ALL >> Business >> View Article
Nomex Honeycomb Core And Carbon Fiber Prepreg: Top-quality Carbon Composites
Total Articles: 3
When we consider about technology, hardly can we imagine any science that has been left over by human race. Earlier, our requirements were limited as were our resources. But, now we need more and therefore have discovered or invented new resources. Synthetic fiber is invention of its kind, which has flooded whole world with its different variants. It has added value to various technologies and is considered to be one of the most versatile inventions of all time. Here, we take up two important variants namely – Nomex honeycomb core and carbon fiber prepreg, and both are very important in various industrial uses.
Before going any further, you need to understand that, both these materials are prepared with a scaled specification and it is better to have some handy information about it.
Nomex Honeycomb Core – A Short Overview
Nomex honeycomb core is widely used for aerospace and industrial purposes. This special material can be used at various places and therefore enjoys a good reputation in the industry. Nomex honeycomb core is successfully used in applications where high strength-to-weight aspects are considered to be very critical. The science behind preparation of honeycomb core is very critical; therefore we shall stick to basic points of discussion. Let’s see few key feature of this material:
• Strength to weight ratio is always very high in these materials due to its structural composition
• This material is highly resistant towards corrosion
• Nomex honeycomb are highly retarded to fire flames
• It also offers good thermal insulation
This material is very effective and efficient for places where high strength to weight ratio materials is required. In the honeycomb structure any material doesn’t touch complete surface of the side layering, however due to the structural composition – generally columnar or hexagonal, these materials has a very high strength to weight ratio, which is its most crucial feature.
Basically, honeycomb core is used in preparation of body in various transportation sectors. Here are few example of it:
• Aerospace industry
• High speed trains
• Shipping industries
• Racing boats
Carbon Fiber Prepreg – Material with Multiple Uses
Carbon fiber prepreg is a strong material, which are treated with epoxy resins and is used for various molding purposes. There are some very important uses of carbon fiber prepreg. We have chalked out few advantages and few scope of application of this material.
• Due to impregnation with epoxy resins during preparation, layup procedure of these materials is very easy and with little amount of expertise you can also do it yourself.
• Generally, most variants of these materials are of uniform size throughout and hence it’s easy to mould with this material.
• This material is highly resistant to temperature and ageing.
• Easy to transport, store and use in normal room temperature.
Scope of application:
This material is widely used in aerospace industry, preparation of fishing rods, tennis rackets, skate boards, automobile, yacht, ships and concrete reinforcement.
Both the above materials have great use and different applications and hence are very important.
Business Articles1. Information About The Materials That Used In Electric Bike
Author: Larry Bushart
2. Virtual Office In Switzerland – Breaking The Conventional Idea Of Office Space
Author: Mr Dimitri Rusca
3. An Idea About The Rising Damp Treatment
Author: George Dean
4. An End-to-end Retail Management Solution For Small/medium Retail Business
Author: Adam Smith
5. Virtual Office In Geneva – What Are The Advantages Of Having One
Author: Mr Dimitri Rusca
6. Get Excellent Cleaning Of Tiles With Tiling Work Dubai
7. About The Digital Marketing Solution Providers And Local Marketing Services At Cyber Flavors
Author: Unknown Member
8. Bike & Bicycle Shelters- Order For Installations
9. Servo Voltage Stabilizer - What It Is And Why Is It So Important?
Author: R. D. Electric Works
10. Living With Mould In Your Home
Author: Fred Lydick
11. Different Types Of Water Pumps And Their Uses
Author: Gbenga Kukler
12. Laser Cutting
Author: Emily Stone
13. Why Don’t More Agencies Have In-house Translators?
Author: Shreya Gupta
14. Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva
Author: Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva
15. L'entrepreneur Denis Vincent Et Son Histoire Génial De Succès
Author: Denis Vincent