ALL >> Health >> View Article
Let Me Take You To Timbuktu
Total Articles: 202
Let me take you to Timbuktu; a place that will keep you moving and grooving with some energy! More than just a party, there is a new aerobic fitness craze that is approaching the health scene that not only improves your cardiovascular strength, but takes you on a journey! As your mind travels through the heart of African right into the Elysian landscapes of the Ivory Coast, you are unknowingly burning up to 700 calories an hour! African Dance has been known to mark occasions such as birth, death, harvests, and weddings. It is also used to unite the community in times of crisis; an appropriate answer to the obesity crisis we are ALL now experiencing in the U.S. Timbuk Fitness’s high-energy, LIVE Africandrumming and jubilant blends of calorie burning movements is the brain child of creator Diadié Bathily (pronounced Jah-Jay BAH-chee-LEE) who has danced professionally for over 30 years on stages in Africa, Europe and North America.
“As a dancer and choreographer, I was able to blend the beauty of African performance dance moves into aerobic techniques that also engages your core and upper body strength giving you a full body workout, Diadié explained. The techniques are so natural, which is so healthy for the body and to the soul.” As the recipient of the N’gowa Prize for dance on the Ivory Coast, Diadié has conducted master classes and workshops throughout Europe and North America and has performed and choreographed notable companies as the Cleo Parker Robinson Dance Ensemble.
Certified Timbuk instructors are trained to understand the importance of the body’s movement restrictions and risks of injuries by integrating natural body movement within the techniques. By doing so, the body regains its own ease of motion by re-learning how to move in an integrated manner that enhances natural body movements and balance. The concept to take full advantage of the body’s natural body movements and gestures also strengthen and enhances the visual messages conveyed throughout the exercise. The curriculum includes 5 hours of dance instruction, 3 hours of exercise physiology, sales, marketing training, a teaching hand guide.
“Timbuk movements are natural, Timbuk President Rachel Armstrong confirms, this communicates emotion, empowers communities, and strengthens bonds. You will see results and enjoy new friends while feeling good within your body!”
Contact Rachel Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org for Timbuk DVDs or how to become a Certified Timbuk™ Instructor.
Health Articles1. After The Free Qigong Distant Energy Healing
Author: Michael Mohoric
2. That Member Rash: Eczema Or Psoriasis?
Author: John Dugan
3. Explore On The Internet And Make Yourself Free From Oral Issues
Author: Gary Adelani
4. Dental Care Facts You May Not Uncover In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
5. Pharmasynth Has Been Rated As One Of The Top Pharma Company In The Country
6. How To Get Benefits Of Orthodontics Courses For General Dentists And Orthodontic Online Learning
Author: Kenneth Steven
7. Dr. Bruce Hawley And Lynnwood Orthodontics Only Want The Best For Your Teeth
Author: Alan Greek
8. Invisalign In North Wales Office Qualified Dental Practitioners
Author: Paul Wilson
9. Best Place To Get Dental Care
Author: John Marker
10. 8 Basic Manhood Protection Hacks
Author: John Dugan
11. Neurostimulation Devices Market Is Expected To Grow Cagr Of 14.2% Till 2020
Author: Gomez R
12. Great Christmas Deals On Zopiclone
Author: Great Christmas Deals on Zopiclone
13. If You Are In Need Of An Orthodontist Then Dr. Grider Is The Man For You
Author: Paul Greig
14. The Orthodontist In Mckinney That Will Make You Look Great
Author: Change Albert Ratner
15. Men Can Get Their Best Nutritional Supplement With Naka Nutri Multi For Men