ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Fascinating Buddhist Monasteries Of Ladakh
Total Articles: 400
Ladakh monasteries are more than spiritual shrines and symbols of Buddhist faith. They are stunning monuments loaded with spiritual aura and unequivocal beauty. You look at their marvellous architecture. You consider the depth of their Buddhist faith and principles. You experience the peace. Then you realise that these monasteries have more to share than they let on from distance indeed.
Also known as Thiksay Gompa, this monastery is located at height of 3600 metres. This monumental 12-floor monastery is filled with multiple points of interest. Along with Buddhist statutes, stupas, paintings and swords, there is a 49 feet tall statue of Maitreya – a future reincarnation of Buddha. This monastery is a very popular part of Ladakh tour packages. Due to its remote location, it is not part of common holidays in India like Kashmir group tour packages.
Built somewhere around 11th century, this monastery was re-established in 1672byLadakhi king at the time; Sengge Namgyal. Due to its splendid architecture, this is most popular travel attraction on several Ladakh tour packages. If you can plan your holiday in India around end of June or start of July, you may want to take this chance to witness a divine treat. This spacious and impressive Gompa is filled with sensory delights. Vibrantly dressed local performers wear huge masks and dance on a beat of unique music. International and domestic travellers cover great distances to reach Ladakh and witness these glorified performances. But, this extravaganza also includes carnival and other festivities. This is one of most popular group tour packages in region. The spiritual and physical worlds blend to create an array of human experiences. You will never find it in any other holiday in India.
This 11th century monastery is not a common travel attraction on Ladakh tour packages. This monastery is situated at height of 3307 meters. From yellow-hatted statue of Tsongkhapa to mud-brick ancient buildings in distance accentuate the rustic yet deeply spiritual aura of this monastery. But, its rustic elegant look and spiritual aura is powerful enough to engage several devotees and travellers alike. You cannot book typical group tour packages for visiting this Gompa. However, a tailor made holiday of Ladakh can include this travel attraction.
There are several other interesting monasteries. Some have enriching past, others glow with spiritual aura and still others have exemplary architecture. These monasteries in Ladakh tour packages are irresistible indeed.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent traveller and finds best deals on holidays in India to pursue his passion. He recently explored Ladakh tour packages from Cox & Kings and his albums are replete with scenic photos of Ladakh monasteries.
Travel Articles1. Fishpond Taxi Or Clifton Taxi – Delivering Maximum Convenience For The Clients!
Author: Michel Umer
2. Restaurant La Source – La Source Restaurant In Paris Is All Set To Cater You In The Most Unique Way!
Author: Ano Nymous
3. Shuttle Service From Honolulu Airport To Hotels & 4 Best Accommodations For Travelers
Author: Trung Tran
4. What Does The Inclusion Of A Kitchen In A Hotel Room Mean To The Hotel Industry?
Author: The Lotus
5. Uganda – A Country Of Sheer Wildlife
6. Gorilla Tracking Etiquettes In Uganda
7. Looking For Cheap Flights To London? Find Low Cost Flights Here!
8. Looking Forward To Relax? Will Transport You To A Tranquil World
Author: Mr. Dave
9. Car Service In Dfw & List Of The Top Rated Restaurants In The Dfw Area
Author: Shakil Ahmed
10. What Places One Need To Visit During His Sahara Desert Tour?
Author: Mohamed El Galouti
11. Prom Parties With A Charter Bus In San Francisco
Author: Hire Charter Bus
12. Hemingway’s Cuba
Author: Stephen David
13. Canada Immigradation Consultants In Hyderabad
Author: visas permits
14. Enjoy Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing And Safari To Africa And Tanzania Wildebeest
15. How To Find Best Serviced Apartment Accommodation In Nairobi
Author: Sanajay SHah