ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Hani Girgis - Digital Marketing Story
Total Articles: 8
HTML 4.01 has been in use for almost 10 years now, until recently when HTML5 morphed out of it as the new standard for website content and functionality, and it continues to evolve ever since then. Latest web browsers like Safari, Chrome, IE and Firefox have adapted well to this latest web standard and continue to make their latest versions adapt to its features.
HTML5 has a number of elements that help online marketers to carry out effective SEO by way of its technical enhancements and improved features. It is however important for them to understand in detail, why does HTML5 matter for their SEO efforts.
To start with, here is how HTML5 can help with SEO:
1. New Semantic Tags and Geolocation Microdata Elements
HTML5 has new elements to offer that enable a better structure of the site viz. header tags, article tags and nav tags. You can make search engines understand and index simple content such as ratings/reviews, company events, people and products by using Geolocation Microdata.
SEO benefits: The cleaner code enables webpages to be efficiently searched and indexed. Also, the download time for webpages decreases significantly. Google identifies and presents the information in a better manner by virtue of the rich snippets generated by webmasters with the help Microdata.
2. New Media Elements
HTML5 brings along a new standard for multimedia content without the need for a plugin by a third party vendor. For instance, playing audio or video on a webpage had no set standard practice until HTML5 came into being. Generally, third party plugins such as flash are required to play audio and video files, however same plugins are not shared by all browsers. By using HTML5, you can directly build videos into browsers that support it and enable fast video downloads.
SEO benefits: Search engines better index and search HTML5 videos. Videos are ultra-fast and are browser based. Also, slower internet connections can have a better browsing experience without video buffering since the downloading and playing both take place in HTML5.
The independence from a third party vendor’s plugin makes HTML5 more companionable with mobile gadgets which classically have restricted memory resources. The benefit of this video element for SEO is due to the fact that you can do away with much coding in order to be able to set in the video. Also, the video tag enables a search engine crawler to be more discerning as to what is this code for.
3. Canvas Element
This is a new pixel based graphic area that enables drawing charts, graphics and graphic visuals on a webpage.
SEO benefits: It provides greater stability as compared to a plugin since the browser includes the Canvas.
4. Local Client Side Storage
SEO benefits: You can leave the website’s performance unaffected even after storing large amounts of data.
5. Form Elements
The forms have been equipped with more variety and functionality viz. date, time, URL, email, calendar, search etc.
SEO benefits: These new form options provide better design and functionality on mobile devices.
6. Multi-tasking capabilities through Web Workers
SEO benefits: Web Workers give a greater flexibility to the developer in separating the content from code intended for processing tasks.
The above mentioned features of HTML5 and the SEO benefits that they bring along bear enough testimony to the fact that HTML5 is the new standard in markup for presenting webpages.
When talking about the best option for quality HTML5, it is very important that we research the Internet with care. Lately, one of the most trusted references online includes the http://hani.kiwi/blog/.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Q&a | Answering All The Faqs About Social Media Aggregators
Author: Alex Watts
2. Avail Internet Marketing Companies In Pune Services To Reach Your Online Business Objectives
3. On Facebook…and The Shifty Home-business Generation
Author: Hannah George
4. Local Seo In Waterloo Ontario - Sizing Up The Competition
Author: Nick Watson is the author of this article
5. 4 Trends In The Digital Marketing Sphere That Will Help You Generate More Sales
Author: Joseph Symons
6. Bulk Sms Reselling Business Oppurtunity – Smsjosh
7. Important Factors To Consider While Enlisting For Online Construction Directory
Author: John Tremblay
8. Custom Mobile Development For Businesses
Author: Paul Wright
9. Plug Your Business Into The Digital Age With 180 Fusion
10. Pay Per Click Management Service To Take Your Business To The Next Level
11. Pasadena Web Development
Author: web design pasadena
12. A Few Effective Tips To Ensure Best Operation Of Your Business Site
Author: Bit Zenith
13. 7 Ways Personal Reputation Management Services Help You Create A Strong Online Presence
Author: AKS Interactive
14. Email Automation An Effective Way For Engaging Customers
15. The Point To Point Guide To Boosting Your Google Rankings Without Getting Penalized