ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Types Of Glass Beads
Total Articles: 109
Glass is a very special material when it comes to making beads. There are different materials for making beads, but due to some special features in the characteristics of glass, glass beads looks very attractive and sometimes may look like crystals if shaped well. These beads come with different variety of sizes, shapes and even colors just like wholesale beads. They pass through different process during production to produce endless varieties. Here, we are going to look at some of the major types of these beads available.
Vintage are sometimes referred to as the old aged era, it is believed to have originated from the fifties. Despite the age, vintage beads are still very much high in demand till date. It is mostly made by hand and used as the centerpiece in jewelry or other meaningful areas in the project.
This is a special type of glass that produces attractive reflections on contact with light rays. Crystal bead is a popular name and one of the known types of glass bead we have today. It can be shaped to the extent that it looks like a diamond. The glass is unique and contains lead oxide and therefore, it is one of the strongest beads. Crystal beads are very expensive owing to the fact that it can both reflect and refract light. It is known for its expensive cost and hence used in creating expensive jewelries today.
This glass bead is created by pouring glass in its molted form into the desired mould and after cooled, it takes the shape of the mould. The shape of the mould can be any attractive shape like flowers, cross, diamond etc. These beads are not normally too expensive, yet can be very attractive.
These are one of the best known beads in the world today. It is designed in Venice, Italy. They are actually made by slow lampworking technique. Most of them we see today are made by hand. Murano glass beads are highly appreciated by collectors and are used as centerpiece in jewelry.
These beads are made from lamp work. This is almost similar to the same working process of a goldsmith. It is done by the use of gas flame to melt a glass rod on another while giving it the desired shape and surface finish. This process is very technical and hence requires high creativity. These beads if done properly are very beautiful and colorful. They are normally very expensive owing to the process at which it was made, though depends on the artist.
This can be surprising, but there is the wedding cake bead. This glass bead is made from lamp work and it s popular in Venice. They are made from metallic bits which includes copper and an added sparkle to the bead. The name is given to it as wedding cake bead because they look like beautiful little cakes with icing.
These are some of the most popular varieties of beads we have today. We may not be able to exhaust them because arts and crafts which is the basis of fashion changes and improve daily. Although, people prefer buying wholesale beads during bead show so as to save money.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. New Jewellery Designs In India
Author: Jewellery Cluster
2. Women Sports Shoes - Choosing It Right
3. Find Effective Tennis Elbow Brace Online To Offer Relief From The Condition
4. Tissot T-sport Chrono Xl Quartz T116.617.36.097.00 Men’s Watch
Author: Jasson C
5. Find Beautiful Designer Bridal Wedding Sarees Online
6. Pump Up Your Holiday Decor With Beautiful Blooms
Author: Mary Ann Verberne
7. Overview Of Yarmulke For Sale Available Over The Internet
8. Grocery World Going Online
Author: Dheeraj Singh
9. Merry Christmas! Choose Among These 6 Best Christmas Flowers
Author: Lynda Tatara
10. Expert Advice From The Leading Florists In Fort Smith
Author: Butch Johnston
11. How To Choose Right Laptop Bags For Your Corporate Gifting Requirements
Author: corporate legacies
12. Seiko 5 Automatic Japan Made Snkp11j1 Men’s Watch: Nostalgic, Optimistic, Optimized
Author: Jasson C
13. Enjoy The Best Experience Of Shopping In Australian Grocery Stores Online
14. Buy Smartphone Online In India
15. Make Way For Online Shopping With Amazing Deals On Men Products