ALL >> Business >> View Article
Enterprise Mobile Security - The Must - Have Checklist
Total Articles: 62
Let’s face it, if your organization hasn’t started allowing remote access to their network, they’re working on ways to make it happen. IT security specialists are tackling mobile security head on and providing great solutions for large and small organizations, those with company devices, and those with BYOD (bring your own device) environments. Here’s a checklist of what you absolutely must have for good mobile security.
1. Choose a Mobile Security Option that Integrates Easily
Your new mobile security solution should be one that is easily integrated with your current security infrastructure, if it doesn’t, it could cause problems later, in terms of both security and expense.
2. Choose Scalable Security Options
If we’ve learned anything in the past few years about IT, it’s that everything should be scalable if possible. That means choosing a true enterprise grade security solution for your organization. Choose one which can grow along with your company and the data it utilizes.
3. Choose a Flexible Mobile Security Option
Mobile security that’s too difficult, complicated, or finicky won’t be used properly by employees (or used at all). Your organization should opt for a security solution which offers a spectrum of options tailored to meeting both security and usability needs.
4. Choose a Solution that Includes Secure Communication and Productivity Apps
Email, calendar, and instant messaging apps abound in the app stores, but your most secure solution will likely come wrapped up with an enterprise security package. Make sure that these apps perform well. Your users won’t thank you if the apps are slow, difficult to use, or don’t have as many features as their default options or personally preferred apps. This is especially true if you intend to keep users from downloading apps which share data.
5. Choose a Solution that Allows You to Balance Security, User Privacy, and Network Access
One of the problems organizations can run into is the need to offer very different levels of network access to different employees or employee groups. This can be problematic for two reasons. First, it may be difficult to adjust network access if a solution which allows this was not chosen from the beginning. Second, for users that have access to only, say, a secure email client or other secure company application, it’s important not to infringe on their privacy or restrict their usage of their personal device excessively. However, by choosing an enterprise solution that allows companies to choose different options depending on different scenarios, organizations can keep their employees happy and their data secure.
These are perhaps the most important things your organization will need to consider when choosing an enterprise mobile security solution. However, there are other issues to be taken into account as well. The quality of the customer service and help-desk support for the chosen security solution is very important. And of course, cost must also be a factor. Finally, choose an option which allows you to secure a wide range of mobile devices.
Business Articles1. Four Key Factors To Consider Before Choosing Bollards: Perth Expert Advice
2. Decoding Vital Features Of The Advanced Master Data Management Solutions
Author: Jeff Pollock
3. Laptop And Computer Pc Repair
4. Promotional Mugs- Way To Promote Your Business
5. Important Features Of Good Restaurant Chairs
Author: Arnold Green
6. Chemistry And Physics Help Online
7. Locksmith Services An Overview
8. Indian Food Restaurant -birthday Parties And Celebrations
9. Advantages Of Dynamic Smart Ad Serving
Author: Watson F
10. Market Profile Analysis Dated 6th Nov
11. Indian Cuisine -incredibly Popular In Australia
12. Essential Tips To Keep Your Garage Clean This Winter
Author: Dave Kocemba
13. Greaseproof Paper Helps To Expose Your Brand?
Author: Todd Peovski
14. How To Purchase The Best Cnc Routers
Author: Signvec Pte Ltd
15. 3 Benefits You Get With Psychic Reading
Author: Roosy Singh