ALL >> Family >> View Article
First Test Tube Baby Clinic With Closed Working Chambers Ivf Lab
Total Articles: 2
Test tube baby is another name for IVF procedure, where sperm and eggs are collected, fertilized in the laboratory and the resulting healthy embryo is then transferred into the uterus. A test tube baby is the term that refers to a child that is conceived outside the woman's body. The process is referred to as "in vitro" (outside the body) fertilization. Here eggs are removed from the mother's ovary and incubated with sperm from the father. After fertilization, the "pre-embryos “are allowed to divide 2-4 times (in a "test tube", hence the name) and then returned to the mother's uterus where they can develop normally. Through these procedures, women with otherwise untreatable infertility problems have given birth to healthy babies. It is a method of assisted reproductive technology for treatment of infertility. With egg donation and IVF, women who are past their reproductive years or menopause can still become pregnant. Today, the process of in vitro fertilization is considered common and utilized by infertile couples around the world.
Today, thanks to the efforts of British Nobel Prize winners Dr. Patrick Steptoe and biologist Robert Edwards, who pioneered the procedure with the birth of first test tube baby Louis Brown, IVF is performed successfully around the world. Now, the procedure is so common that more than 5 million around the world have conceived babies through in vitro fertilization or IVF.
When is the option for Test tube baby recommended and to whom is IVF treatment recommended?
As we all know infertility is the failure on the part of the couple to conceive after 12 months of trying without the use of contraceptives. IVF is a complex procedure involving considerable personal and financial commitment, so other treatments are usually recommended first. It is advisable that before opting for ivf, infertile couple has tried less invasive treatment options including fertility drugs to increase production of eggs or intrauterine insemination — a procedure in which sperm are placed directly in your uterus near the time of ovulation. Occasionally, IVF is offered as a primary treatment for infertility in women over age 40. IVF can also be done if you have certain health conditions.
Ivf is usually recommended to infertile couples having blocked fallopian tubes, endometriosis, ovulation disorders, ovarian failure, the male partner has low sperm count, unexplained infertility or any other reason by which the fertilization which occurs in outer part of the fallopian tubes does not take place. Advanced reproductive age also plays a major role in deciding about ivf treatment. I.V.F. can also be the treatment of last resort in the case of problems like oligospermia, major cervical mucus hostility factors and certain cases of unexplained infertility.
What is the success rate of IVF?
The success rate of pregnancy associated with this treatment ranges between 15-30%. Therefore it is also not advisable to go in for IVF treatment without trying simpler treatment options first. IVF is a complex procedure involving considerable personal and financial commitment, so other treatments are usually recommended first. The success of the ivf treatment also depends on the age of women and the quality of the eggs. One of the reasons for the success is whether donor eggs are used or mothers eggs are used?
Although IVF has a high rate of success in helping couples to become pregnant, it has some disadvantages as well, including high costs, potential risks from fertility medications and invasive procedures used, as well as an increased rate of multiple gestation (i.e., twins or triplets). There may also be an increased risk of some pregnancy complications, such as preterm birth. Ectopic pregnancies can occur after IVF, although the risk is much lower than with other fertility therapies.
Women who are considering IVF should discuss the risks, benefits, and alternatives with their healthcare provider and partner before treatment begins. In most cases, several cycles of a less expensive and less invasive infertility treatment are recommended before considering IVF.
Every year, millions of couples try to conceive a child; unfortunately, many find that they cannot. The process to find out how and why they have infertility issues can be long and arduous. Before the invention of test tube baby treatment or ivf treatment women’s with Fallopian tube blockages (approximately twenty percent of infertile women) had no hope of becoming pregnant.
A woman's age must be considered. Older women feel additional pressure as they feel their biological clocks are ticking and time is running out. However, there is no upper age limit at which IVF should not be done, - and in fact, for older women, it might represent their only chance of success. It's not really the age of the woman, which is the limiting factor - it's the quality of her eggs.
All couples who are facing infertility issues and who are thinking of pursuing ivf must consider following tips for higher results and success.
1) No smoking or alcohol use as it can result in lower pregnancy rates and a greater risk of miscarriage.
2) No more than two caffeinated beverages per day.
3) Avoid change in diet or weight loss or fad diets during IVF cycle. A healthy well balanced diet works best.
4) Refrain from intercourse three to four days prior to egg retrieval and following embryo replacement until pregnancy determination is made.
5) Normal exercise may continue unless enlargement of your ovaries produces discomfort.
6) Avoid hot tubs or saunas.
1) Drugs, alcohol, and cigarette smoking should be avoided for three months prior to treatment and at all times during the ongoing IVF treatment cycle.
2) Sitting in hot tubs and saunas is not recommended. Even a single episode in the hot tub can adversely affect sperm function. Refrain from this for at least three months prior to treatment.
3) Abstain from intercourse for at least three days, but not more than seven days prior to collection of semen for egg collection and during treatment.
4) Fever greater than 100.4o one to two months prior to IVF treatment may adversely affect sperm quality. Consult your doctor immediately.
You may adopt this lifestyle changes and live healthy life. Ivf treatment is costly affair and one should consider all efforts possible before seeking this treatment.
Facing infertility is one of the most stressful situations one may encounter, emotionally, physically and of course, financially. At Indira Infertility Clinic and Research Centre doctors are aware of it and hence they work hand-in-hand with you to make every phase of the fertility treatment from diagnosis to end of IVF treatment - as predictable and comfortable as possible. The treatment offered is at very affordable price and economical. Indira IVF believes in Supporting Your Family Building Dreams with IVF. We provide state-of-the-art IVF treatment at affordable prices in a comfortable atmosphere. All the latest reproductive techniques including IUI, IVF, ICSI, Laser Assisted Hatching, Blastocyst Transfer, Sperm & Embryo Freezing, Donor Egg IVF and Embryo Adoption are available with us under one roof.
The team of fertility specialists includes talented and aspiring Gynecologist, Sonologist, Embryologist and Clinical staff who is highly trained in all aspects of Reproductive technology. They continuously work for the improvement of the IVF treatment program as per the need of their patients. The team at INDIRA IVF with their sincere effort, dedication and professional approach has been instrumental in achieving more than 2000 IVF pregnancies all across India in just 3 years. Our IVF success rates are high and we keep patients' stress levels low. We believe that the best patient is a well informed one, and that you are the most important person in our IVF clinic.
You can visit the clinic or fix up an appointment with our infertility specialist at http://www.indiraivf.com or you can call us on 0294-2412063
Family Articles1. Elder Health Care And Senior Citizen Homes Facilities Provided By Ngos
Author: kanan james
2. Advantages Of Having A Nanny
Author: Johny Danes
3. Why Hire Nannies?
Author: Johny Danes
4. The Aged Care Sunshine Coast Offer Quality Lifestyle For The Elders Through Their Home Care Services
5. How To Break-up With Your Partner When You Live Together
Author: priyanka kumari
6. What To Do With Your Cat When You Head For A Vacation?
Author: Emma B
7. How To Hire Childcare Provider
Author: Brian Miller
8. Hiring A Live In Caregiver
Author: Brian Miller
9. Choosing A Caregiver For Your Child
Author: Brian Miller
10. How To Spend A Day With Your Family At The Beach?
11. Using Benefits Of Humidifier For Babies
Author: Syed tutul
12. Avail Respite Care Sunshine Coast To Take A Break From Your Elderly Care
13. Simple Bits Of Advice On Assisted Living
Author: Nora Fatehi
14. The Aged Care Sunshine Coast Services Offer Quality Lifestyle For The Elderly
15. The 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Home Care Programs For The Elderly