ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Damp Proof Your Homes And Offices No
Total Articles: 73
The recent cold weather has led to a sharp increase in indoor temperature as people turn up the heating. This increased temperature leads to one of the most common causes of damp: condensation. Reducing the amount of condensation within a property is essential, preventing a multitude of problems before they can occur.
The air around is loaded with water vapour and the amount of vapour that can be contained is determined by temperature: the warmer the air the more vapour it can hold. Warm air circulates around the building and, where it meets cool surfaces such as windows or walls, condenses back into liquid water. This water then soaks into porous walls or woodwork, damaging the underlying structure while presenting the perfect environment for the growth of unhealthy and unsightly black mould.
Most water vapour comes from bathrooms and kitchens, where steam from cooking and bathing is common. It is important that such areas are closed off from the rest of the building by a door if possible and the room should be adequately ventilated in order to let overheated, vapour-laden air escape to be replaced by fresh. Drying laundry on radiators is common during periods of inclement weather and this is one of the biggest contributors of water vapour to the air: using radiators to dry laundry should be avoided though, if essential, the area should be well ventilated and connecting doors fully closed.
Twistfix are proud suppliers of a comprehensive range of condensation control solutions from the preventative to the restorative. From anti-condensation paint and mould removal kits to condensation control fans and heat recovery units, we provide products of the highest standard to our diverse and ever-growing customer base. Proper insulation is also important in reducing condensation. Our range of insulation systems, from Ecoflex to spray foam insulation, has been designed to offer the most professional results at the most competitive price.
Well-known as the middle of the 'condensation season', the winter months always create damp problems for unprepared home- and business-owners. The Twistfix array of condensation control solutions contains everything required to make any repairs and safeguard against further damage.
Home and Garden Articles1. 5 Essential Gardening Tips From Reliable Plant Expert In Uk
Author: Paul Gooderham
2. Air Duct Cleaning In Atlanta,conyers : Why Do I Need To Clean My Air Duct?
3. Apartments For Rent In The Northborough Area
Author: Sue Thornton
4. Hire End Of Lease Cleaning Perth To Get Back Your Full Bond Amount Return From The Landlord
5. Hiring A Professional Cleaner Will Be Beneficiary For You
Author: Monika Zuzanska
6. Facts For Getting A Cleaning Expert
Author: Monika Zuzanska
7. Things You Should Know Before Buying A Garage Door
Author: Kevin Bocchini
8. Has Your Carpet Suffered With Gravy Or Any Grease Stains? Tips To Remove Them…..
Author: Riley Evans
9. Things You Need To Know About Bee Removal
Author: Jeff Stanifer
10. Why To Hire Packers And Movers?
11. Cushion Covers Offer A Bright And Contrasting Look To Space
Author: Vedwati Maurya
12. Soundproof Windows Vs Secondary Glazing
Author: Hugo Carter
13. Eco-friendly Interior Designing
Author: Bric Group
14. Turn Your Bathroom Remodeling Dream Into Reality With Help From The Bathroom Remodel Specialist
15. Do's And Don'ts That Will Master Your Bathtub Remodel!