ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
Why Natural Handmade Soaps Are Good For Sensitive Skin
Total Articles: 8
Everyone has to wash, including people with sensitive skin. The problem is that people with sensitive skin can have excess damage caused to their skin by the products that are available for them to use. This can make washing, and even simply living, extremely uncomfortable for these people. Typical over the counter soaps contain a number of sulfates (including sodium lauryl sulfate [SLS]) which can cause problems in people with sensitive skin such as irritation, rash, dryness, itching, and some other (more rare) side effects.
The alternative is to simply switch from using typical commercial products to using some of the handmade options that are available on the market.
So what makes natural handmade soaps so different than commercial brands? Soaps that are handmade differ from traditional commercial soaps in a few fundamental ways. Here are just a few of the ways in which handmade soaps are better for sensitive skin:
• The natural products contained within these soaps have no added chemical ingredients, so they do not act in a harsh way to cleanse your skin.
• They contain enough glycerin to clean the skin but they do not have the added effect of drying the skin out.
• A rich lather is created in a natural way rather than reliance on SLS to create the lather.
• Glycerin is a natural byproduct of the creation of soaps and it has the effect of hydrating the skin. Typically, because of the high commercial value that has been placed on glycerin, companies will remove glycerin from the soap and sell it separately and insert less expensive (and more harsh) chemicals to the soap to achieve the same result.
• Handmade soaps have less alkali. Alkali can cause sensitive skin to have breakouts and to dry out, which can lead to a myriad of health problems.
Natural handmade soaps are also typically hypoallergenic. This is not because of any specific difference, but is likely a byproduct of the fact that they are made from natural ingredients and nothing extra is being added to the soap during the process of creation. Another added benefit of using handmade soaps are that they will typically last a bit longer than most other soaps and they will not turn into “goo” when they come into contact with water.
When you are looking for products to use on sensitive skin, natural handmade soaps are one of the best choices. The reasons for this are numerous, but the primary reason may be the fact that they do not contain many of the harsh sulfates which are contained in commercial soaps and can cause problems for people with sensitive skin. Using natural handmade soaps is the best solution for most people with sensitive skin. As always, it may be a good idea to consult a physician before switching any product that you use on a regular basis just to make sure you will not have any adverse reactions to it.
Beauty Articles1. 3 Essential Healthy Hair Tips For Long Hair
2. Health The Benefits Of Yoni Massage
3. All About Acne And How To Prevent It
Author: Rutuja Gupta
4. Top Benefits Of Natural Facial Products
Author: David John
5. Will People Know I Had Hair Transplantation
6. Learning To Make Your Eyes Look Sparklingly Beautiful
7. The Major Causes Of Skin Ageing
Author: Pankaj Singhal
8. How To Choose The Right Natural Skin Care Products For Acne?
Author: David John
9. Lab-size Freeze Dryer – To Keep Food Nourishment
Author: Huang Qi
10. 3 Self-care Rituals That Are Easy - But Powerful
Author: David John
11. Lucintel: Global Polyurethane Tooling Board Market
Author: Roy Almaguer
12. Botox Treatment Dubai – Skin Care Dubai Also Shows A Great Faith In Such Treatment!
Author: Abharan Dari
13. How Can Bridal Makeup Transform You Into Stunning Beauty
Author: Pooja Goel
14. Promising Products For Your Skin Care Regime
15. Skin Specialist Dubai Can Handle Laser Treatment Dubai Properly!
Author: Kanika Gupta