ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
4 Simple Steps To Fight Tool Thieves
Total Articles: 1
The nature of working as a tradie means that you are constantly leaving your livelihood exposed to the possibility of theft and damage whenever you walk away. Your tools are the items which ensure you can perform your job, so it is important to ensure that you not only insure them, but avoid theft in the first place.
Tip 1: Keeping an eye
Avoiding leaving your tools lying around the worksite and unattended. Anyone can come off the street and take them if workers heads are turned or you are out to lunch. Tools that are not being used can go in a lockable box which stays within your eye sight for best protection from theft. If you no longer need a tool, put it away so that you don’t forget about it. This is not only important for avoiding tool theft, but also so general safety of the work site.
Tip 2: Secure vehicle storage
When it comes to storing your tools in the work car, it is important to take some steps in order to ensure your tools are secure if they are visible or not to passersby and potential thieves. Whether you are working a job, or leaving your tools in the work vehicle over night or over the weekend, its essential to keep them out of sight. You can do this by:
• Putting them in the boot
• Storing them in a secure and sturdy lockable tool box
• Getting a ute tray cover
It is also necessary to keep them secure whilst in the car, which you can do by:
• Locking your vehicle every time you leave it, even for a minute
• Installing a grille to prevent the windows being smashed
Thieves can also try to steal your entire work vehicle, this means that it is essential to lock your doors every time, store the tools in steal boxes out of sight, parking in a secure garage.
Do not provide thieves with an opportunity to steal your tools, if you are strategic about how you store them you can decrease the risks of theft.
Tip 3: Labelling
Labelling is a great way to ensure that your tools are marked and do not get mixed up or lost with other tradesmen’s tools on site. It will also make them easily identifiable in case of theft and assist with the insurance claim. You can also record the serial numbers of your tools to ensure that if lost, they do not go missing. Another great idea is to take photos of all of your tools so that you have a reference should they be stolen of what you actually own.
Tip 4: Insurance
Sometimes no matter how hard you try to stop thieves, they are still going to try and get at the tools or property in your vehicle or off your work site. Where there is a will, there is way. This is when insurance shows its real value. If you are unlucky enough to have your tools stolen, an insurance policy will protect your livelihood.
Take a little bit of time to add up the value of your tools and you will notice that they will come to at least a few thousand dollars. If your tools went missing, it would be rather difficult to replace these out of your own pocket. Being vigilant pays off, talk to an tools insurance broker such as All Trades Cover now in order to ensure you have the best cover for your particular tools and protect your business in the case of theft.
Insurance Articles1. Some Important Tips To Know About Weekly Car Insurance
Author: Charlene Hubbard
2. Investing In Ulip’s – Is It A Good Idea?
Author: Ekta Kariya
3. Why You Can't Do Without Life Insurance?
Author: Absolute Value Insurance
4. How Can You Customize Medical Insurance Plans For Your Family?
5. Work With The Right Mortgage Broker
Author: Horace Edwin
6. Home Mortgage Advice - Do You Qualify?
Author: Gilbert Martin
7. Are You In Need Of Northampton Mortgage And Financing Advice?
Author: Joseph Frank
8. Should You Buy Used Cars Greensboro Nc
9. Advantages Of North Carolina State Credit Union
10. Why Join North Carolina Credit Union
11. The Mortgage Adviser North London Can Help You Find The Best Deals Within No Time
12. Vital Factors To Consider When Selecting Best Health Insurance For Foreigners
Author: Alzbeta berka
13. Reasons To Contact Public Insurance Adjusters In Philadelphia For Help
14. Why Is It Advisable To Avail A Critical Illness Insurance
15. 5 Reasons Why Ulips Are One Of The Best Tax-saving Instruments
Author: Edelweiss Tokio