ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Best Sights To See In Korea’s Dmz Tour
Total Articles: 4
The Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) is the land that separates South and North Korea. Many of the areas here are usually deserted and civilians are not allowed to enter. And because of this the land here is very beautiful, unadulterated and the natural environment is maintained. However there are a few DMZ tours that are conduced where the common man can visit some of these places. They are-
Joint Security Area
This area which is also called the “Truce Village” was initially the only area which connected the North and South Korea. This is also the only place where people from both the countries face each other. United Service Organization (USO) conducts tours to this region. It is estimated that more than 100,000 people visit this area to learn about its significance in relation to the South and North Korea divide. USO’s tour also gives sight to the location where the Korean Armistice Agreement was negotiated and signed in 1953.
Bridge of No Return
A major highlight of the USO’s DMZ tour is the Bridge of No Return. It is also located in the Joint Security Area. The name is said to have originated because many of the soldiers who were caught in previous years did not wish to return home even though the opportunity to do so was given them. It is said that captive soldiers are given a choice to return to their home country or live and die in their captive country. Whatever be the decision there was no return once the decision was made.
Third Tunnel of Aggression
This tunnel which lies 73 meters below the ground was built by North Korea and was discovered as late as 1978. It is located as closely as 44 kms from South Korea’s national capital- Seoul and is said to be able to accommodate as much as 30,000 people at any given time. 4 such tunnels have been discovered and this is also part of USO’s DMZ tour.
A must visit sight when on a DMZ tour is the Dora Observatory which is on top of the Dorasan mountain. It is located in the DMZ and is the closest point to North Korea. When on an USO’s tour you can see North Korea over the horizon through the binoculars kept here. Most South Korean families who have lost their families or relatives to the north often come here to get a glimpse of this country that they were in war with.
Travel Articles1. Numerous Benefits Of Hiring Dfw Airport Taxi Or Shuttle Service In Texas!
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Guided Tours To The Magical Hobbiton From Tauranga
Author: Roger Simister
3. How To Enjoy Great Facilities With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
4. Stylish Rides And Low Prices With Limousine Washington Dc
Author: Stylish rides and low prices with Limousine Washin
5. Plan Your Vacation To Luton Airport- Hire Great Britain Cars
Author: jack pero
6. Rajasthan’s Top Tourist Attractions To Visit In Summer Season
Author: Swati Jain
7. Travel The Unforgettable Experience Of Africa’s Amazing Botswana And Serengeti Balloon Safaris
Author: Ombeni African Safari
8. Top Places That Compel A Solo Explorer To Travel In India
Author: Aura Voyages
9. Latin America Tourism Is Booming And Tour Operator Offers The Best Advice To Get The Most Of It!
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Book Your Hoi An Hotel From Us
Author: Ms. Emma Tran
11. Enjoy A Variety Of Benefits With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. 4 Things That You Can Only Buy In Turkey
13. Get Married In San Antonio With A Wedding Party Bus San Antonio
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
14. 3 Quirkiest Bars In Melbourne That Are Straight Out Of Your Dreams
15. Wedding Guest Transportation In Phoenix Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus