ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Must-see Lakes Of North India
Total Articles: 400
North India has spectacular natural sites worth exploring. It is not be possible to visit all these in one North India tour package, but you can make sure that different holiday packages across Northern India definitely include a visit to some of the most beautiful lakes in that region.
Pangong Tso Lake, Ladakh:
Located in Changthang region of Ladakh, this salt water body is very popular domestically as it has been immortalised on the silver screen with movies like “3Idiots”. This water body is a very popular part of most Ladakh travel packages. Unfortunately, it does not make the itinerary of any of the popular North India tour packages. This scenic lake is really worth the visit because it is placed on border between the Tibet part of China and India. If you get the right visa documentation, you may want to step forward and visit KailashMansarovar in Tibet. Kailash Mansarovaryatra is a popular pilgrimage among Hindu devotees. But,Kailash Mansarovaryatra is a real delight for nature lovers and photographers too. However, there are only select tailor made holiday packages that can include both these lakes.
Suraj Tal Lake, Lahaul Valley
Suraj Tal Lake; which is also known as Surya Taal or Suraj Tal is a great high altitude water body that is an origin of the Bhaga River too. A sacred water body, it is the scenic beauty of the lake and its surroundings that will surprise you. The panoramic snow clad mountains and untouched deep blue waters create a breathtaking impact on travellers. This beautiful site in the Lahual Valley is not part of the any popular North India tour packages, but is definitely worth the visit.
There are also other scenic and enchanting lakes in North India that you might want to consider while planning your North India tour packages such as:
• Tso Moriri Lake, Ladakh
• Statso – Langtso Twin Lakes, Zanskar Valley
• Chandratal Lake, Spiti Valley
• Damdama Lake, Haryana
• Pichola Lake, Udaipur
• Bhimtal Lake, Nainital
Do not forget to carry your camera with you as these sites are perfect for spectacular photographs. The beauty and charm of these water bodies and their surroundings is worth immortalizing. You should consider including them in your itineraries as and when you plan to visit the respective states in North India because it may get too extensive and exhaustive a holiday package to visit them all. So, break it up and have a blast. These scenic and mesmerising lakes of North India are definitely worth a mention on the bucket list. Do make the time to luxuriate in their natural beauty.
NinadChaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent nature photographer and finds best deals on holiday packages to pursue his passion. He recently explored North India holiday packages from Cox & Kings and his albums are replete with scenic photos of beautiful lakes in North India.
Travel Articles1. Best Hotel In Uganda
Author: Madian Binaisa
2. From Boston To Phoenix Charter Bus Makes A Great Gift For Those Attending Your Wedding!
Author: Hire Charter Bus
3. Hire A Personal Senior Driver Service In New York
Author: Robert Anhouse
4. Finding The Best Hotel Deals On Your Travels
Author: Manisha Nigam
5. Browse Your Options For Holiday Transportation With A Close Eye On Atlanta Car Service
6. Splendid Journey From Civitavecchia Port To Rome
Author: Angeli Buttone
7. Living In Style With Convenience
Author: Mahendra Shah
8. Book Kerala Backwater Holiday Packages For Family
9. Party As You Travel To The Party In San Antonio With Party Bus Rentals
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
10. Whale Watching Adventures In San Diego
11. What Makes Helicopter Tour In Nepal So Unique?
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
12. Nepal Is Much More Than Just Peak Climbing Adventure
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
13. De Verschillende Attracties Van Kerala!
Author: Nain Tara
14. Top 3 Mountain Peaks To Check Our During Your Expedition In Nepal
Author: Snowy Horizon
15. All About Fbo And Aircraft Handling Services
Author: Aviation Infrastructure