ALL >> Family >> View Article
Pet Matchmaking: Does It Work?
Total Articles: 3
Matchmaking has finally taken the animal and our world by storm and has successfully revolutionized the face of pet adoption. Pet matchmaking has come a long way to ensure that the relationships last and the adopted pets do not get returned. You must have read tens of articles focusing the need to adopt the right pets so that your lifestyles fit. In fact, a pre-adoption preparation is your best bet but only after you have gone through the process of pet-matchmaking.
The problem people face is that they fall for the first doe-eyed cat/ dog or any other pet they encounter or whatever fulfills their criteria of “adorable”. However, this is where the trouble starts to surface because not all pets will fill your lifestyle. Size, age, type and temperament should be given due considerations before adopting. And if these factors are not weighed properly, very often the pets wind up back in the shelter home. To end this saga of this sad tale, a new adoption model is surfacing with a simple but powerful promise that matches the dog’s personality with the owner’s. Doing this automatically reduces the odds of being returned to the shelter home ensuring a long-lasting relationship.
Pet Matchmaking Programs
Some adoption organizations like the ASPCA employ pet-people matchmaking techniques. But what has many people baffled is the efficiency of such programs and the question if these programs really work? There are other important parameters too like: Was your family screened before adopting a pet? Are you too old to adopt?
You may think these are insignificant details but the truth is- these little details matter and will contribute in establishing a long and healthy relationship. Not only the age of the pet, but the age of the owner matters too. But if you are looking for the “Too old” answer in general then let us just say that it varies from case to case. A 70 year old man who wants to adopt a 1 year old cat or dog will have to consider various factors, the age being most important. In this case, the human may die first or if he enters assisted or nursing care, who looks after the pet? Have any provisions been made? Is any family member or friend willing to take responsibility? Age is not the only factor that goes into making pre-adoption preparations. There are various factors to take note of including lifestyle.
The Power of Matchmaking
Focusing on personality over looks isn’t a new concept, though it does get sidelined while adopting. Good animal shelters and humane organizations require perspective owners to go through qualifying process which can be pretty lengthy. They do not stop there and will go great lengths to provide you the necessary information about the personality, behavior and quirks of the pet you are interested in adopting.
Across the country this new and systematic pet matchmaking system is being introduced in various shelters and rescues and this has already started working towards reducing the return rate and ensuring a lasting and healthy relationship.
Family Articles1. How To Spend A Day With Your Family At The Beach?
2. Using Benefits Of Humidifier For Babies
Author: Syed tutul
3. Avail Respite Care Sunshine Coast To Take A Break From Your Elderly Care
4. Simple Bits Of Advice On Assisted Living
Author: Nora Fatehi
5. The Aged Care Sunshine Coast Services Offer Quality Lifestyle For The Elderly
6. The 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Home Care Programs For The Elderly
7. Hire Reliable And Capable Live In Caregiver Through A Professional Agency
8. Professional Agency For Nannies Or Caregivers: How They Can Help You
9. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Appointing A Live-in Caregiver
10. Baby Gears: Recommendations For Rookies
Author: Bob Smith
11. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Allows Family Careers To Take A Break From Elderly Care
12. Tips To Care Your Newborn Babys
Author: ashutosh Ashu
13. Relationship Compatibility – Harmony Is So Very Important
Author: Rose Caiola
14. Shopping For Your Kitty? Avoid These Mistakes
Author: Emma B
15. Top 10 - Family Friendly Holidays In Slovenia
Author: Jacob Barry