ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
Why Natural Handmade Soaps Are Good For Sensitive Skin
Total Articles: 8
Everyone has to wash, including people with sensitive skin. The problem is that people with sensitive skin can have excess damage caused to their skin by the products that are available for them to use. This can make washing, and even simply living, extremely uncomfortable for these people. Typical over the counter soaps contain a number of sulfates (including sodium lauryl sulfate [SLS]) which can cause problems in people with sensitive skin such as irritation, rash, dryness, itching, and some other (more rare) side effects.
The alternative is to simply switch from using typical commercial products to using some of the handmade options that are available on the market.
So what makes natural handmade soaps so different than commercial brands? Soaps that are handmade differ from traditional commercial soaps in a few fundamental ways. Here are just a few of the ways in which handmade soaps are better for sensitive skin:
• The natural products contained within these soaps have no added chemical ingredients, so they do not act in a harsh way to cleanse your skin.
• They contain enough glycerin to clean the skin but they do not have the added effect of drying the skin out.
• A rich lather is created in a natural way rather than reliance on SLS to create the lather.
• Glycerin is a natural byproduct of the creation of soaps and it has the effect of hydrating the skin. Typically, because of the high commercial value that has been placed on glycerin, companies will remove glycerin from the soap and sell it separately and insert less expensive (and more harsh) chemicals to the soap to achieve the same result.
• Handmade soaps have less alkali. Alkali can cause sensitive skin to have breakouts and to dry out, which can lead to a myriad of health problems.
Natural handmade soaps are also typically hypoallergenic. This is not because of any specific difference, but is likely a byproduct of the fact that they are made from natural ingredients and nothing extra is being added to the soap during the process of creation. Another added benefit of using handmade soaps are that they will typically last a bit longer than most other soaps and they will not turn into “goo” when they come into contact with water.
When you are looking for products to use on sensitive skin, natural handmade soaps are one of the best choices. The reasons for this are numerous, but the primary reason may be the fact that they do not contain many of the harsh sulfates which are contained in commercial soaps and can cause problems for people with sensitive skin. Using natural handmade soaps is the best solution for most people with sensitive skin. As always, it may be a good idea to consult a physician before switching any product that you use on a regular basis just to make sure you will not have any adverse reactions to it.
Beauty Articles1. Commerce Business In Digital World
Author: Commerce Business in Digital World
2. Some Nail Polish Mistakes You Need To Avoid
Author: Priyanshi Shaah
3. Remove Chin Hair Permanently
Author: Emily Limoges
4. The Best Nail Art In India By O2nails India
Author: shweta mishra
5. Utilize Beard Hair Transplants To Enhance Your Natural Look
Author: Most of the men are hiring beard transplant clinic
6. Ultrax Labs Hair Surge Hair Growth Shampoo
Author: kiran kumar
7. How To Protect Your Skin From Harmful Uv Rays
Author: Noah Collins
8. Looking For Clean And Smooth Under Arms Without Any In-grown Hairs?
9. Makeup Tricks And Tips For Different Eye Shape
Author: Mohini Singh
10. What Is An Organic Pigment For Cosmetics?
Author: Koel Colours
11. Get Rid Of Acne Scars Today
Author: Robin Gordon
12. Natural Herbal Beauty Products In Bangalore Has Become Easily Accessible
Author: radhika gupta
13. Best Anti Aging Night Creams For Women
Author: Donald Brontes
14. For Easy Shampoo And Rinse, Get Well-equipped Salon Shampoo Bowls
Author: Jonathan Wong
15. Place Foot Care Products Close At Hand, Use A Pedicure Trolley
Author: Jonathan Wong