ALL >> Health >> View Article
Total Articles: 1
Small business owners have very stressful careers. They pour their hearts, souls and money into building a business that is profitable. They spend countless hours advertising for the business, ordering inventory, making customers happy and trying to grow their businesses. Because so much is at stake, all small business owners should require each employee to take a drug test.
Interacting with Employees
It is important for all employees who will interact with customers to take drug tests. This is because customer service is so important. If a customer is treated rudely or unfairly, that customer will not come back. That customer will also ruin the business's reputation by telling everyone not to shop there. Employees who use drugs may go to work under the influence, which will affect the way they treat and deal with customers. If customers realize that the employee is under the influence of drugs while at work, they will quit patronizing the business and think negatively about the owner of the establishment.
The Safety Aspect
Employees who use drugs and work while they are under the influence put their own safety and the safety of everyone else around them at risk. Since using drugs can cause people to make poor decisions, employees might take risks they wouldn't otherwise take. A business owner could lose his business if a customer got hurt and sued him or if an employee got hurt and sued him. Just imagine a careless, high employee who climbed too high on a ladder to reach something. If that ladder fell, it could injure the employee, the customers and even damage store property. It is too risky to have drug users in the business.
Many small business owners hire drivers to deliver merchandise to customers or to pick up inventory from the warehouse. All drivers should undergo drug tests to make sure they are clean. If one of the drivers has an accident while driving the company car under the influence of drugs, it could bankrupt the business. The business owner could be responsible for the damages.
Random Drug Tests
Many small business owners only ask their employees to take drug tests when they are hired. However, it is a good idea to also ask employees to randomly submit to drug tests. Any employee who cannot pass a drug test should be fired immediately. Any employee who refuses to take a drug test should also be fired. Once word gets around that a particular business owner will not hire drug users, they typically quit applying for jobs with that business.
A small business owner has a lot to protect. Drug tests should be mandatory for all employees to protect the business owner. Visit at drugtestkits for more info.
Health Articles1. Male Organ Pain: Are Barrier Protections To Blame?
Author: John Dugan
2. Know About The Key Responsibilities Of A Healthcare Support Worker
Author: Paige Rees
3. Smilex - The Place For Getting The Best Solution For Dental Issues
Author: Mohan Kumar
4. The Easiest Guide Ever To Get Fit & Healthy
5. Span Sure Medical Instruments Pvt. Ltd., Korea Automatic Thermal Massage Bed - Suppliers
Author: spansure medical
6. Midwives Acquire Nursing And Midwifery Programs To Fulfill Big Responsibilities
7. Specialties And Steps Involved In Elective Abroad Medical And Pre Medical Programs
8. Clinically Proven Solutions For Hairloss!!! Unfortunately Less Known!!!
9. How To Treat Gum Disease?
Author: Chris Hugh
10. Ways To Find The Best Chiropody Clinic
Author: The Harley Medical Foot and Nail Laser Clinic Lond
11. How A Good Parent Helps A Childcare Western Sydney
Author: Colleen Grenville
12. Top 30 Signs And Symptoms Of Adrenal Fatigue
Author: Peter Dobie
13. Male Organ Pain After Oral Sensual Activity: Urethritis?
Author: John Dugan
14. The Growing Relevance Of Mobile Massage Services In Albuquerque
Author: Bernadette Gongora
15. Now Natural Cure For Diabetes Is In Your Fingertips
Author: Salveo Life Sciences Limited