ALL >> Health >> View Article
Dental Implants - From Ancient To Modern
Total Articles: 73
Dental implants hit the headlines recently with a remarkable discovery at an archaeological dig in La Chêne, France. The dig, at an ancient Celtic burial site dating back to the third century B.C., uncovered a skeleton with clear signs that a dental implant operation had been carried out.
The skeleton discovered in the Iron Age tomb was that of a woman who was estimated to be between 20 and 30 years old at the time of her death. Thought to be a high-ranking member of her tribe due to the skeleton’s fine dress, which included a brooch-festooned bronze belt, jewellery and iron shears used for cutting hair, the woman almost certainly opted for dental implant surgery to improve her appearance, according to archaeologist Guillaume Seguin. Speaking to leading online journal Live Science, Seguin said that “...the replaced tooth is a central maxillary incisor (known simply as the ‘front teeth’) so there, the intention was probably aesthetic".
Other than the damaged tooth, which is suspected to have been caused by a heavy blow to the face, the teeth of the skeleton were in remarkably good condition, showing no evidence of tartar buildup, enamel erosion or cavities. The dental implant, a simple iron pin onto which a replacement tooth would have been affixed, would have been surgically installed while the woman was conscious and it is likely that she would have been given aspirin from the medicinal weeping willow plant.
Of course, dental implant technology has come a long way since then! Ewood Dental offer complete, bespoke dental implant solutions designed to improve the appearance of your teeth and restore your confidence in your smile. From your very first appointment, you will be placed into the hands of our specialist dental team who have successfully installed thousands of dental implants. All procedures and options will be fully and clearly explained, allowing you to relax as your new and improved smile is expertly created.
Health Articles1. Must Ask Questions When Meeting A Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Natural Skincare And Beauty Supplements For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
3. What To Look For A Dentist?
Author: Donnell Nash
4. Can Bpas Damage A Healthy Member?
Author: John Dugan
5. Sticking To Healthy Habits With The Help Of Yoga
Author: Gary Martin
6. Raise Your Efforts With Weight Gainer Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
7. Signs To Look Out For If You Have A Prolapsed Uterus
Author: Kalptaru Herbal Therapy Centre
8. A Glass Of Milk A Day Keeps Doctor Away
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
9. The Hearing Aids Siemens Are Available In Best Quality And Price To Restore Your Hearing Ability
10. Superfood Supplements- For All Your Nutrition Needs
Author: Shashi Kant Shukla
11. Dental Hygiene Information You Won't Locate In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
12. Getting Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
13. Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For Adults?
Author: James Franklin
14. 1st Global Community Of Indian Clinicians - Docstop
Author: Vijay Lokhande
15. Hypothyroidism Rampant In India - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta Sekhawat