ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
4 Simple Steps To Fight Tool Thieves
Total Articles: 1
The nature of working as a tradie means that you are constantly leaving your livelihood exposed to the possibility of theft and damage whenever you walk away. Your tools are the items which ensure you can perform your job, so it is important to ensure that you not only insure them, but avoid theft in the first place.
Tip 1: Keeping an eye
Avoiding leaving your tools lying around the worksite and unattended. Anyone can come off the street and take them if workers heads are turned or you are out to lunch. Tools that are not being used can go in a lockable box which stays within your eye sight for best protection from theft. If you no longer need a tool, put it away so that you don’t forget about it. This is not only important for avoiding tool theft, but also so general safety of the work site.
Tip 2: Secure vehicle storage
When it comes to storing your tools in the work car, it is important to take some steps in order to ensure your tools are secure if they are visible or not to passersby and potential thieves. Whether you are working a job, or leaving your tools in the work vehicle over night or over the weekend, its essential to keep them out of sight. You can do this by:
• Putting them in the boot
• Storing them in a secure and sturdy lockable tool box
• Getting a ute tray cover
It is also necessary to keep them secure whilst in the car, which you can do by:
• Locking your vehicle every time you leave it, even for a minute
• Installing a grille to prevent the windows being smashed
Thieves can also try to steal your entire work vehicle, this means that it is essential to lock your doors every time, store the tools in steal boxes out of sight, parking in a secure garage.
Do not provide thieves with an opportunity to steal your tools, if you are strategic about how you store them you can decrease the risks of theft.
Tip 3: Labelling
Labelling is a great way to ensure that your tools are marked and do not get mixed up or lost with other tradesmen’s tools on site. It will also make them easily identifiable in case of theft and assist with the insurance claim. You can also record the serial numbers of your tools to ensure that if lost, they do not go missing. Another great idea is to take photos of all of your tools so that you have a reference should they be stolen of what you actually own.
Tip 4: Insurance
Sometimes no matter how hard you try to stop thieves, they are still going to try and get at the tools or property in your vehicle or off your work site. Where there is a will, there is way. This is when insurance shows its real value. If you are unlucky enough to have your tools stolen, an insurance policy will protect your livelihood.
Take a little bit of time to add up the value of your tools and you will notice that they will come to at least a few thousand dollars. If your tools went missing, it would be rather difficult to replace these out of your own pocket. Being vigilant pays off, talk to an tools insurance broker such as All Trades Cover now in order to ensure you have the best cover for your particular tools and protect your business in the case of theft.
Insurance Articles1. Health Insurance Company
Author: Kent Pinkerton
2. Compare Health Insurance Online & Plan For The Emergency Room
Author: Muhammad Waqar Asghar
3. The Best Mortgage Advice Liverpool
4. Professional Mortgage Advice Liverpool
5. Mortgage Advisor Leeds Makes The Process Of Mortgage Quick And Easy
6. Help From A Mortgage Broker Sheffield
7. Car Insurance Best Rates
Author: Mike Hearn
8. Few Tips To Remember Before Buying Insurance From Private Companies
Author: Money Classic Research
9. Personal Insurance Is Significant In Dubai
Author: Omega Insurance
10. Education In Dubai Might Increase But Not To Those Who Invest In Child Education Plan.
Author: Omega Insurance
11. Peach Injury - Medical Lien Services
Author: Peach Injury Network LLc
12. 6 Tips To Follow To Get Cheap High Risk Auto Insurance
Author: Victor Cano
13. Welcome Aboard To International Travel
14. Choose Best Home Insurance Company In California And Find A Best Home Insurance Policy
15. 3 Facts That You Must Know About Freight Factoring Services
Author: Husam Jandal