ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Religious Sites Of Singapore
Total Articles: 400
Singapore is known for its freedom of religion. With the constitutional support, several religions and their sacred places of worship thrive in this small and wonderful country. However, when you visit Singapore on a travel package, there are few exciting shrines you must visit. The awareness and aura of these shrines heightens your spiritual experience too. Though, that is not necessarily a goal of Singapore holiday package, some places of worship in Singapore do have high spiritual and religious quotient indeed.
Buddha tooth relic temple & museum:
Located in the heart of Chinatown, this temple is considered sacred and holds a lot of emotional value for devotees. However, this is well loved and revered temple among tourists of all religions too. The architecture of temple, sacred tooth relic chamber on 4th floor, gold stupa, roof garden and Buddhist culture museum on 3rd floor convey heart-warming story of Lord Buddha and his teachings. This is the unique kind of experience that makes it a must-visit travel destination in Singapore holiday package. Agreeably, it is not fun like night safari, but it is an unravelling experience too.
This is the first mosque built in Singapore, by 1826 but the version you see today was completed in 1928. This national monument and local landmark has the largest prayer hall that can accommodate more than 5000 Islamic devotees. However, if you want to enter the premises as tourist, then you will need to adhere to strict dress code of the place. This is not a most common travel attraction for most Singapore holiday packages. However, it is a charming and deeply spiritual shrine indeed.
Sri Thandayuthapani Temple:
This temple is also known as Sri Thendayuthapani Temple or Chettiar Hindu Temple. Chettiars were wealthy lenders and early property owners in Singapore. They constructed the original temple in1860. But, it has been renovated and enhanced over period of time. This massive and grand temple in Singapore has rosewood floors, and several stunning sculptures. But the presiding deity of this temple is Lord Thendayuthapani or Lord Murugan. With the deep-felt spiritual vibe, this temple remains a well visited by locals and visitors.
You can avail a tailor made Singapore holiday package and choose to visit the shrines you truly revere. Singapore has shines of Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Taoism, Jainism, Sikhism, Confucianism and more. It can really accelerate your spiritual experience of Singapore indeed. So, make most of your travel package and visit the shines you want to explore rather than the ones on standard vacation itinerary.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent cultural traveller and finds best deals on domestic and international travel packages to pursue his passion. He recently explored Singapore holiday package from Cox & Kings and his albums are replete with photos of Singapore shrines.
Travel Articles1. Spectacular Engagement Celebration With Party Buses For Rent
Author: David WILSON
2. Reaching Honeymoon Status With Town Car Service Washington Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Yacht Charter In Greece Bid The Best Luxury Option For Corporate Event And Client Entertainment
Author: George Iatridis
4. Hue Day Trips- A Nice Option To Discover The Beautiful Country Of Vietnam
Author: Le Xuan Son
5. Follow These 7 Tips To Become A Smart Traveler For The Next Trip!
Author: Manisha Nigam
6. Think Less And Travel More And Get Rid Of Routine-bound Life
Author: John Watson
7. 6 Must Visit Temples Of Mysore For Religious Tourists
Author: Manisha Nigam
8. El Salvador Tourist Visa For Indian Citizen
9. Why Egypt Tour Packages Will Make You Go Wow
Author: Ayad Mohamed
10. Remember Your Wedding Well With Car Service In Houston
Author: Remember Your Wedding Well with Car Service in Hou
11. Exploring Historical Points Of Rajasthan With Udaipur Taxi Online
Author: bheru lal
12. What Can Teens Do In A Denver Party Bus On Prom Night?
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
13. Diverse Honeymoon Travel With A Wedding Or Prom Limo Rental Pittsburgh
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
14. Experience A Wedding Limousine Rental In Atlanta And All Of The Advantages From It
Author: JOHN WICK
15. 6 Places You Must Explore During Your Tenerife Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe