ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
£4.2 Million Investment In Fire Safety From Manchester Airport
Total Articles: 73
The Manchester Airport Fire Service have taken delivery of six high tech, Oshkosh Global Strikers as part of their £4.2 million investment in fire safety.
All six Striker ARFF vehicles supplied by Terberg DTS are equipped with the latest technology, they include infra-red cameras, high reach extending turrets - known as snozzles - and more environmentally-friendly foam, making them the most advanced fleet of fire suppression vehicles in Europe.
The vehicles allow the fire service to adopt new operational techniques and ultimately provide a safer environment for passengers, staff and fire fighters alike.
Steve Metcalf, the airport’s chief fire officer and emergency services manager, said: “The introduction of this fleet has presented us with the opportunity to introduce a new operational model incorporating a completely fresh approach, adopting revised tactics and techniques to enable us to create a safer environment for our passengers, operating crews and firefighters. These are exciting times for the fire and rescue service at Manchester Airport as these new procedures, supported by our new vehicles, have modernised our operation.
We’re investing in a safer future and it’s of the utmost importance to us as an airport that both our staff and passengers are in a safe environment at all times, and our investment in these vehicles underlines our commitment in this area. The Oshkosh Global Striker Vehicles are equipped with the latest technology which helps to make firefighter jobs safer and more efficient, protecting both them and our passengers in the event of a crisis situation, which while we hope never happens, we must be prepared for.”
Alisdair Couper, Managing Director at Terberg DTS commented, "All 84 fire fighters were fully trained to operate these new vehicles before delivery which allowed them to be put into operation immediately upon arrival. We have worked closely with the Fire Fighters at Manchester and Oshkosh to provide a vehicle solution specific to their operational needs and the results have been astounding."
The six Oshskosh Strikers were publically launched at the Manchester Airport Runway Visitors Centre in the Concorde Hangar, over 150 guests received a full demonstration of the vehicles at the fire training ground utilising new safer techniques and an environmentally friendly fire fighting foam.
Steve Metcalf, the airport’s chief fire officer and emergency services manager, commented, " the level of service and support afforded to Manchester Airport Fire Service by Terberg DTS has been outstanding."
Find out more about the range of fire engines for sale that Terberg DTS UK offer online.
Automobiles Articles1. Car Dealers Perfect Way To Get The Used Car
2. Benefits Of Hiring A Taxi And How You Can Make Full Use Of It
Author: Dave Woods
3. Importance Of The Development Of Rugged Dc Dc Converter
Author: Lilly Allen
4. Detailed Guide To Wash Your Car Properly With 2 Bucket Method And Car Wash Shampoo
Author: neel patel
5. How To Choose Best Gps Anti Car Theft Device?
Author: Randeep Kumar
6. A Mobile Roadworthy Certificate Centre May Come Handy While In A Hurry
Author: Luca Curtis
7. Customised Motorcycles Give The Rider A Style Statement
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tips To Buy A High Mileage Car
9. Importance Of Learning Through Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
10. How Technology Is Changing The Teaching Techniques Today?
Author: Eesha Zaveri
11. The Used Mercedes Benz Dealers In Miami Offers Best Collection For Your Choice
12. Taking Care Of Your Sydney Trailer
13. Advices To Get Auto Financing From Car Dealership
14. Travel Bike – Folding Bike Fits For Just Any Type Of Road!
Author: Paul Pinigis
15. Top 10 Popular Upcoming Bikes In India To Launch In 2017 & 2018
Author: Adaalo India