ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Create Your Dream Garden With These Handy Tips
Total Articles: 12
Whether you want your landscape plush with healthy grass, county fair award-winning flowers or a back yard filled with fresh vegetables, you need to know how to reap a glorious garden. This article contains many tips to help you do just that, and if you don't already have a green thumb, you will by the time you're done reading.
After planting your garden, maintaining it is still a work in progress. Throughout the summer season, it is a must for a gardener to continue to prune, pick or deadhead blooms. Gardening can be physically exhausting with hauling dirt and digging holes, but at the end of the day, your hard work is paid off by seeing the beauty that you have created.
When powdery mildew appears on your plants, you should not rush out to purchase a costly chemical treatment. All it takes is a liquid soap, water, and baking soda mixture. Spray the mixture on the plants once every seven days or so until you no longer see the mildew. The baking soda is harmless to your plants and a very effective remedy.
Get your kids and grand kids involved with gardening by letting them help you in the garden, and by taking them to nurseries and arboretums. Children generally love being outdoors and will soak up any knowledge you are willing to share about sunlight, water, and soil quality. Gardening is a great way for children to learn about nature and for them to bond with you.
When you are trying to decide your plant watering schedules, make sure you are testing your soil regularly. Persistent over-watering is just as likely to kill your plants as under-watering. An easy way to check is to put your fingertip in the soil, if it is moist, do not add water.
To make the most of the water you use, be sure to water your plants first thing in the morning. Doing this makes your water less likely to evaporate, and allows foliage to dry quickly. This reduces the risk of many common diseases, and will help your plants grow to be strong and healthy.
If you are trying to grow tomatoes from seed, use old drink cups or yogurt containers to start them. When they are ready to be transplanted, just cut the bottom off of the cup and put them right into the ground. This will help protect the new plant from worms and other pests.
Grow tomatoes successfully! Plant three different types of tomatoes in 18 inch pots when the weather warms up, and position in an area that gets more than half a day's sunlight. Fertilize weekly, and keep the soil evenly moist at all times. Avoid getting water on the leaves, as wet leaves can burn in the sunlight. Harvest ripe tomatoes constantly for a long harvest.
Now that you know what it takes to achieve all of your gardening goals, you are ready to go outside make them happen. Go grow your ten-foot tall sunflowers, plant those tomatoes that you've wanted to grow forever or create a front lawn that makes every neighbor on the block jealous. Enjoy your new green thumb.
Learn more about growing tomatoes at tomatogardeners.com
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Have A Renovation Specialist In Place?
Author: Rex Paines
2. Ways How Unplanned Development Can Spoil Your Dream Home
Author: Charlotte Bennett
3. Reasons Why Most Of The People Find Building Maintenance So Difficult
Author: Matilda Wilson
4. Low-budget Interior Designers In Cochin, Kerala
5. Reasons Why House Painting Should Always Be Done By Professionals
Author: Tom A Hardy
6. Guidelines To Remember When You Hire Residential Carpenters In Sydney
Author: Aidan H Pound
7. Go Green With Organic And Innate Jute Bags
Author: Swayam India
8. Give Your House A New Lease Of Life With Exterior Painting Sydney
Author: Patrick Ryder
9. Can Your Structure's Paint Affect Its Power Performance?
Author: Top Coat Painters Adelaide
10. How To Reduce The Cost Of Your Professional Rug Cleaning
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi
11. Consider Scale When Planting A Trunk Fairy Garden
Author: Florence blum
12. Why Choose Palmetto For The Perfect Hot Tubs Shopping Experience?
13. Wall Protection From Water Becomes More Attractive With Glass Designing
Author: Chloe Kellaway
14. What's New In Miniature Gardening And Fairy Gardens?
Author: Florence Blum
15. The Building Inspections Have Proved To Be Advantageous While Buying A House
Author: Eric Peake