ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Hiring A Professional Roofer Is Very Important
Total Articles: 30
After the storm, you noticed that your roof was missing a few tiles and or shingles. Missing tiles and or shingles means the roof does not have all the protection that it should have. Maybe it is time for a new roof.
There are many offers for roofers in the local classifieds or Craig’s List etc. Whether jobs are quoted high or low, there are several critical things to know when hiring a roofer.
Anyone who does construction in or around your home needs to have Workers' Compensation insurance and a certificate to prove it. If a worker falls through a roof, steps on a nail or incurs any kind of injury while on your property, Workers' Compensation insures that the incident will be covered by the contractor's insurance, not yours. And depending on whether your home owner's insurance covers construction or not, your insurance may not pay any or all of the costs of the incident.
A licensed roofing contractor is licensed by your state. The reason contractors need to be licensed is to insure accountability for the job that they do. If the flashing in a valley of the roof is not correctly installed, and the roofing company does not want to return to correct the problem, a claim can be filed against their license and the state will hold the contractor responsible for correcting the problem.
There is no guarantee that someone who does not hold a valid license for roofing has completed the education and apprenticeship necessary to qualify for the state licensing so licensing is very important. You can check with your state's licensing board to see what claims have been filed against any contractor and how they were handled, too.
Never overlook recommendations from past customers. An up-front contractor will probably bring his portfolio with him when he comes to your home for a quote, or he may point you to his website to view some completed jobs. That portfolio will include past customers that have agreed to give him a recommendation, or he may give you a list of people to call about his work and standards. Some good quality roofing contractors have reviews on the web such as Angie’s list and Google. Always check the web for reviews and if the contractor gives you a list of customers to call, call them and ask them their opinion of the contractor you have in mind.
A good roof should last for at least twenty years, getting a new roof is not a small thing. Get a reliable and experienced contractor that offers a good guarantee for his work. He or she is worth every penny.
Dan Heaton Roofing Inc. offers the best & affordable Martin County Roofing & Martin County Roofing Contractors, roof repair, replacing, Treasure Coast roofing Services in St Lucie, Palm Beach City, Indian River, Okeechobee, Vero Beach, Stuart FL.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Choose The Best Window Blinds For Home Improvement
Author: Impress Blinds
2. Change Your Mattress With These Guidelines
3. How To Remove Old Wallpaper And Give A New Look To Your Home?
Author: Christine Delongte
4. Upgrade Your Bedroom Décor With Beautiful Handmade Decorative Items
5. How To Create The Ultimate Apartment
Author: Kevin Hawker
6. How To Find The Right Roofing Company And Roofing Contractor In Abbotsford?
Author: Kyrie Irving
7. 5 Benefits Of Routine Pool Maintenance
Author: Thomas Jackson
8. Expert En Remplacement De Thermos - Fenêtres Magiques
Author: Fenêtres Magiques
9. How To Choose The Best Deck Builder In Waterloo?
Author: James Kyle
10. Easy-to-follow End Of Tenancy Cleaning Tips
Author: Nick Koych
11. 5 Bohemian Style Wholesale Wall Decor Wholesale & Other Home Decor Products In Store That Can Inspir
Author: Martin Lobo
12. Enjoy The Several Benefits Of Steam Cleaning Your Rugs
Author: Nikolay Milchev
13. Checklist For Appointing The Best Roofing Contractor
Author: Kirt Linington
14. Important To Know These 10 Tips Before Buying A Cctv System For Your Home.
15. How To Have A Fast And Easy House Relocation To Bournemouth
Author: Stephanie Cooper