ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Ralspeed Mix In A New Industry Sector
Total Articles: 73
A few months ago, Ralspeed were contacted by specialist concrete supplier Wattsmix with a request to design, develop and manufacture a robust and comprehensive motor control system for a range of pumps and mixers. These elements form part of the manufacture and supply of the quality cement, screed and mortar storage silos for which Wattsmix are renowned.
Wattsmix is a highly-successful branch of the W. Clifford Watts group, which has been established for more than 70 years. The company began by supplying a range of aggregates and have now grown to be the leading supplier in Lincolnshire and Yorkshire, providing a range of concrete products including silos to a growing range of industrial applications. Wattsmix were recently in the news when one of their trucks was painted bright pink to promote an affiliation with the Breast Cancer Campaign; the company hopes to raise £10,000 in total for the charity and a donation will be added to the pot for each delivery the pink truck makes.
The silos manufactured by Wattsmix are supplied with a varied range of water pumps and mixers. To ensure these would perform to optimal capability in a variety of environments and with the most efficient use of energy, Ralspeed's Technical Director Simon Finlay visited the company's headquarters to discuss the unique requirements in detail and create the perfect bespoke solution.
Each unit required specific manufacture in order to fit onto the existing bracket on each silo. Ralspeed used a bespoke enclosure design which, manufactured in the local area, allowed for the production of six sample control panels painted in Wattsmix company colours and with clear branding. A truly heavy duty product designed to withstand even the harshest of weather, the control panels were fabricated with Zintex steel that is noted for its non-rusting qualities.
A unique problem that required solving was the fact that some sites where the silos are to be placed have three-phase 415v and single-phase 240v power supplies available. For convenience and cost-effectiveness, Wattsmix required that the same mixer/motor could be used for both of these applications. The comprehensive collection of Ralspeed variable speed drives allowed us to create two simple control panels which connect to the same silo equipment to suit both single- and three-phase sites.
Making the system as user-friendly as possible as the controls are usually operated by non-electrical staff. Designed to work effectively and efficiently with minimum operator input, our system featured simple plug-and-socket connections which do not require the skills of an electrician to maintain. Most controls are managed internally and all any operator needs to do is to simply set the required run time and press the start button.
Since the original enquiry from Wattsmix, Ralspeed have now produced 75 control panels for the company. We look forward to continuing to work with Wattsmix as they expand and evolve their business.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Iphone 7plus Repair Manchester
2. Try Energy Efficient Lighting For Commercial Buildings – Future Lighting System
Author: Abhi Sharma
3. Here's A Quick Way To Solve A Problem With Iphone Screen Replacement
Author: Zane Shoebridge
4. Rechargeable Led Road Flares – Durable And Reusable Smart Option
5. Car Door Projector - A New And Fashionable Additional Feature For The Car
6. Where To Find Your Lost Devices
Author: Ross Barkely
7. New Iphone 8 Leaks Features And Details
Author: Hours Tv
8. Htc Screen Repair Liverpool /htcrepairing.uk
9. Intelligent Transportation System (its) Market Is Estimated To Attain Usd 38.68 Billion By 2020
Author: Robyn Gom
10. Dell Laptop Repair London
11. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Screen Repair A Bhrideanach
12. Dell Service Centre Liverpool
13. Mobile Apps Safeguarding: Implementation Of Security In The App Development Procedure
Author: Deepanjan Goswami
14. Some Tips Regarding Commercial Structural Inspection In Fort Lauderdale
Author: Jayden Joshua
15. Embedded System Market Size To Exceed $214.39 Billion By 2020
Author: Robyn G