ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Volvo Aims To Making Driving Safer With Self-driving Technology
Total Articles: 1
In the past the idea of a self-driving car would have seemed a far-fetched idea, but now it's been proven to work. Volvo is one of the main brands currently working on developing self-driven cars with the intention of making them safer vehicles than ever before. But this is not anything new and Volvo is not the only company around that is offering this kind of technological perk for their new cars. What sets their self-driving technology apart from their competitors is that Volvo will focus their autonomous driving mechanic on safety rather than convenience or luxury like most other brands.
One of the rather impressive ways in which Volvo has begun to do this is through their Drive Me program based out of Sweden. The program takes real roads and pits them against real people driving real cars - or rather, being driven in real cars. One of the benefits of this program is that it allows Volvo to monitor traffic in real time and this subsequently will allow the programmers to have a much better grasp of the information needed for the self-driving algorithms. The main type of tech currently used is an auto braking system which identifies when one is getting too close. When the system detects that one is too close to another car it will automatically slow the car by applying the brakes unless the speeds are exceedingly high.
Volvo representatives have explicitly stated that the main aim for their new technologies is to make the software smarter so that it will be able to compensate automatically for the road. Nearly ninety percent of road and vehicle accidents are caused because of human error. This fact alone should put the minds of those wary of mechanical intelligence at ease. More specifically, Volvo safety architects wish to create a system that would actually learn from your mistakes to better auto-correct them in the future. Theoretically this would work much in the same way we humans learn from our past errors and mistakes, by experience. Of course, the human component is still very important. It is unlikely that there will come a time when computers can do all the work as efficiently as the human brain, at least in the foreseeable future. Regardless, Volvo's self-driving technology will make driving their cars both a more enjoyable and safer experience. With breakthroughs in this kind of technology, it brings Volvo one step closer to its 2020 goal that no shall be seriously injured or killed in a new Volvo vehicle.
Suburban Volvo Palm Beach near Fort Lauderdale and Miami, FL is a full-service Volvo dealership that has a wide selection of new and used cars, trucks and SUVs for sale. If you are searching for Volvo dealers near Fort Lauderdale and Miami, FL using the keywords Volvo dealers in Ft. Lauderdale or Volvo dealer near me visit us at Suburbanvolvopalmbeach.com
Automobiles Articles1. Advice For Car Buyers: Choose The Right Lender
Author: Wiliams Orchard
2. Buy Certified Pre Owned Luxury Cars In Best Quality From Miami Dealers
3. Three Warning Signs Indicating That You Need A Windshield Replacement In Kent, Wa Done
Author: Justin Ward
4. Ourbus Is Your Bus – The 21st-century Way To Work Commute
5. Clifford Beaumont: Japanese Economic Growth Rises For 7th Consecutive Quarter
6. Burton Mills: China Economy Continues To Slow
7. Rockman – The Automotive Component, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
8. Choose Yakima Roof Rack For Your Vehicle For Enjoying Off Road Journey
Author: Tony Bulic
9. How Do You Hire A Reliable Food Truck Builder?
Author: Randy Travis
10. Getting The Best Boat Deals In Florida
Author: Riva Motorsports
11. Vectra - The Leading Earthmovers Equipment & Best Skid Steer Loader Manufacturers In India - Europe
12. Find Best Roof Mounted Bike Carrier For Your Car In Sydney
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. What Is Causing The Problem?
Author: Batteries & More
14. Why A Car Is A Necessity In The City Of Detroit?
Author: jeffery reynold
15. The Windscreens Replacement Process - What You Need To Know
Author: Anna Lampasona