ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Top 3 Mistakes To Avoid When Painting Your Toronto Home
Total Articles: 2
If you have decided to embark on a do-it-yourself (DIY) paint job, there are a few things that you should keep in mind and certain mistakes that you should avoid. Many experts recommend hiring professional house painters in Toronto if you are looking at an extensive job. However, if you are looking to do it on your own, look to avoid the following.
Choosing a paint because it’s expensive/cheap
The adage, “You get what you pay for” holds true in a lot of situations, but sometimes high cost doesn’t guarantee high quality. When you shop around for the right paint, don’t make a decision on price and price alone. Salesmen at paint outlets in Toronto will try to convince you to settle for a paint that’s priced higher than other paint varieties, but as a consumer, it’s your responsibility to diligently research the right paint for your project.
Choosing the least expensive paint is another mistake that many people make. While, it’s only natural that you want to save up on your paint job, you should also take into account the quality of finish you’ll get with an ordinary paint.
Most painting experts recommend doing thorough research before choosing a paint. There are a number of websites where you will find reviews and feedback about a paint and you can use that to your advantage. For a DIY project, most experts recommend sticking to reputable brands.
Not testing the color before embarking on the job
Most paint companies provide sample cans and testers so that people can gauge whether the color complements their rooms. However, many homeowners start painting their home without using testing how the finished product will look in their space. The result is that many homeowners are not happy with their DIY project upon completion of the job. To ensure you don’t make the same mistake, make use of the test kits before you start painting the home red!
Painting without preparing/repairing the surface
If you are thinking that a paint job is a panacea that will cure all those holes and cracks in your wall, chances are you might be disappointed with the final result. Painting your walls will do nothing to mask those holes; on the contrary, it’ll highlight them even more. So, before you start off with the paint job, it’s advisable that you prep the surface. Using a drywall compound to patch holes and sanding the surface to achieve a clean, smooth look will help in the success of your paint job.
These were the top 3 mistakes that you should avoid if you are house painting in Toronto. As we discussed earlier, if it’s an extensive project and you haven’t ever done it before, you are better off taking the assistance of professional painters. You might end up spending more, but the long-term benefits make it a feasible thing to do.
If you have made any mistakes while painting your home or if there’s something that you would like to share with the readers, feel free to use the comments section below.
Home and Garden Articles1. 5 Steps You Must Take Today To Ensure Your Rugs Aren’t Ruined
Author: Mike Aurtho
2. Vanities From Repurposed Furniture
Author: Litts Plumbing
3. 4 Low-maintenance Kitchen Countertops That Can Stand The Kitchen Heat
Author: Christine Delongte
4. Buy Quality Industrial Coolers Online India To Maintain Cool And Fresh Airflow In The Industrial Fac
5. Most Professional And Renowned Residential And Commercial Plumbing Contractors
Author: Jack Ronald
6. House Cleaning Is An Imperative Task To Do
Author: Monika Zuzanska
7. 4 Benefits Of Curtains, Every Homeowner Should Know
Author: Nupur Tiwari
8. Cleaning Services Without Polluting The Environment
Author: Monika Zuzanska
9. The Commercial Gas Repair Sunshine Coast Is Your One Stop Shop To Resolve All Gas System Problems
10. Barnyard Dance In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
11. Pros And Cons Of Replacing A Bathtub With A Shower
Author: Mary Morris
12. Kitchen Remodel Tips To Help You Achieve Your Dream Kitchen
Author: Mary Morris
13. 10-point Guide For Choosing Reliable Residential Cleaning Services
Author: Luckie Maid
14. Method For Pest Controlling
Author: Vivek Suthar
15. Hire A Professional To Get Spotless House Cleaning Services
Author: Ethan Symes