ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Jodhpur - Suncity Of Rajasthan
Total Articles: 1
Jodhpur is an historic city and the origin dates to the year 1459 AD when it was founded by Rao Jodha, the Rajput chieftan of the Rathores. The Rathore kingdom was also known as the Marwar and was the largest in Rajputana.Jodhpur is also known as the Blue City, an apt name as most houses in the old city are shades of blue. This is particularly noticeable on the north side of the town, known as Brahmpuri for the many Brahmins that live there.The city was located on the planned road linking Delhi to Gujarat which enabled it to profit from a prosperous trade in opium, copper, silk, sandals, date palms and coffee. Under the rule of Maharaja Umed Singh, Jodhpur grew into an excellent modern city. During the British Raj, the state of Jodhpur was, area-wise, the largest in Rajputana. Jodhpur thrived under the British Raj. Its merchants, the Marwaris, prospered endlessly. They came to occupy a leading position in trade all over India. In 1947 India became independent and the state merged into the union of India. Jodhpur became the second city of Rajasthan.The town is also recognized for various & very unique type of Industries. The major industries are sand stone,Emery stone,lime stone & other lime related minerals,wooden & bone handicrafts textile handicrafts & textile printing ( bandhej ) , mod- Turra & Rakhi manufacturing, traditional turban ( safa ) & sherwani manufacturing, spices, Red chili Guar Gum, steel re-rolling industries sand- shot blasting machine manufacturing and sweet & variety of industries makes a versatile industrial economic status of the town across the globe.This district comes under arid zone of the Rajasthan state. It covers 11.60% of total area of arid zone of the state.some of the area of great Indian desert THAR also comes with in the district . general slope of the terrain is towards west. Despite its arid climate jodhpur is blessed with a variety of flora and fauna. A survey conducted by district administration with the help of the Forest officials shows 162 flora and 144 fauna at Machia safari situated only 10 kms form jodhpur. Extreme of heat in summer and cold in winter is the characteristic of the desert. Jodhpur is no exception. The temperature varies form 49 degree in summer to 1 degree in winter. The sandstorm ( andhi ) spectacle for people form other region of india. The rainy days are limited to maximum 15 in a year. The average rainfall is 302 mm.
Travel Articles1. Best Hotel In Uganda
Author: Madian Binaisa
2. From Boston To Phoenix Charter Bus Makes A Great Gift For Those Attending Your Wedding!
Author: Hire Charter Bus
3. Hire A Personal Senior Driver Service In New York
Author: Robert Anhouse
4. Finding The Best Hotel Deals On Your Travels
Author: Manisha Nigam
5. Browse Your Options For Holiday Transportation With A Close Eye On Atlanta Car Service
6. Splendid Journey From Civitavecchia Port To Rome
Author: Angeli Buttone
7. Living In Style With Convenience
Author: Mahendra Shah
8. Book Kerala Backwater Holiday Packages For Family
9. Party As You Travel To The Party In San Antonio With Party Bus Rentals
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
10. Whale Watching Adventures In San Diego
11. What Makes Helicopter Tour In Nepal So Unique?
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
12. Nepal Is Much More Than Just Peak Climbing Adventure
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
13. De Verschillende Attracties Van Kerala!
Author: Nain Tara
14. Top 3 Mountain Peaks To Check Our During Your Expedition In Nepal
Author: Snowy Horizon
15. All About Fbo And Aircraft Handling Services
Author: Aviation Infrastructure