ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Volvo Aims To Making Driving Safer With Self-driving Technology
Total Articles: 1
In the past the idea of a self-driving car would have seemed a far-fetched idea, but now it's been proven to work. Volvo is one of the main brands currently working on developing self-driven cars with the intention of making them safer vehicles than ever before. But this is not anything new and Volvo is not the only company around that is offering this kind of technological perk for their new cars. What sets their self-driving technology apart from their competitors is that Volvo will focus their autonomous driving mechanic on safety rather than convenience or luxury like most other brands.
One of the rather impressive ways in which Volvo has begun to do this is through their Drive Me program based out of Sweden. The program takes real roads and pits them against real people driving real cars - or rather, being driven in real cars. One of the benefits of this program is that it allows Volvo to monitor traffic in real time and this subsequently will allow the programmers to have a much better grasp of the information needed for the self-driving algorithms. The main type of tech currently used is an auto braking system which identifies when one is getting too close. When the system detects that one is too close to another car it will automatically slow the car by applying the brakes unless the speeds are exceedingly high.
Volvo representatives have explicitly stated that the main aim for their new technologies is to make the software smarter so that it will be able to compensate automatically for the road. Nearly ninety percent of road and vehicle accidents are caused because of human error. This fact alone should put the minds of those wary of mechanical intelligence at ease. More specifically, Volvo safety architects wish to create a system that would actually learn from your mistakes to better auto-correct them in the future. Theoretically this would work much in the same way we humans learn from our past errors and mistakes, by experience. Of course, the human component is still very important. It is unlikely that there will come a time when computers can do all the work as efficiently as the human brain, at least in the foreseeable future. Regardless, Volvo's self-driving technology will make driving their cars both a more enjoyable and safer experience. With breakthroughs in this kind of technology, it brings Volvo one step closer to its 2020 goal that no shall be seriously injured or killed in a new Volvo vehicle.
Suburban Volvo Palm Beach near Fort Lauderdale and Miami, FL is a full-service Volvo dealership that has a wide selection of new and used cars, trucks and SUVs for sale. If you are searching for Volvo dealers near Fort Lauderdale and Miami, FL using the keywords Volvo dealers in Ft. Lauderdale or Volvo dealer near me visit us at Suburbanvolvopalmbeach.com
Automobiles Articles1. Car Dealers Perfect Way To Get The Used Car
2. Benefits Of Hiring A Taxi And How You Can Make Full Use Of It
Author: Dave Woods
3. Importance Of The Development Of Rugged Dc Dc Converter
Author: Lilly Allen
4. Detailed Guide To Wash Your Car Properly With 2 Bucket Method And Car Wash Shampoo
Author: neel patel
5. How To Choose Best Gps Anti Car Theft Device?
Author: Randeep Kumar
6. A Mobile Roadworthy Certificate Centre May Come Handy While In A Hurry
Author: Luca Curtis
7. Customised Motorcycles Give The Rider A Style Statement
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tips To Buy A High Mileage Car
9. Importance Of Learning Through Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
10. How Technology Is Changing The Teaching Techniques Today?
Author: Eesha Zaveri
11. The Used Mercedes Benz Dealers In Miami Offers Best Collection For Your Choice
12. Taking Care Of Your Sydney Trailer
13. Advices To Get Auto Financing From Car Dealership
14. Travel Bike – Folding Bike Fits For Just Any Type Of Road!
Author: Paul Pinigis
15. Top 10 Popular Upcoming Bikes In India To Launch In 2017 & 2018
Author: Adaalo India