ALL >> Education >> View Article
Ibps Exam Preparation In Computer Knowledge
Total Articles: 12
Computer Awareness is new to into IBPS bank exams when compared to other sections. Seeing the advent of computers in all fields of life, a separate section was dedicated to it. It intends to test the basic computer knowledge, usage of its applications, technical aspects in an applicant. At the same time, the limited access to computers to certain sects of people has set them on a back foot. IBPS exam preparation would be a cake walk for some people and for others it is going to be a tough road. To generalize the IBPS exam for both the sections of applicants, IBPS organizes the CWE exam with medium level of difficulty in this section.
Applicants of IBPS bank exams need to focus good number of hours on Computer Knowledge during the IBPS exam preparation. Though most of the questions seem easy, it is the tough questions that put you ahead of your competitors. To aid your IBPS exam preparation TalentSprint's BankersChoice presents the various sections covered by Computer Awareness can be broadly divided into:
* Computer Hardware: Questions will be based on
Input, output and storage devices related to the computer
Different internal parts of laptops and computers
Applications, features, limitations of newer technological devices like rewritable disks
Refer: Windows Help and Support application
* Windows and Software & Desktop Applications: Tests your ease with computer usage
Desktop Icons – My Computer, Recycle Bin, My Documents etc.
Start Menu – Programs, Settings, Search, Run
Operations – Creating new files, renaming, saving, deleting files, creating copies, cut-copy-paste, etc.
Setting Changes – Wallpapers, desktop width, color settings, screensavers etc.
No shortcut to master this section. Usage of computers can help you
Refer: Glossary on Windows & computer applications
* Microsoft Office Applications: Most stressed section in IBPS bank exams
MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Access and MS Power Point
Shortcuts and various versions of MS Office
File Creation, File Editing, Data Management, Data Operations, Data Formatting
Refer: MS Office and learn the applications practically
* Keyboard Shortcuts
With the knowledge in MS Office & Windows, learning keyboard shortcuts becomes easy
Shortcuts based on CTRL, ALT, SHIFT and commonly used keys like Backspace, Enter, Esc, Delete, Caps Lock, Print Screen and F1-F12
Refer: Online sources
* Internet and Networking:
Browser – Definition, commonly used browsers, browser features (view, search bar, tabs, etc.), applications of browsers (bookmarks, history) etc.
E-mail – Creating, formatting and sending mails, mail management, e-mail etiquette folders and labels, e-mail features (cc, bcc, read-receipt)
Websites – website extensions (.in v/s .com v/s .org), website navigation
Networking – types of networks, comparison with internet and applications
Social Networking websites –Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
Application Based websites and applications –Use of Picasa, Instagram, etc.
Security – Viruses, Trojans, Anti-virus Softwares, Hacking
Refer: Online sources and Technology magazines
* Terminology and Latest News
Technical terms like fetch, hibernate, reboot etc.
IT sector and new developments
Refer: Glossary of computer
Though the above list appears long and intensive, with little usage of computers you can add decently to your IBPS bank preparation. Text books of school students on computer Science and NCERT Computer books will be the best resources to crack this section in IBPS, 2014. Need assistance in IBPS exam preparation checkout this video!
Education Articles1. Exam Nse7_efw: Enterprise Firewall – Fortios 5.4 Exam
Author: Jessica Doyle
2. Prepare Your Kid For Playschool For His Own Betterment
Author: Bubbles Playway
3. Top 21 Prototyping Tools For Ui And Ux Designers 2018
4. Use Advanced Digital Marketing To Become A Top Professional
Author: Mohini Singh
5. Details On Nursing Course In Mumbai!
Author: Rakesh Salunke
6. Take First Step Towards Success Through Learning French Language
Author: Ben Kachimo
7. Sql Server Dba Training Institute In Ameerpet Rr Technosoft
8. Need To Know Gmat Exam Rules, Regulations And Guidelines
Author: Brighter Prep
9. Geometry Homework Help Can Be Relieving To The Students
Author: Weston Young
10. Accept The Challenge Of Passing The Nse4-5.4 Exam On The First Attempt
Author: Jessica Doyle
11. Exam Hpe6-a44: Aruba Certified Mobility Professional (acmp) V8 Certification.
Author: Jessica Doyle
12. Reasons To Switch To Geographic Information System (gis) For Civil Engineering
13. What All You Will Learn From Iot Training Program?
14. Digital Marketing Course For Graduates
Author: Yogesh Sash
15. Danger In The Dust: Asbestos Awareness And Controlling
Author: Chris Haris