ALL >> Business >> View Article
Usmle Step 1 – Some Details
Total Articles: 1
The United States Medical Licensing Examination Step 1 shortly called as USMLE Step 1 is an examination conducted for assessing whether students or graduates from medical schools can apply crucial concepts of the sciences that are basic to the practice of medicine. Generally, US medical students take this examination at the end of the second year of their medical course. It is important that Graduates of International Medical Schools should also take the Step 1 examination, if they are intending to practice in the United States.
Format of the examination: This test is conducted for a duration of 8 hours and it is a computer-based test that should be taken by medical students in a single day. This test will have 322 multiple choice questions that are divided into 7 sections with 46 questions for each section. The test takers can take an average of a minute and 8 seconds to answer each question. Between test sections, the candidates are allowed a cumulative of 45 minutes for personal breaks. Also, a 15-minute tutorial is conducted at the beginning of the test. The participants are allowed to skip this tutorial to add to the break time. If a candidate finishes any section within the allotted one hour duration, the unused time will be added to the break time total. The examination can be taken by candidates in any one of the several Prometric computer testing sites.
Subjects: In general, the USMLE Step 1 test is designed for judging the knowledge gained by candidates during the fundamental science years of medical school. Here are the subjects covered:
In addition to the above-mentioned areas, the knowledge of candidates in interdisciplinary areas like those mentioned below is also tested:
The specialty about this test is that each exam is dynamically generated for each candidate. Even though, the general proportion of questions created from the particular subjects will be same, some candidates report that some subjects are overemphasized or underemphasized in their question paper.
Generally, candidates taking USMLE world and step 1 are recommended to practice well and this is why it becomes important they should get the appropriate coaching to participate in the exam. Nowadays, USMLE World courses can be downloaded online and these courses will be of great help to candidate to prepare themselves well.
Business Articles1. Tiles Style Guide For Your Home Interior Décor!
Author: Ruchir Jethva
2. What Are Gst’s Seven Deadly Defects?
Author: Mohit Yadev
3. The Asean (association Of Southeast Asian Nations) Automotive Composites Market Is Expected To Grow
Author: Lucintel LLC
4. The Expanding Scope And Sphere Of Artificial Intelligence
Author: Avaali Solutions
5. Best Performance Based Software Development Company
6. Tips To Choose A Interior Designers For Home
Author: Anny winslet
7. 5 Tips To Find A Notable Insurance Accident Repair Centre!
Author: Rob Porter
8. How Can You Set Your Mark In The World Of Construction Using Online Business Directories?
Author: John Smith
9. Buy Cheap Assignment Online
10. Vilnius Activities & Tours
11. An Introduction To Thermal Spray
Author: Ross Barkely
12. How To Find The Best Towbar Accessories Suppliers In Australia
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. How To Gain Good Profit On Comex Signals By Gold Crude Research
Author: Gold Crude Research
14. Uk's Largest Canopies And Walkways Supplier
15. Residential Pest Control - How You Can Prevent Insect Problems
Author: Michael Gray