ALL >> Business >> View Article
How To Avoid Rogue Elements When Opting For Movers
Total Articles: 1
Rogue movers are slowly becoming a nightmare for families and people employing the help of movers to shift home. If you are not careful, you may land up in the wrong hands and this may cost you your precious money. So the best way out is to take the adequate precautions to stay safe from such rogue elements. This article will provide some critical tips that will help you avoid being cheated.
The first thing to do before you finally select a mover is to check the U.S Department of Transportation website. This is the agency which is responsible for regulating interstate movers. It has a website that helps people avoid scams. The address of the website is ProtectYourMove.com. With the help of this website you may avoid scams. This site has various different sources that allow you to check the registration of movers. You can easily find out and investigate the rogue movers. So before you agree to use a mover, remember to use this website.
The next step is to check out the warning signs provided by the website. Take a close look at the list and check out if your mover shows any sign mentioned in the list. Typically, the list includes certain hints and precautions that will help you discern which a real moving company is and which a rogue one is.
There are some signs which make it evident that a company isrogue . In case the mover is not offering or agreeing to an on-site inspection and rather offers an estimate over the phone of the internet, then you need to beware of them. The estimates provided are also too good to be true. In such a case, the company is likely rogue. Companies that make such a gesture are usually the moving companies that ask for large cash deposit before they serve you.
Beware of movers that do not provide a copy that states your rights and responsibilities when you book them. This copy is a booklet that must be provided to the customers and is mandated by the federal regulations.
Do not contact a company that has no local address or information related to insurance and licensing. Never fall for claims that the goods have been covered for insurance until and unless the information is verified.
Always refrain from opting for companies that have warehouse and offices in poor conditions or if they do not exist.
One last step is to always ask for references. The best way out would be to ask for at least 3 references and confirm them. References are asked for jobs and other matters, then why not ask for references while selecting a moving company?
Stephen Roshy is currently researching on Help2movela. Follow him to read all his work and researches on latest trends related small industries.
Business Articles1. Why Indian Crafts Is A Best Company To Buy Furniture Online ?
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
2. How Does Digital Marketing Works? And What Is Importance Of Digital Marketing?
Author: MBHITECH Solutions
3. What To Know More About Outsourcing Accounting Services?
4. How To Manage The Accounting Service For Your Business?
5. Thermal Fluid Heat Transfer Systems
6. Employee Provident Fund, Labour Law, Employees State Insurance Consultant In Mumbai
Author: ATSCO Corporation
7. Top Mba Colleges In Jaipur
8. Android App Development Company In Usa, Android App Development Web Services, Android App Developmen
9. The Case For Growth Of Car Parking Tensile Structure In India
Author: Tensile Structure
10. Photocopier, Currency Counting Machines And Cctv Service Provider In Mumbai
Author: Amtech Enterprises
11. Why Opt For Custom Shipping Crates?
Author: Kurt Heimbrock
12. למעלה קבלני חיתוך בטון
13. Pain Management Doctors In San Antonio Texas
14. Regular Professional Mold Inspections Ottawa – Why Every Homeowner Should Consider
Author: Mark Simon
15. Online Class Help, My Online Class Help