ALL >> Business >> View Article
Water And Wastewater Treatment 2014
Total Articles: 13
Water and wastewater treatment 2014 is a rapidly increasing industry that provides thousands of job opportunities for vendors and contractors alike. Vendors can bid on various kinds of water and wastewater treatment projects posted by Water utility companies. But first, let us understand the water and wastewater treatment as a process that is extremely essential for the health of the civic society as well as the environment as a whole.
Water treatment is the process of making the ground water acceptable for human consumption by removing or reducing the contaminants present. There are two ways in which water is treated to make it fit for drinking. Settling and filtration is the physical process that separates unwanted solids present in raw water. The other is the chemical process where disinfection and coagulation is carried out to treat water to make it fit for drinking. Water is also treated by electromagnetic radiation or ultraviolet rays.
Chemical Water Treatment for Purification of Drinking Water
Chemical water purification involves the use of chemicals like chlorine to purify the water. Chlorination of water ensures the removal of harmful bacteria, algae and fungi that may be present in the water. Other chlorine based compounds such as chlorine dioxide and chloramine are also used to disinfect drinking water.
Returning the used water back to the environment without creating an undesirable ecological impact is the most important goal of Water Utilities Government Contracts treatment. Here, household sewage and industrial effluents are treated to remove physical, biological and chemical contaminants. Once the sewage is treated, it can be safely released into the environment. The treated fluid wastes and sludge is put to good use as farm fertilizer.
Just as chemicals are used to purify water, they are also used in wastewater treatment process to make it suitable for use.
• Toxic metals from wastewater are removed by chemical precipitation, a process where a chemical is added to wastewater to convert the dissolved metals into solids so that they can be filtered out.
• Chemical coagulation helps the fine solids in wastewater fluids to bind together and settle down. These particles are then removed by sedimentation.
• Chemical oxidation is used to modify the polluting bodies in the wastewater so that they become less harmful to the environment.
In the United States, billions of dollars worth of job contracts pertaining to water and wastewater treatment in 2014 are up for grabs. H2bid.com is an online portal that has the largest listing of such contract opportunities put up by Water Utilities Government Bids from all the 50 US states as well as from some parts of Canada. Vendors and contractors in the field of water and wastewater treatment can bid for these jobs by tracking them through H2bid.com.
Business Articles1. Some Facts About Event Planning
2. Why Should I Hire An Event Planner?
3. Why Should I Hire An Event Planning Agency For Corporate Events?
4. Render A Successful Event With The Right Event Planning Agency
5. Event Management Agency – To Manage Events Successfully
6. Denis Vincent - Le Parcours Extraordinaire D'un Homme Ordinaire
Author: Denis Vincent
7. Rising Damp Treatment For Your House – Who To Choose And How
Author: George Dean
8. Certified Packers And Movers In Gurgaon
Author: gajendra singh
9. Benefits Of Using Pressure Washing Services
Author: Anu Radha
10. Understanding Payroll Fraud And Preventing It
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
11. Glow Art Board Add A Touch Of Glow To Your Art
Author: baby gander
12. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Author: Ross Barkely
13. Importance Of Recycling The Waste Water
Author: Manoj Shukla
14. Mold Removal Toronto With The Best Package Of All Time
Author: jacob fairley
15. Find Property For Rent
Author: Find Property For Rent