ALL » Legal >> View Article
What Does Workers’ Compensation Cover?By Expert Author: Robert F
Workers’ compensation is a form of liability insurance that is required by law of almost every type of business. With a few exceptions, an employer must have this insurance in place in case an employee becomes sick or injured due to negligent conditions at the workplace.
There are many stipulations that must be met in order for an employee to be able to put in a workers’ compensation claim. Many employees don’t want to put in a claim because they are afraid that when they return to work their employer will find a reason to terminate them. They are also afraid that when applying for a new job the new employer may be afraid to hire them because of the worker’s compensation claim. If you feel like you are a victim of harassment due to workers’ compensation you should seek legal advice immediately.
Workers’ compensation coverage will pay for medical expenses, lost wages, and rehabilitation services for employees who have legitimately been injured while at work through no fault of their own. Here is a breakdown as to exactly what workers’ compensation covers.
The main criteria for coverage of medical expenses by an employer are that the treatment has to be ordered to relieve pain and improve the health of the employee. In most cases the compensation insurance will cover the cost of diagnosing the illness or injuries (X-ray, MRI, etc.) as well as medications prescribe by a physician. Each state has its own stipulations so make sure to check exactly what is covered where you live.
Lost WagesYou can expect to receive about two-thirds of your regular paycheck while out on workers’ compensation leave. This may still affect the way you pay your bills as long as you are not receiving your entire paycheck. It will generally take about 14 days before you will start seeing any pay checks to replace your lost wages.
Rehabilitation services as regards to workers’ compensation are described as any service that is used to treat the employee so that he or she can return to their previous duties as an employee of the company. Rehabilitation could take months or even a few years depending on the level of injury to the employee.
If your condition has left you with a permanent disability, you may be entitled to benefits to cover you if you are unable to ever return to your previous position with the company. Workers’ compensation also covers death benefits to the family of the person who died as a result of the injuries.
Keep in mind that just because you may fall at work it does not mean you are eligible for workers ‘compensation benefits. You must prove that there was negligence involved and your case must be approved.
If you are unsure about what coverage you are entitled to you may want to consult an attorney. Most work on a contingency basis meaning you don’t have to pay them if they do not win your case.
Legal Articles1. Finish Your Property Related Work Fast With The Estate Lawyer Vancouver Services
Author: John Petter
2. Hiring An Attorney Lessens The Severe Penalties
Author: MICHAEL GREENBERG
3. Top Risks Associated With Ivc Filter Injury And How To Find Perfect Legal Help In Ft. Worth
Author: Nick Feizy
4. Aquel Alquiler Coche Alicante Se Agrupa Un Desperdiciamiento Topológico
Author: Katherina Soto
5. The Lemon Law
Author: Howard Gutman
6. Cuanto Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Zahoria Este Libertarismo Gesticulador
Author: Faith Real
7. Seat Belt Injury Law Firm – The Safety Purpose Of Seat Belts
8. El Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Desenlabona Ese Telonero Arbitrador Excepto Un Mecato Sangui
Author: Latia Gaunt
9. Best Interests Of The Child: What Guides Judges’ Decision-making
10. Forensic Document & Handwriting Examiner | James A. Green
Author: James A. Green
11. 7 Must Take Steps After Encountering A Catastrophic Auto Accident In Texas
12. Things To Know About Filing Personal Injury Claims
13. What Steps You Must Follow To File A Medical Negligence Claim
Author: Charlie Alcott
14. Is There Difficulty In Finding Answers To Your Carpet Cleaning?
Author: Helen Raley
15. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Are Experts In Dealing With All Types Of Criminal Cases