ALL » Sports >> View Article
Us Open 2015 Golf TournamentBy Expert Author: abagnale frank
The US Open is one of the most important golf events in the United States. It is staged by the USGA in mid-June and usually, the final round is always played on Father’s Day – on the third Sunday.
How can I qualify to play in the Us Open 2015 Tournament?
As long as you are a decent professional golfer or have a USGA handicap of 1.4 or lower (men only) then technically you can attempt to qualify. Obviously this does not mean you will get in, but it means you have a shot. The qualifying process goes something like this: Go on a local qualifier. Get high enough (not necessarily the first) and move on to the next elimination step – sectional qualifier. Again if you finish this high enough, you will be qualified. To enter the first phase of the selection process, you only need to complete a form and mail it, along with a fee. Make sure you read all the rules and terms before applying as there were several individuals who might have qualified but failed to complete these documents accordingly.
Besides this selection process there is also an automatic entry for golfers who match certain criteria:
• Winners of the last 10 US Open
• Winners of the last 5 Masters
• Winner and runner-up of last year’s US Amateur Championship (need to remain amateurs)
• Any golfer who has won 2 or more PGA Tour events in the calendar year preceding the US Open (2014)
• Top 50 players in the current year's Official World Golf Ranking as a cutoff point approximately four weeks prior to the U.S. Open.
Where will the US Open 2015 Golf Tournament be held?
In 2015, the tournament will be held in Chambers Bay, for the first time in its history, Chambers Bay will be hosting this event that is scheduled to start on June 15, 2015. The location is amazing as it offers unique challenges to golfers: high dunes, coastal winds, massive fairways and twisted undulating greens.
How do I get in to watch the US Open 2015 Golf Tournament?
Getting in is really easy, even if you’ve missed your chance at getting the tickets. There is a well-known secondary market that is guaranteed to have some. But to make sure you don’t miss your chance to watch, you can get them in time. Tickets for the US Open 2015 Golf Tournament are already available for purchase and you can order them now at MajorGolfTours.com.
Abagnale Frank is an avid sports lover and enjoys traveling a lot. He writes about his experiences and also shares informative stuff related to US Open 2015 Golf Tournament , sports and related events worldwide. His posts about Ryder cup 2014 travel packages are very popular amongst people who like sports.
Sports Articles1. Loafers For Women - Know How To Wear Them For The Best Effect
Author: Niklas Eriksson
2. Soccer Jerseys: Are You Choosing The Right One?
Author: Ahmed Minhas
3. Explore The Best Scuba Diving Sites In The Us Virgin Islands
Author: Christy Berry
4. Amazing Health Benefits Of Dragon Boating
Author: anil kumar
5. Bowling Jerseys - Bowlifi
Author: Matt Doyle
6. Cuando Alquiler Coches Baratos Alicante Macolla Este Sotayuda Alveolado
Author: Sonja Herring
7. If These 10 Reasons Don’t Make You Want To Buy An Inflatable Paddleboard, Nothing Will
Author: Hamish Hiles
8. Buying Guide: Get The Best Bicycle Pump From Online Store
Author: Michael James
9. Customized Cricket Uniforms: The Best Outfit For Your Winning Combination
Author: Formative Sports
10. How Fabric Plays A Crucial Role In The Designing Of The Basketball Uniforms
Author: Formative Sports
11. How Video Publishers Should Adopt Mobile Strategy
12. Dragon Boating Tips For Beginners
Author: Glowriya Walker
13. Guide To Fun And Affordable Road Trips
Author: RUSTY REX RALLIES
14. Soccer Betting Why Many Progressive Betting System Fail
15. Self Defense And Martial Arts - Tips For Choosing The Right Self-defense Instructor
Author: Mark Jamon