ALL >> Computers >> View Article
What Is Vcd-macgo Vcd Player?
Total Articles: 39
VCD stands for Video Compact Disc, also called Video CD; it’s basically a CD that contains moving pictures and sound. A VCD is capable of holding up to 74/80 minutes on 650MB/700MB CDs respectively of full-motion video along with quality stereo sound. VCDs use a compression standard called MPEG to store video and audio. They can be played on almost all standalone DVD Players and all computers with a DVD-ROM or CD-ROM drive with the help of a software based decoder / player. The quality of a very good VCD is about the same as a VHS tape based movie while VCD is usually a bit more blurry.
VCD was introduced in 1993 by JVC, Philips, SONY and Matsushita and is described in detail in the White Book specifications. Video data is demanding in terms of storage capacity; it requires approximately 5 MB of storage per second of video, which would translate to about two minutes of video on a 680 MB CD. In order to store video information on a CD in a practical fashion, the data must be compressed for storage and then decompressed for replay in real time. MPEG-1 compresses data at ratios of up to 200:1. MPEG is an international standard, and can be used by any manufacturer to create hardware for use with MPEG video. MPEG video can also be recorded on any CD. VCD formatting removes unnecessary information from MPEG-1 data, and adds specialized video authoring capabilities through inclusion of a CD-i (CD- Interactive) runtime application.
1. VCD 2.0, which was introduced in 1995 and adds hi-resolution stills, fast-forward, and rewind functions to the original specifications.
2. VCD-ROM, introduced in 1997 and enables the creation of hybrid VCD/CD-ROM disc.
3. VCD-Internet, which was introduced in 1997 and is a standardized means of linking video and Internet data.
4. SuperVCD, which uses either high bit rate MPEG-1 or variable bit rate MPEG-2 for the use of CD-R drives instead of DVD drives.
Hardware and software support
Video CDs are not popular in the US, Canada and Europe, so its support is limited among mainstream software. Windows Media Player prior to version 9 and QuickTime Player do not support playing VCD directly, though they can play the .DAT files (stored under \MPEGAV for video and audio data) reliably, and plugins were available. Windows Vista added native support of VCD along with DVD-Video and can launch the preferred application upon insertion. The disc format is also supported using Windows Media Player Classic variations and VLC Media Player both support VCDs natively.
Direct access playback support is available within Windows XP MCE, Windows Vista, Windows 7, BSD, Mac OS, Linux, and Darwin, among others, either directly or with updates and compatible software.
Disc playback is also available both natively and as an option on some CD- and DVD-based video game consoles, including PC-FX, Sega Saturn (pictured right), Sega Dreamcast, and Sony PlayStation.
Most DVD players are compatible with VCDs, and VCD-only players are available throughout Asia, and online through many shopping sites. Some Blu-ray and HD-DVD players also retain support, as do CBHD players as well.
Macgo International Limited was founded in 2008; they have over ten years of experience in DVD Blu-ray video and have developed many DVD Blu-ray video tools with advanced technology. In the past ten years, Macgo has established itself as the innovative leader in video DVD Blu-ray technology by pioneering more performance enhancing technology.
Macgo International Limited offers the first and best Mac Blu-ray Player, Windows Blu-ray Player Software, Mac Media Player, and a series of iPhone tools for users, such as iPhone Cleaner for Mac, Mac iPhone Data Recovery, iPhone Explorer for mac. Macgo is devoted to provide the most wonderful blu-ray experience and to optimize iSO devices for users.
Computers Articles1. Mcafee Activate
Author: alex jhones
2. Why Moving Software Had Been So Popular Till Now?
Author: sawati rawat
3. Make Complex Information Eye-catching With Infographic Designer
4. How To View Yahoo Messenger Conversation History
Author: Yahoo Support Number
5. How To Configure Yahoo Mail In Outlook?
Author: Yahoo Support Phone Number
6. How To Troubleshoot Printer Problems
Author: Hp Printer Support, Hp Printer Technical Support,
7. How Does Co2 Laser For Acrylic Work In Engraving Beautiful Designs
Author: Rob Hibbs
8. Scada System For Pc Touch Screen – Can Be The Most Productive Combination!
Author: Archer Finch
9. Free Scada – Scada Software That Connect With More Devices!
Author: Archer Finch
10. Give A Good Kick Start To Your Busy Day With 3d Printers Machine
11. Codefire Coming Up With Beneficial Mobile App Development Services
Author: Amitesh Kumar
12. Microsoft Products Are Compatible With Windows Operating Systems As Well Mac
Author: Robin Ponting
13. Laptop Screen Repair Centre Glasgow – Laptop Repairer
Author: laptop screen repair glasgow,
14. Manage Project Efficiently With Online Project Management Tools
15. Create Your Smart Address On Map Directions Google To Simply Finding Your Address