ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Fascinating Buddhist Monasteries Of Ladakh
Total Articles: 400
Ladakh monasteries are more than spiritual shrines and symbols of Buddhist faith. They are stunning monuments loaded with spiritual aura and unequivocal beauty. You look at their marvellous architecture. You consider the depth of their Buddhist faith and principles. You experience the peace. Then you realise that these monasteries have more to share than they let on from distance indeed.
Also known as Thiksay Gompa, this monastery is located at height of 3600 metres. This monumental 12-floor monastery is filled with multiple points of interest. Along with Buddhist statutes, stupas, paintings and swords, there is a 49 feet tall statue of Maitreya – a future reincarnation of Buddha. This monastery is a very popular part of Ladakh tour packages. Due to its remote location, it is not part of common holidays in India like Kashmir group tour packages.
Built somewhere around 11th century, this monastery was re-established in 1672byLadakhi king at the time; Sengge Namgyal. Due to its splendid architecture, this is most popular travel attraction on several Ladakh tour packages. If you can plan your holiday in India around end of June or start of July, you may want to take this chance to witness a divine treat. This spacious and impressive Gompa is filled with sensory delights. Vibrantly dressed local performers wear huge masks and dance on a beat of unique music. International and domestic travellers cover great distances to reach Ladakh and witness these glorified performances. But, this extravaganza also includes carnival and other festivities. This is one of most popular group tour packages in region. The spiritual and physical worlds blend to create an array of human experiences. You will never find it in any other holiday in India.
This 11th century monastery is not a common travel attraction on Ladakh tour packages. This monastery is situated at height of 3307 meters. From yellow-hatted statue of Tsongkhapa to mud-brick ancient buildings in distance accentuate the rustic yet deeply spiritual aura of this monastery. But, its rustic elegant look and spiritual aura is powerful enough to engage several devotees and travellers alike. You cannot book typical group tour packages for visiting this Gompa. However, a tailor made holiday of Ladakh can include this travel attraction.
There are several other interesting monasteries. Some have enriching past, others glow with spiritual aura and still others have exemplary architecture. These monasteries in Ladakh tour packages are irresistible indeed.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent traveller and finds best deals on holidays in India to pursue his passion. He recently explored Ladakh tour packages from Cox & Kings and his albums are replete with scenic photos of Ladakh monasteries.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson