ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
£4.2 Million Investment In Fire Safety From Manchester Airport
Total Articles: 73
The Manchester Airport Fire Service have taken delivery of six high tech, Oshkosh Global Strikers as part of their £4.2 million investment in fire safety.
All six Striker ARFF vehicles supplied by Terberg DTS are equipped with the latest technology, they include infra-red cameras, high reach extending turrets - known as snozzles - and more environmentally-friendly foam, making them the most advanced fleet of fire suppression vehicles in Europe.
The vehicles allow the fire service to adopt new operational techniques and ultimately provide a safer environment for passengers, staff and fire fighters alike.
Steve Metcalf, the airport’s chief fire officer and emergency services manager, said: “The introduction of this fleet has presented us with the opportunity to introduce a new operational model incorporating a completely fresh approach, adopting revised tactics and techniques to enable us to create a safer environment for our passengers, operating crews and firefighters. These are exciting times for the fire and rescue service at Manchester Airport as these new procedures, supported by our new vehicles, have modernised our operation.
We’re investing in a safer future and it’s of the utmost importance to us as an airport that both our staff and passengers are in a safe environment at all times, and our investment in these vehicles underlines our commitment in this area. The Oshkosh Global Striker Vehicles are equipped with the latest technology which helps to make firefighter jobs safer and more efficient, protecting both them and our passengers in the event of a crisis situation, which while we hope never happens, we must be prepared for.”
Alisdair Couper, Managing Director at Terberg DTS commented, "All 84 fire fighters were fully trained to operate these new vehicles before delivery which allowed them to be put into operation immediately upon arrival. We have worked closely with the Fire Fighters at Manchester and Oshkosh to provide a vehicle solution specific to their operational needs and the results have been astounding."
The six Oshskosh Strikers were publically launched at the Manchester Airport Runway Visitors Centre in the Concorde Hangar, over 150 guests received a full demonstration of the vehicles at the fire training ground utilising new safer techniques and an environmentally friendly fire fighting foam.
Steve Metcalf, the airport’s chief fire officer and emergency services manager, commented, " the level of service and support afforded to Manchester Airport Fire Service by Terberg DTS has been outstanding."
Find out more about the range of fire engines for sale that Terberg DTS UK offer online.
Automobiles Articles1. Auto Body Shop Work Performance
Author: Rickey Gregg
2. 3 Safe Towing Tips For The Peugeot 3008
3. 4 Aussie Roads To Try In Your Skoda Kodiaq
4. Train Battery Market Worth $703.2 Million By 2025
Author: Aaron N Smith
5. A Quick Guide To Upgrading Your Bmw!
Author: Anil Patel
6. Advantages Offered By Oversize Load Trucking Companies
Author: Gabriel Fulton
7. Haggling With A Precision Jeep Butler Nj
Author: Precision Jeep
8. 4 Tips To Choose Best Car Wash Services Near You
9. Moving Forward: Corrective Steps To Obtain An Auto Loan After Rejection
Author: Wiliams Orchard
10. 4 Ways To Avoid Feelings Of Road Rage In Your Nissan X-trail
11. 49cc Motorized Bicycle: Simplifying Transportation With An Auto-mechanic Enhancer
Author: Helio Motorized Bicycles
12. The Amenities And Flexibilities Of The Premium Shuttle Services In Mandurah
Author: Max Brier
13. Get Your Car Dent Repaired By A Professional!
Author: Richard Clinton
14. Vehicle Servicing And Tuning Done Using Original Car Parts In Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
15. Tips To Find The Best Service Of Scrap Car Removal In Toronto