ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Ken Varey's 50 Now!
Total Articles: 73
Ken Varey’s Town and Country Wear will soon be celebrating its 50th anniversary, a milestone that has caused us to reflect on the past and the many significant events that have led us so far. Though the original Ken Varey has now retired, he has passed on his legacy of dedication to quality and all products sold under his name are still chosen for their impressive reputations.
Ken Varey made his name as a plumber, working for almost 20 years at the job in the Clitheroe area. He then opened a fishing tackle shop, that soon also began to stock a range of quality shooting equipment and outdoor clothing, in Clitheroe’s popular King Street, which was open for the following 9 years. After much success, the premises moved to a larger site to accommodate increasing demand, selling a range of outdoor clothing and accessories.
With so much hard work under his belt, Ken decided to retire at the grand old age of 63, stating quite bluntly that it was “too much hassle to run the shop”. After carefully selecting among the various bidders for the highly-successful business, Ken chose the Horkin Group, comprising over 50 staff members and headed by Cllr Kevin Horkin, as the successor to the business.
Kevin Horkin has always been of a business mind, starting his career at the age of 17 by opening a successful market stall in Accrington selling costume jewellery. Full of energy, Kevin simultaneously sold alarm systems door-to-door before heading to a local bar to serve drinks until the early hours. In 1983, Kevin opened the ‘Eye Shop’, his self-conceived idea that offered a selection of ready-made reading glasses, a highly-controversial item at the time due to UK law. Happily, he successfully challenged the law and a new world of vision was opened to thousands of people.
Now bringing his unique talent to Ken Varey’s Town and Country Wear, Kevin Horkin has welcomed many distinguished guests to our stores. most distinguished of all are several members of the Royal Family, who often drop in on one of their visits to the estate of the Duke of Westminster, which is located in the beautiful Hodder Valley. One of the family (though we are tantalisingly not allowed to say which!), said that Ken Varey’s is their favourite shop in the Ribble Valley!
Country clothing | Ken Varey's Country Clothing
Original story can be found online - Ken Varey's Country Clothing - 50 Years and a Royal Seal of Approval
Fashion/Costume Articles1. What Makes Mens Diamond Rings So Special?
Author: melrissa rose
2. Layer Up Your Attire With A Burberry Scarf!
3. Find Out 5 Most Likable Gift Items For Women
Author: Hugo McCoy
4. Kalamkari And Ikat! What The Past Has Given The World
5. How Your Wardrobe Changes After Being A Dad?
Author: Intymen Store
6. Some Tips To Be Successful When Purchasing Handbags Online
Author: Sanjay Saha
7. Elegant Cheap Formal Dresses Online For A Variety Of Shapes And Sizes
Author: Jane Foster
8. Van Cleef & Arpels Ballerina Brooch Auction
9. Pull Off Your Look With Personalized T-shirts
Author: Denesh Yadav
10. Customized Wedding Jewelry Has Begun To Fire More And More
11. What Features To Look For While Purchasing The Men’s Watches From Luxury-cs?
Author: Kally Nelson
12. Various Type Of Ladies Handbags To Consider
Author: Yoursuper Buy
13. How To Select The Silver Necklace For Women?
Author: Your Super Buy
14. A Brief Talk On The Mystery Of Cartier 's Advanced Jewelry
15. Cartier Four Classic Wedding Ring To Let Love Forever Spread