ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Proud And Spectacular Forts Of North India
Total Articles: 400
When you plan North India holiday package, you know that a part of your travel package will be a historical voyage into Mughal and Rajput saga as they have been the most prominent events in North Indian history. It is not just their fascinating and overpowering architecture that wows tourists but historical legends and lineage. Whole North Indian terrain is loaded with several forts and palaces. Most have a status of UNESCO world heritage site. However, must visit forts for your North India trips are:
This was more than an imperial residence for Mughal dynasty. For 200 years, this is where the Mughal lineage thrived and built massive presence throughout India. This red sandstone fort was built in 1648 and it stands till date to share tales of 200 years of rule. Architecture has a fascinating blend of Mughal, Persian, Timurid and Hindu sensibilities. But its gardens are legendary and have been a source of inspiration for Mughal gardens created across North India. You can explore several sections of royal residence and feel subtle and silent aura of Mughal Empire.
Churn pages of history and first mention of this fort dates back to 1080 AD. This fort has seen more than a millennium of history – wars, treasures, royalty and invasions are just a part of the day. This fort was also a part of Indian freedom struggle. Today, parts of it stand in Agra as gracefully as possible. There are several travel packages that include Taj Mahal. But, this fort is worth an inclusion in North India holiday package for its historical legends and architectural beauty. This fort has original Hindu- Islamic fusion architecture. From calligraphy, patterns to drawings, walls of this fort have more to share than texture and presence.
This is one of the largest forts in India. Built in capital of Mewar in 7th century, this fort has witnessed real majestic bravado of Rajputs, Ranas and Maharanas. This hill fort has seen a lot of bravery and bloodshed alike. However, the most interesting part is that at one point of time, this fort was a wedding gift. This is a quintessential part of north India holiday package.
With several other forts and palaces across the countryside, most travellers to North India may get wondering about which forts to visit. But, choose to visit UNESCO world heritage sites in your travel package and you won’t be disappointed.
About the Author:
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and finds best deals on domestic travel packages to pursue his passion. He recently explored North India holiday package from Cox & Kings and his albums are replete with stunning photos of North Indian forts and palaces.
Travel Articles1. Finding Spot For Organizing School Picnic Has Become Easy
2. Irving Taxi Service Gives The Best Transport Service For Your Weekend Trip
Author: Irving Instant Cab
3. Choose Vacation Home Rentals Jasper Ar For Limitless Excitement
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Petra Tours - A Useful Guide For First-timers
5. Assisted Tour Package Prove As The Best To Explore The Face Of Rajasthan
Author: Colourful Indian Holidays
6. Charisma Of Affordable Christchurch Holiday Package
Author: Damien McConnell
7. Benefits To Hire Personal Driver Nyc Services
Author: Robert Anhouse
8. Show Proper Significance With A Limousine Rental In Atlanta
Author: John Anderson
9. For Covering Long Distances Choose The Premium Cab Service Provider
Author: John Watson
10. Impress The In-laws With Cheap Car Service Houston
Author: MARK Jones
11. 4 Popular And Best Foods To Eat When In South Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
12. 4 Best Beaches In Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
13. How To Plan Vacation Tours In Croatia
Author: Alfred Hunter
14. Stylish And Purposeful Wedding Arrangements For Limousine Service In Minneapolis
Author: john wick
15. If Planning A Home Relocation, Leave Entire Household To Moving Services Richmond Va
Author: Stewart Moving & Storage