ALL >> Business >> View Article
Water Jet Cutting - Accurate, Safe And Efficient
Total Articles: 73
The use of water jets at extremely high pressure for cutting materials is relatively modern, though its roots can be traced back to the middle of the 19th century when water was used for erosion processes in hydraulic mining. In 1933, a paper-cutting company based in Wisconsin used the first high-pressure water jets and the machines became popular around the world, though could only cut very soft materials. As time passed and the technology was improved, water jet cutting became more powerful and jets exerting up to 100,000 psi of pressure were produced, capable of cutting through stone.
Partwell Group have now fully installed a Twin Head Water Jet Cutter at our Lancashire premises which, used for the safe, fast and efficient cutting of a range of sheet materials, is capable of exerting 60,000 psi of pressure through its twin jets. The bed size of the machine is 300 cm x 150 cm and the powerful jets rapidly and accurately cut nested products from standard CAD-based files, creating a significantly lower amount of wastage than with more traditional cutting methods.
Water jet cutting allows the material to be cut and shaped to a very precise degree, by making tiny alterations to the size and shape of the jets’ nozzles. The process also means there is no risk of a HAZ (Heat Affected Zone), allowing the material to be formed without melting or otherwise altering its structure.
As well as causing a reduction in the amount of scrap material created, the water jet cutting system is also extremely environmentally friendly in that the water used is constantly recycled in a simple closed-loop system. Final waste water requires only a standard filter before being clean enough to drain and fewer airborne particles of dust are produced during cutting, improving operator safety.
Our precision-cut plastic parts and components are the choice of thousands of leading companies and organisations, from schools and catering establishments to scientific laboratories and aerospace engineers. As well as our quality cutting methods, we also supply a comprehensive collection of plastic sheet materials in all colours and types.
Find out more about the benefits of using water jet cutting technology online with Partwell.
Original story can be found online - Water Jet Cutting
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla