ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Four Osha Safety Sign Headers You Must Know!
Total Articles: 20
Accidents can strike anywhere, but more likely in places where hazards are ever present. Hence, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires the use of safety signs to warn workers about hazards in the workplace, more importantly in heavy-duty work zones such as mines and construction sites or where radio frequency energy may be present.
RF hazard “Notice” sign posted at entrance to a wireless site.
To ensure that the safety messages on these signs are effectively communicated – and to standardize warnings across all workplaces – OSHA mandates the use of the following safety headers:
• Danger – Danger sign headers are in red, black and white. The Danger header is probably the most serious header of all four because it warns workers of immediate hazards that can either kill or severely maim them. Some examples of signs that use this kind of a header include “Confined Space” signs or “High Voltage” warnings.Since this header is only used for safety signs that warn about the most hazardous situations in your facility, you must only use it as such to prevent diminishing the impact of the sign. After all, if your facility is peppered with Danger signs, then people might just get used to them and start ignoring them, which can be very dangerous.
• Warning – Warning sign header colors are orange and black. If you need to warn workers about perilous situations and a Danger sign is too severe, you can use a Warning sign instead. This header is designed for use on safety signs that notify people about situations that can result in severe injury or death.
• Caution – Caution sign headers are in yellow and black. If a Warning sign is still too severe, you can use a Caution sign instead. It is used for potentially hazardous situations that can either result in minor to moderate injury.
• Notice – Notice sign headers are white and blue. These headers are used for safety signs that are about general safety regulations in a facility, such as “Keep This Door Closed” or “Do Not Block Door.”
•Some safety signs may have the same messages but have different headers. One good example is the “No Smoking” Sign, which is available with either Danger or Notice headers. It all depends again on the situation you are going to use it for.
For example, a Danger “No Smoking” sign should be used when you need to ban smoking in an area near hazardous and highly flammable materials that can be easily ignited by a lit cigarette or even an ember. The Notice variant of this sign is good for use in an area that you just want to keep smoke-free. An example of such is a building lobby, where the reason for the sign is to keep the area free of cigarette smoke and the chances that the lit cigarette will burn something is substantially smaller.
An instance of a specialty sign use is to mark the several levels of hazard awareness around cellular and wireless sites. These requirements are best conveyed through tutorials. One can learn the proper use of RF hazard signage and safe RF work practices in the LBA University on-line OSHA RF Awareness course, for example.
Whatever the subject, apart from these standard headers, OSHA signs also have to conform to the ANSI Z535.2-2002 standards when it comes to the size of the sign and font type. Before buying anything, check these regulations outto ensure you’re buying the right OSHA- and ANSI-compliant safety sign for your facility.
LBA Group, Inc. has over 50 years of experience in providing worldwide RF asset solutions and electromagnetic energy risk management for industrial and telecommunications infrastructure. The group is comprised of LBA Technology, a leading manufacturer, distributor and integrator of radio frequency systems, lightning protection, and EMC equipment for broadcast, industrial, and government users; the professional technology consultancy Lawrence Behr Associates, and LBA University, providing on-site and online professional training. LBA has been recognized as an Inc5000 growth business, a Top50 diversity business in North Carolina and is a CMSDC certified Hispanic small business. The companies are based in Greenville, N.C., USA.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Xbox One S Repair Centre In The Uk
2. An Escape From Reality, The Way To Hone Up Your Leadership Skills
Author: Tyson Frank
3. Hp Chromebook Repair Uk
4. Check The Qualities Of The Technician When It Is About Repairing Your Phone
Author: Jason Bower
5. Huawei E5788 Vs E5787
6. Prototype Pcb Assembly | Quick Turn Pcb
7. Contract Management Software Is Making The Healthcare Industry More Responsive
Author: James Blake
8. Important Tips To Purchase An Analog Ptz Camera
9. Top Quality Replacement Parts For Your Iphone 7
Author: Darren Chappel
10. Global Electric Wheelchair Market Trend
11. Do You Know How To Repair Your Motorola Phone
Author: Motorola Repairer
12. How Blockchain Is A Great Opportunity For Developers?
Author: Amit Tiwari
13. Best Motorola Phone Repair Service Provider In The Uk
Author: Motorola Repairer
14. 10 Must Have Retail Features On Your Retail Pos Software
Author: Dhwani Khatri
15. Samsung Laptop Touch Screen Repair