ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Necessity Of A Surge Tank In Fuel Delivery System (fds) Of An Automobile
Total Articles: 21
The fuel delivery system of a vehicle ensures consistent fuel supply from the storage tank to the engine. Surge tank is one of a kind component that regulates the flow, pressure, and level of fuel in fuel tank, lines and injectors. The main purpose of the surge tank is to ensure that the engine is never starved for fuel. Let us discuss about surge tank briefly in this article.
Generally located at the highest point in the fuel delivery system, a surge tank connects all the components of the fuel delivery system; fuel pump, regulators, injectors are all connected to surge tank.
If your car experiences bumps while running, it needs a surge tank. If you do not install one, other engine components are at risk when your car bumps while running or when insufficient fuel is pumped to the engine.
Surge tank regulates fuel pressure and supply
Surge tank basically doesn’t deliver fuel at higher pressure. It balances and regulates the pressure of fuel in a delivery system.
When there is high pressure in the system, the fluids go to the surge tank and the excess pressure created will be counter-balanced. Likewise, when there is low pressure in the system, the surge tank will fill in the low pressure with fluid. This process goes on until the pressure is balanced.
When fuel is below a quarter of a tank or so, it would have a few blips of fuel delivery even on straightaways. The surge tank fixes this because it adds an additional layer of protection by having a second tank for the actual delivery.
Fuel starvation is a common occurrence in non-surge tank delivery systems. When an injector has a low supply of fuel even if adequate amount of fuel is available in the tank, then that system is said to be under starvation and is called fuel starvation. Fuel starvation may burn up holes in piston and cylinder chambers. So, installing a surge tank is helpful for engine's life.
Surge tank controls the system during hazards
The surge tank has built-in sensors, which make it capable of bringing the fuel delivery to a stop if anything goes wrong. It also prevents blowout of the components of the FDS caused due to high fuel pressure.
When installing a surge tank in your car, make sure to have all the related connections across the FDS. Make also sure you choose one that fits your car's system.
Airtexproducts.com is the leading aftermarket supplier of mechanical and electric fuel pumps. For over 50 years, the Airtex brand has been the benchmark of fuel delivery components for leading companies in the automotive aftermarket. If you are searching for a fuel pump, consider Airtex as Airtex fuel delivery system has exceptional quality that meets or exceeds OE design specifications and ISO standards.
Automobiles Articles1. Roadworthy Centre This Is What Professionals Do
Author: Luca Curtis
2. Go For New Car If You Don’t Have The Money To Buy A New One
Author: Ewan Thorpe
3. Suburbs Are Good For Relaxation And Should Be Visited Often
Author: James Elston
4. Dealer: A Friend Indeed When You Need Auto Financing!
Author: jeffery reynold
5. Listen To Our Customers They Will Tell You All About Ace Hand Carwash
Author: Rhys Gibson
6. Carbon Folding Bike Has Lessen Up The Overall Weight Of Folding Bike To A Huge Extent!
Author: Paul Pinigis
7. Rockman – Leading Manufacturers Of High Quality Automotive Component & Two Wheeler Spare Parts
Author: Rockman Industries
8. 6 Most Popular Street Gourmet Food In The Us
Author: Randy Travis
9. Used Car Dealer A Cheaper Option
10. What’s In Good Car Dealership?
Author: Mike Hamby
11. Lightweight Folding Bike – Folding Bicycle Delivers Maximum Convenience!
Author: Paul Pinigis
12. Student Auto Loan Now At Your Reached
13. Don't Make The $500 Mistake
Author: Al Freilich
14. Is Your Next Vehicle A Luxury Car?
Author: Mike Hamby
15. Choose Auto Repair Shop Where Mechanic Give An Accurate Diagnosis
Author: Haggerty Ford