ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
Synchronize Files And Synchronize Folders With The Free Open Source Tool Freefilesync
Total Articles: 4
The number of personal and work-related files and folders is always increasing. At the same time there's the need to access these files from multiple devices and locations. Naturally a means to synchronize all this data arises. While many hardware devices nowadays offer an automated way to synchronize the data via the cloud, this may not always be the wisest choice. Depending on the number and size of the files, the internet connection speed may be too slow to handle them efficiently. Also there is the question of how trustworthy cloud storages are when it comes to preserving personal and sensible information such as frequently occurring in business contexts.
For these reasons it is often the best solution to backup to offline storage like external hard drives or USB thumb sticks. But one piece of the puzzle is still missing: How can one avoid the tediousness of manually updating a second copy of personal files and minimize the administrative overhead to execute the synchronization. This is where file synchronization tools come into play.
Among the large number of possible software solutions, there is one standing out from the crowd, and it's even free: The open source software FreeFileSync promises to solve this functional gap to automate synchronization of huge amounts of data optimized for the maximum speed that can be expected from local storage devices. This makes it possible to create a basic sync configuration just once, that then will repeatedly backup all relevant data with no manual intervention and highest reliability.
FreeFileSync's user interface is optimized for highest usability: By offering all relevant options where you would expect them and at the granularity that makes sense during a particular operation it is quick and easy to setup a new sync job. While similar tools would just load the dialogs with all conceivable options, FreeFileSync is succinct and to the point. This makes this application not only solve the file synchronization problem, but it's also a joy to use at the same time.
FreeFileSync can be downloaded for free and without any restrictions from
Hardware/Software Articles1. Better Health With Spirulina Supplement
Author: owen thomson
2. Garmin Map Update Error Connecting To Server 1-888 524 8675
Author: Garmin GPS Update
3. Built Strong Relationship With Customer Through Crm Software Company
Author: crm software
4. How To Handle Temporary Staffing Schedules
Author: Edmund Brunetti
5. How Enterprise Mobile Application Development Is Going To Change Your Business Strategies
Author: Emma Watson
6. Natural Gas Conservation Tips And Facts, Gas Billing
7. Transportation Management Software (tms)
Author: Dhwani Khatri
8. How To Achieve Your Desired Target With Mlm Matrix Plan?
Author: MLM Software
9. How Sap Hybris Will Be A Game-changer For Your Business
Author: Sonata Software
10. Global Biometric Sensor Market Growth
11. Shopify Ecommerce Application Development
Author: Abinash Ghosh
12. Why Business Organizations Need Email Archiving?
Author: Frank Bower
13. Samsung Repairs In London – Ukwiderepair.co.uk
14. Reliable Htc Repair Centre In London – Htc Repairer
15. Quick Motorola Repairs – Motorola Repairer