ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
£4.2 Million Investment In Fire Safety From Manchester Airport
Total Articles: 73
The Manchester Airport Fire Service have taken delivery of six high tech, Oshkosh Global Strikers as part of their £4.2 million investment in fire safety.
All six Striker ARFF vehicles supplied by Terberg DTS are equipped with the latest technology, they include infra-red cameras, high reach extending turrets - known as snozzles - and more environmentally-friendly foam, making them the most advanced fleet of fire suppression vehicles in Europe.
The vehicles allow the fire service to adopt new operational techniques and ultimately provide a safer environment for passengers, staff and fire fighters alike.
Steve Metcalf, the airport’s chief fire officer and emergency services manager, said: “The introduction of this fleet has presented us with the opportunity to introduce a new operational model incorporating a completely fresh approach, adopting revised tactics and techniques to enable us to create a safer environment for our passengers, operating crews and firefighters. These are exciting times for the fire and rescue service at Manchester Airport as these new procedures, supported by our new vehicles, have modernised our operation.
We’re investing in a safer future and it’s of the utmost importance to us as an airport that both our staff and passengers are in a safe environment at all times, and our investment in these vehicles underlines our commitment in this area. The Oshkosh Global Striker Vehicles are equipped with the latest technology which helps to make firefighter jobs safer and more efficient, protecting both them and our passengers in the event of a crisis situation, which while we hope never happens, we must be prepared for.”
Alisdair Couper, Managing Director at Terberg DTS commented, "All 84 fire fighters were fully trained to operate these new vehicles before delivery which allowed them to be put into operation immediately upon arrival. We have worked closely with the Fire Fighters at Manchester and Oshkosh to provide a vehicle solution specific to their operational needs and the results have been astounding."
The six Oshskosh Strikers were publically launched at the Manchester Airport Runway Visitors Centre in the Concorde Hangar, over 150 guests received a full demonstration of the vehicles at the fire training ground utilising new safer techniques and an environmentally friendly fire fighting foam.
Steve Metcalf, the airport’s chief fire officer and emergency services manager, commented, " the level of service and support afforded to Manchester Airport Fire Service by Terberg DTS has been outstanding."
Find out more about the range of fire engines for sale that Terberg DTS UK offer online.
Automobiles Articles1. Increasingly Stringent Fuel Efficiency Norms To Drive The Demand For Electronically Assisted Steeri
2. Advanced Technology And Growth Of The Automotive Industry Will Drive The Automotive Engine Market
3. How To Choose The Best Place To Undertake Your Car Repair?
Author: James Johnson
4. Air Pressure In Tyres-impact On Driving
Author: BK Vijay
5. Considerations To Keep In Mind Before Buying A Lube Truck For Your Business
Author: Scott Lee
6. Taking Advantage Of The Skoda Deals
Author: Daniel Skoda
7. Buying Bridgewater Cars On Sale - Bridgewater Car Sales
Author: Bridgewater Nissan
8. The Roller Conveyor Type Leads The Conveyor System Market In Food & Beverage Industry
9. Lighting To Be The Largest Application Segment Of The Glazing By Polycarbonate Material Market
10. Technological Advancements & The Growth Of The Automotive Industry Are Expected To Drive The Vehicl
11. Get An Airport Shuttle Service When You Are In A Hurry To Catch A Flight
Author: Max Brier
12. A Thin Thread Of Differentiation Between The Bobbers And Choppers
Author: Levi Fysh
13. How To Find Auto Repair Shop - It Is Very Important To Make The Right Choice
Author: Mark Josesh
14. Factors You Should Consider While Hiring A Lorry Anywhere In Bradford
Author: Emma Denton
15. Swipe & Buy: Is It Possible To Buy A Car With A Credit Card?
Author: Williams Orchard