ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Top 3 Mistakes To Avoid When Painting Your Toronto Home
Total Articles: 2
If you have decided to embark on a do-it-yourself (DIY) paint job, there are a few things that you should keep in mind and certain mistakes that you should avoid. Many experts recommend hiring professional house painters in Toronto if you are looking at an extensive job. However, if you are looking to do it on your own, look to avoid the following.
Choosing a paint because it’s expensive/cheap
The adage, “You get what you pay for” holds true in a lot of situations, but sometimes high cost doesn’t guarantee high quality. When you shop around for the right paint, don’t make a decision on price and price alone. Salesmen at paint outlets in Toronto will try to convince you to settle for a paint that’s priced higher than other paint varieties, but as a consumer, it’s your responsibility to diligently research the right paint for your project.
Choosing the least expensive paint is another mistake that many people make. While, it’s only natural that you want to save up on your paint job, you should also take into account the quality of finish you’ll get with an ordinary paint.
Most painting experts recommend doing thorough research before choosing a paint. There are a number of websites where you will find reviews and feedback about a paint and you can use that to your advantage. For a DIY project, most experts recommend sticking to reputable brands.
Not testing the color before embarking on the job
Most paint companies provide sample cans and testers so that people can gauge whether the color complements their rooms. However, many homeowners start painting their home without using testing how the finished product will look in their space. The result is that many homeowners are not happy with their DIY project upon completion of the job. To ensure you don’t make the same mistake, make use of the test kits before you start painting the home red!
Painting without preparing/repairing the surface
If you are thinking that a paint job is a panacea that will cure all those holes and cracks in your wall, chances are you might be disappointed with the final result. Painting your walls will do nothing to mask those holes; on the contrary, it’ll highlight them even more. So, before you start off with the paint job, it’s advisable that you prep the surface. Using a drywall compound to patch holes and sanding the surface to achieve a clean, smooth look will help in the success of your paint job.
These were the top 3 mistakes that you should avoid if you are house painting in Toronto. As we discussed earlier, if it’s an extensive project and you haven’t ever done it before, you are better off taking the assistance of professional painters. You might end up spending more, but the long-term benefits make it a feasible thing to do.
If you have made any mistakes while painting your home or if there’s something that you would like to share with the readers, feel free to use the comments section below.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi