ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Damp Proof Your Homes And Offices No
Total Articles: 73
The recent cold weather has led to a sharp increase in indoor temperature as people turn up the heating. This increased temperature leads to one of the most common causes of damp: condensation. Reducing the amount of condensation within a property is essential, preventing a multitude of problems before they can occur.
The air around is loaded with water vapour and the amount of vapour that can be contained is determined by temperature: the warmer the air the more vapour it can hold. Warm air circulates around the building and, where it meets cool surfaces such as windows or walls, condenses back into liquid water. This water then soaks into porous walls or woodwork, damaging the underlying structure while presenting the perfect environment for the growth of unhealthy and unsightly black mould.
Most water vapour comes from bathrooms and kitchens, where steam from cooking and bathing is common. It is important that such areas are closed off from the rest of the building by a door if possible and the room should be adequately ventilated in order to let overheated, vapour-laden air escape to be replaced by fresh. Drying laundry on radiators is common during periods of inclement weather and this is one of the biggest contributors of water vapour to the air: using radiators to dry laundry should be avoided though, if essential, the area should be well ventilated and connecting doors fully closed.
Twistfix are proud suppliers of a comprehensive range of condensation control solutions from the preventative to the restorative. From anti-condensation paint and mould removal kits to condensation control fans and heat recovery units, we provide products of the highest standard to our diverse and ever-growing customer base. Proper insulation is also important in reducing condensation. Our range of insulation systems, from Ecoflex to spray foam insulation, has been designed to offer the most professional results at the most competitive price.
Well-known as the middle of the 'condensation season', the winter months always create damp problems for unprepared home- and business-owners. The Twistfix array of condensation control solutions contains everything required to make any repairs and safeguard against further damage.
Home and Garden Articles1. Decorate Your Events With Orchid Flowers
2. Fire Extinguisher Servicing - Guidance On Maintenance Fire Fighting Equipment
3. What Fire Extinguisher Serving May Do For You
4. Fireplace Extinguisher Maintenance Is A Necessary Fire Security Measure
5. Get The New Look Kitchen Cabinet The Easiest Way
Author: David Richard
6. Best Tips For Plant Maintenance In Philadelphia During Wintertime
Author: Michele Sokoloff
7. How To Protect Garden Plants This Summer?
Author: BK Vijay
8. Advantages Of Hiring A Gardener Services
Author: Georgina L Allen
9. Factors Influencing The Price Of An Air Conditioner
Author: Priya Sharma
10. 6 Simple Mower Maintenance Tips
Author: Michael Foley
11. 5 Realistic Tips To Identify The Best Moving And Storage Companies
Author: Michael Holden
12. How To Hire One Of The Best Moving Companies In New York
Author: Michael Holden
13. Using The Whip Cream Dispenser For The Food To Be Tastier With Versatility
Author: Kathy Richy
14. Common Carpet Cleaning Mistakes, You Want To Avoid To Extend The Lifespan Of Your Carpet
Author: Nick Koych
15. Permit You To Experience Again The Special Features Of A Floors Service Provider
Author: Partha Goswami