ALL >> Education >> View Article
Ibps Exam Preparation In Computer Knowledge
Total Articles: 12
Computer Awareness is new to into IBPS bank exams when compared to other sections. Seeing the advent of computers in all fields of life, a separate section was dedicated to it. It intends to test the basic computer knowledge, usage of its applications, technical aspects in an applicant. At the same time, the limited access to computers to certain sects of people has set them on a back foot. IBPS exam preparation would be a cake walk for some people and for others it is going to be a tough road. To generalize the IBPS exam for both the sections of applicants, IBPS organizes the CWE exam with medium level of difficulty in this section.
Applicants of IBPS bank exams need to focus good number of hours on Computer Knowledge during the IBPS exam preparation. Though most of the questions seem easy, it is the tough questions that put you ahead of your competitors. To aid your IBPS exam preparation TalentSprint's BankersChoice presents the various sections covered by Computer Awareness can be broadly divided into:
* Computer Hardware: Questions will be based on
Input, output and storage devices related to the computer
Different internal parts of laptops and computers
Applications, features, limitations of newer technological devices like rewritable disks
Refer: Windows Help and Support application
* Windows and Software & Desktop Applications: Tests your ease with computer usage
Desktop Icons – My Computer, Recycle Bin, My Documents etc.
Start Menu – Programs, Settings, Search, Run
Operations – Creating new files, renaming, saving, deleting files, creating copies, cut-copy-paste, etc.
Setting Changes – Wallpapers, desktop width, color settings, screensavers etc.
No shortcut to master this section. Usage of computers can help you
Refer: Glossary on Windows & computer applications
* Microsoft Office Applications: Most stressed section in IBPS bank exams
MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Access and MS Power Point
Shortcuts and various versions of MS Office
File Creation, File Editing, Data Management, Data Operations, Data Formatting
Refer: MS Office and learn the applications practically
* Keyboard Shortcuts
With the knowledge in MS Office & Windows, learning keyboard shortcuts becomes easy
Shortcuts based on CTRL, ALT, SHIFT and commonly used keys like Backspace, Enter, Esc, Delete, Caps Lock, Print Screen and F1-F12
Refer: Online sources
* Internet and Networking:
Browser – Definition, commonly used browsers, browser features (view, search bar, tabs, etc.), applications of browsers (bookmarks, history) etc.
E-mail – Creating, formatting and sending mails, mail management, e-mail etiquette folders and labels, e-mail features (cc, bcc, read-receipt)
Websites – website extensions (.in v/s .com v/s .org), website navigation
Networking – types of networks, comparison with internet and applications
Social Networking websites –Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
Application Based websites and applications –Use of Picasa, Instagram, etc.
Security – Viruses, Trojans, Anti-virus Softwares, Hacking
Refer: Online sources and Technology magazines
* Terminology and Latest News
Technical terms like fetch, hibernate, reboot etc.
IT sector and new developments
Refer: Glossary of computer
Though the above list appears long and intensive, with little usage of computers you can add decently to your IBPS bank preparation. Text books of school students on computer Science and NCERT Computer books will be the best resources to crack this section in IBPS, 2014. Need assistance in IBPS exam preparation checkout this video!
Education Articles1. Cheap Pte Training Helps You Score Good For Immigration Or Applying To Universities Abroad
2. Microsoft Certifications Can Help You Fulfil Your Career Objectives!
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
3. Best Online Education System
Author: sana javed
4. Five Factors To Consider For Attending Microsoft Dynamics Crm Training
5. Learn Spanish Online To Avails Lots Of Advantages
Author: Foreign Classes
6. Make Your Career Bright With Aws Solution Architect Associate Training
7. J2ee Training In Chennai
8. What Is The Scope Of Python?
9. Consultants How To Determine The Interest For An Online Class
Author: Arpita Classes
10. Key Benefits Of Microsoft Dynamics Crm In On Organization
11. Institute Of Overseas Languages & Training
12. How Community-centered Experiential Learning Is Used In Mba
Author: Shoeb Mannur
13. Climb Up Your Career Ladder With Cbap Certification!
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
14. Build Career On International Level With Best Ielts Coaching Institute
Author: Harvinder Singh always provides something useful f
15. Convey Tech Labs Offering Best Online It Training In India
Author: Vivek Potnuru