ALL >> Health >> View Article
Amazing Abortion Statistics That You Need To Know
Total Articles: 73
Pregnancy is a wonderful phase of life for any woman but many women have to undergo an abortion. Though many people are strictly against abortion, it is no longer considered a sin in today's world. Let's face it. Women do not only go for abortion by choice but also because of safety reasons. Quite often, they might need to take the decision because of a number of external factors.
If one has a look at the amazing abortion statistics, they will understand how many women are opting for it in today's world and what its true prevalence is. Let us take a look at the abortion statistics of different countries and some common statistics that everyone should know of.
· Around 1.06 million abortions were carried out in the year 2011 in the entire U.S. In the last 40 years from 1973 till 2013, U.S. has seen a whooping 53 million legal abortions according to the Guttmacher Institute (AGI).
· In the year 2011, the rate of abortion in Mississippi was as low as 3.8 abortions per 1,000 women between the ages of 16-44 while in New York it was as high as 28.6 abortions per 1,000 women in the same age range.
· When the entire country's abortion rates were compared, it was found that there has been a slight decrease in the abortion rates between the years 2000 and 2009 by 6 percent but in the year 2002 and 2006, there was an unusual increase in abortion rates. Also, abortion had reached its peak in the year 1990 but a slow decline was visible in the years after.
· The abortion rate in countries like Australia, New Zealand, Sweden and U.S. are quite similar to each other but when compared to other Western European Countries, it is much higher in percentage.
· Almost half the pregnancies amongst women in America were completely unintended and 4 out of such 10 pregnancies were terminated by abortion. Another study revealed that out of all the U.S. pregnancies in a given year, 21 percent of them ended in an abortion. This percentage excluded miscarriages.
With the advanced technologies and quick recovery, abortion has become a rapid procedure with the woman often returning to work in a few days time. These statistics prove that abortion has become quite common amongst women of all ages and class, and across different nations.
Are you looking for abortion? You can then visit http://www.womenscenter.com/ for more info.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe