ALL >> Travel >> View Article
What To Do When You Are Stranded In A Foreign Country And You Need Help?
Total Articles: 22
Everyone dreams of travelling to a country abroad for several reasons which include visiting, vacation or touring the country. While you may plan for your trip and your destination, you may or may not be prepared for any problems that may leave you stranded within the foreign country. In such a situation, the consular services will aid you.
Locate your National Embassy.
The first thing the stranded individual must do is locate the national embassy to avoid any further trouble. This can be helped if you have already have located your consulate before you leave for your trip abroad. If you cannot locate your national consulate, you can always ask your relative or friends in your home country to contact them on your behalf. You can also approach the local government official to help you to locate your national consulate.Alternatively a few national consulates have also provided an outsourcing of this consulate service to private institutes which can be contacted.
Inform the Appropriate Officers in the Consulate
Once located, the problem must be put forth and explained thoroughly to the officials in the embassy. These officials will provide the appropriate embassy services or assistance based on the severity of the situation of the distressed individual or family. If the relative or friend of the distressed individual has contacted the consulate, the officials will instruct the concerned individual on the proper procedure to be undertaken to ensure that the stranded individual receives the timely consular services aid wherever possible.
Services provided by the Consulate.
The following embassy services have been provided by the consulate:
• Replacement of travel documents
• Advice and support in the case of accident, illness, crime, death, civil unrest, natural disasters
• Informing and securing visitation rights for next of kin
• Registering birth of citizens abroad
• Facilitating overseas payment of social welfare benefits.
• Supervising the flag vessels in the foreign harbors.
• Collaborating with the local police task force or officials in the case of abduction or missing case.
Advantages of the Consular Assistance
This service is specially designed to assist visitors or travelers of the same nationality who are stranded in a foreign country, which visitors cannot receive on their own. These embassy services are an organized body of the public offers that are maintained by the government in a foreign country and is liable to protect the interests of its nationals. This consular assistance has a certain set of services that they provide in the right circumstances. These services cannot be objected or denied to the citizen of the national country. If the foreign country does not have a national consulate of the country, a private institute whose has been provided with the outsourcing of consular services, can be approached as an alternative.
About the Author
Arvind Sharma is an employee of Cox and Kings Global Services. He is well educated in different consular services and embassy services of the national consulate and private institutes. He wishes to ensure that individuals who are travelling abroad are well experienced in preparation for their journey.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David