ALL >> Health >> View Article
Dental Implants - From Ancient To Modern
Total Articles: 73
Dental implants hit the headlines recently with a remarkable discovery at an archaeological dig in La Chêne, France. The dig, at an ancient Celtic burial site dating back to the third century B.C., uncovered a skeleton with clear signs that a dental implant operation had been carried out.
The skeleton discovered in the Iron Age tomb was that of a woman who was estimated to be between 20 and 30 years old at the time of her death. Thought to be a high-ranking member of her tribe due to the skeleton’s fine dress, which included a brooch-festooned bronze belt, jewellery and iron shears used for cutting hair, the woman almost certainly opted for dental implant surgery to improve her appearance, according to archaeologist Guillaume Seguin. Speaking to leading online journal Live Science, Seguin said that “...the replaced tooth is a central maxillary incisor (known simply as the ‘front teeth’) so there, the intention was probably aesthetic".
Other than the damaged tooth, which is suspected to have been caused by a heavy blow to the face, the teeth of the skeleton were in remarkably good condition, showing no evidence of tartar buildup, enamel erosion or cavities. The dental implant, a simple iron pin onto which a replacement tooth would have been affixed, would have been surgically installed while the woman was conscious and it is likely that she would have been given aspirin from the medicinal weeping willow plant.
Of course, dental implant technology has come a long way since then! Ewood Dental offer complete, bespoke dental implant solutions designed to improve the appearance of your teeth and restore your confidence in your smile. From your very first appointment, you will be placed into the hands of our specialist dental team who have successfully installed thousands of dental implants. All procedures and options will be fully and clearly explained, allowing you to relax as your new and improved smile is expertly created.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe