ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Are You Getting The Correct Wooden Floors? Here Is Your Checklist...
Total Articles: 2
Having wooden floorings is one thing all of us want to increase the look and beauty of our homes. For the best and most creative and artistic solutions of floorings in Newcastle and Sunderland, all the service providers have a customised facility for your needs.
Wooden flooring is a skilled job. Hiring the ultimate experts for wooden flooring and Wood floor restoration in Sunderland will ensure that you have long lasting and beautiful wood floorings. With the use of modern technology, lying of the wooden base has become quite an easy and quick process.
Here is the list of questions you must ask yourself before making the decisions on wooden flooring and its type for your homes:
• What fits best for me?
There are a variety of things to consider before coming to a conclusion. You may primarily want to consider your budget and your lifestyle for going with the various types of wooden floorings available in the market.
• On which storey is the room located?
Check if the room is below grade, above grade or on grade. Solid hardwood cannot be installed on below grade rooms.
• What is the intention behind room?
Rooms that are subject to too much of moisture (e.g. bathrooms) are not suitable for installing the wooden floorings.
• Are you installing over-in base radiant heating?
It is not possible to install Solid hardwood over radiant heating. Check with your expert before finalising the type of wood.
• What will the traffic be like in that particular room?
If the room is expected to be full of a bigger amount of people, it should be floored with hard wood flooring solutions. Though, both hard and soft wood age in a gradual time and it depends on how the base are being maintained and taken care of, it is equally true that hard woods age slowly compared to soft wood.
• Are there children or pets in that room?
Choose a type of wood that is meant for long term because children and pets are hard on the grounds. The nails of the pets and toys of the children will harm the surface of the floors eventually. Take extra care to protect those surfaces in such cases.
• Is it a casual or a formal room?
There are more than one ‘feels’ that can be created for one single room. If it is a casual room, some hardwood base will be a good option for it; similarly if it is a formal room, ask your flooring installation expert accordingly. Two examples that display different styles are one that is smooth, elegant and other that is a hand scrapped and an antique look. This when combined with a stylish and a colourful look will enhance the appearance of your room.
• How much is the room getting exposed to sunlight?
If there are more than windows to a room, check if more than required sunlight is entering into the room. UV rays and many other sunlight rays are harmful for some varieties of woods in the floors. Look for UV coated flooring, or keep rotating the furniture and rugs to avoid maximum exposure of sunlight to only a particular part of the floor. Try and even out the process of exposure everywhere.
• How much do I need?
Deciding how much you need should be relatively easy now that you have answers to all the above questions. Measure the dimensions of the room. Always get 10% of more than required. This should take care of any wooden boards that get damaged during the transportation or installation procedure. It will also help you save some extra wooden planks for future repairs.
With the advancements in technology, wood floor restoration in Sunderland has become very accessible and effortless. ’ Northumberland Flooring Sanding’ is a Northumberland based organisation that provides services like flooring in Newcastle and Sunderland, installation, sanding, staining etc. They aim at serving their customers with great care and expertise and guarantee 100% customer satisfaction.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Have A Renovation Specialist In Place?
Author: Rex Paines
2. Ways How Unplanned Development Can Spoil Your Dream Home
Author: Charlotte Bennett
3. Reasons Why Most Of The People Find Building Maintenance So Difficult
Author: Matilda Wilson
4. Low-budget Interior Designers In Cochin, Kerala
5. Reasons Why House Painting Should Always Be Done By Professionals
Author: Tom A Hardy
6. Guidelines To Remember When You Hire Residential Carpenters In Sydney
Author: Aidan H Pound
7. Go Green With Organic And Innate Jute Bags
Author: Swayam India
8. Give Your House A New Lease Of Life With Exterior Painting Sydney
Author: Patrick Ryder
9. Can Your Structure's Paint Affect Its Power Performance?
Author: Top Coat Painters Adelaide
10. How To Reduce The Cost Of Your Professional Rug Cleaning
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi
11. Consider Scale When Planting A Trunk Fairy Garden
Author: Florence blum
12. Why Choose Palmetto For The Perfect Hot Tubs Shopping Experience?
13. Wall Protection From Water Becomes More Attractive With Glass Designing
Author: Chloe Kellaway
14. What's New In Miniature Gardening And Fairy Gardens?
Author: Florence Blum
15. The Building Inspections Have Proved To Be Advantageous While Buying A House
Author: Eric Peake