ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Decorating North London
Total Articles: 280
When you decide to decorate the house the very next thing you do is choose paint. Most of the time we go for the same make as we previously used - providing that we are happy with it. But maybe it's worth to take a break and think about what paint you want to use. Nowadays Eco friendly paints are more and more popular and not only because of reducing the carbon footprint they leave behind. If you are committed to using truly Eco friendly paint and you actually do the research properly you will find that there are makes of paints that are as good as the solvent based ones.
Before deciding on the particular make we need to think what do we want - is it great color, durability, low or no VOC or organic/natural pints? If you opt for durability and ability to wipe walls clean then let's be honest you need solvent-based paint as any paint that's completely natural and Eco friendly won't hold as well as those with chemicals in it, having said that it still can be low in VOC so not so bad after all. It all depends on which paint you use.
If you want to paint a kid's bedroom and worry about VOC then opt for brands like Farrow & Ball as they meet Toy Safety Standards.
Now if you want ecologically friendly paint and don't really worry about how long it will last you have a vast range of brands to choose from starting from Farrow & Ball, Auro, Nature Paint, Nutshell to selected ranges of Dulux and many more.
One thing you need to remember is that since 2010 following new EU rules and regulations all paint companies significantly reduced VOC levels in their paints and therefore some of them claim they are Eco friendly. The truth is they are not! If they still contain VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) they are not Eco friendly.
After all we need to realize that Eco friendly paints are the future. Not only they reduce the smells thereof make the DIY experience more pleasant to us but they also reduce carbon footprint that we leave behind. Some paint companies go all the way on being Eco friendly and distribute their paints as powder. After all almost 70% of emulsion paints is water so what's the point in shipping that around the world? All you do is mix the paint with water at home.
One way of avoiding all the fuss is to make your decisions on paint wisely and consider all the options. Once you've done that find a good and reliable painter and decorator who is conscious of the environment and able to go trough all the pros and cons with you.
Sometimes we need to make hard decisions and compromises. If you have small kids and want to be closer to nature then opt for Eco friendly paints, However if you rather your house withstand knocks and years of kids being kids try using low VOC paint that aren't necessary solvent free as they will provide value for money.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. How Mcitp Training And Mysql Training Programs Can Create A Difference For You
2. Remote Access Quickbooks: More Freedom And Versatility To Handle Your Money
Author: Quickbooks Support
3. Smart Features That Make An Android Phone The Best Choice
Author: tanjni pache
4. Reliable Motorola Mobile Phone Repairs At Motorola Repairing Centre.
5. Iphone Screen Repair Centre In Stockport
6. Quick Samsung Galaxy S6 Repairs At Samsung Repairing
7. How Do Identify A Tech Support Scam And Avoid It?
Author: Online Remote PC Support Services
8. Tips To Fix Issues With Your Sony Playstation 4 Game Console
Author: Angel Smith
9. Single Sign On Solution
Author: Amit Sharma
10. Htc One M8 Screen Repair In Uk
11. Various Applications Of Led Display Systems For Different Industries/sectors
12. Benefits Of Modern Led Advertisement Display Or Light Boxes Systems
13. Why Full Color Transparent Led Display Has High Demand In The Industry
14. Mobile Led Display And Other Led Display Systems Have High Demand Today
15. Stay Ahead In Business Competition Via Indoor And Outdoor Led Display Systems