ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
The Importance Of Tailoring Content For Mobile
Total Articles: 1
In the past year we have seen a number of changes that have altered the SEO landscape. One thing we have learned, is that in order to remain competitive in organic search is that you have had to adopt the mantra “Content is King.” While many digital marketing firms have adapted to this new world, writing fresh and unique content isn’t going to be enough.
Moving forward the focus needs to be not only optimizing your website and creating great content, but also tailoring it for different devices, especially mobile. BrightEdge recently revealed in their 2014 Mobile Share Report, that sixty-two percent of organic searches show different results depending on if the search was performed on a desktop or a mobile device. BrightEdge also discovered that brands that have misconfigured websites for mobile lost sixty-eight percent of smartphone traffic. Having an emphasis on optimizing your mobile website and mobile content will be more important as more consumers move to mobile queries.
According to a comScore Smartphone Subscriber Market Share for June 2014, over 170 million people in the U.S. own a smartphone. Mobile queries are becoming increasingly popular to the point where even Google’s Matt Cutts at Search Marketing Expo West said that he “wouldn’t be surprised” if mobile search exceeded desktop queries by the end of the year. With the future of search potentially moving towards being dominated by mobile queries, brands need to proactive and have a plan for creating quality content that is optimized for mobile devices.
There are plenty of steps you can take to help prepare for the increasing number of mobile queries. You should focus on making sure your website is optimized to create a great mobile experience for your mobile users. If consumers have a poor experience on your mobile site, they may not stay on your site very long and can lead to lower rankings on mobile search results. Have a discussion with your SEO and Content teams and decide what kind of content should be shown to your desktop or mobile consumers. Will the message you are trying to deliver need to be different? Mobile and desktop users will probably have different expectations depending on how they access your site, so discovering what is important to each type of user is important.
In order to remain competitive, creating engaging and unique content that your consumers will want to read will continue to be important. But making sure you are able to cater to desktop and mobile users will help you stay relevant in organic search and take advantage of the increasing number of smartphone traffic.
Search Optics is a leader in digital marketing solutions for the automotive industry. Search Optics' automotive marketing services include custom websites, search engine optimization, paid search and mobile solutions that generate leads which result in sales opportunities. Search Optics specializes in car dealer marketing and automotive SEO services. For more details, please visit www.searchoptics.com.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Q&a | Answering All The Faqs About Social Media Aggregators
Author: Alex Watts
2. Avail Internet Marketing Companies In Pune Services To Reach Your Online Business Objectives
3. On Facebook…and The Shifty Home-business Generation
Author: Hannah George
4. Local Seo In Waterloo Ontario - Sizing Up The Competition
Author: Nick Watson is the author of this article
5. 4 Trends In The Digital Marketing Sphere That Will Help You Generate More Sales
Author: Joseph Symons
6. Bulk Sms Reselling Business Oppurtunity – Smsjosh
7. Important Factors To Consider While Enlisting For Online Construction Directory
Author: John Tremblay
8. Custom Mobile Development For Businesses
Author: Paul Wright
9. Plug Your Business Into The Digital Age With 180 Fusion
10. Pay Per Click Management Service To Take Your Business To The Next Level
11. Pasadena Web Development
Author: web design pasadena
12. A Few Effective Tips To Ensure Best Operation Of Your Business Site
Author: Bit Zenith
13. 7 Ways Personal Reputation Management Services Help You Create A Strong Online Presence
Author: AKS Interactive
14. Email Automation An Effective Way For Engaging Customers
15. The Point To Point Guide To Boosting Your Google Rankings Without Getting Penalized