ALL >> Health >> View Article
Who Is A Good Candidate For Dental Implants?
Total Articles: 2
Cosmetic dentistry and implant dentistry has become more and more popular in the Edmonds, WA area and the surrounding areas for good reasons. Not only do new dental technologies improve the look of anyone’s smile, they can protect overall dental health over time as well. Such is the case with dental implants.
Dental implants are artificial teeth typically made of porcelain, that can fill a place where a tooth has been taken out or has fallen out. Dental patients who would have had to use partial dentures or bridges can now have replacement teeth that restore confidence, promote dental health, and make things like chewing, talking, and brushing easier. However, not everyone is a good candidate for dental implants in Edmonds, WA.
Who Qualifies as Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Though dental technology is progressing at a fantastic rate, dental implants require that the patient meets some standards regarding dental health. The following qualifications would make most patients good candidates for dental implants:
Healthy gums (preferably, the patient would not have periodontal disease)
Adequate bone mass in the jaw (determined by the dentist you are seeing)
Good oral health at the time of implantation
A professional dentist must be the one to make the final decision on whether or not a patient would be a good candidate for dental implants. However, if the patient does not meet the requirements, a good dentist will be able to recommend alternatives such as dental bridges or partial dentures.
Preparing for Dental Implants in Edmonds, WA
Once a dentist determines that a patient is a good candidate for dental implants, there will be a series of appointments to set up. During these appointments, the dental implants will be crafted especially for the patient’s dental structures. If the dentist has an in-house machine to create the dental implants, the process can move much more smoothly and might only take one appointment.
Once a patient has dental implants, he or she might be required to come in for a follow-up appointment to ensure that the implants are working correctly. After that is done, the dental implants should be taken care of as if they were natural teeth, with all the brushing, flossing, and dental hygiene appointments that requires.
If you have been considering getting dental implants in Edmonds, WA, do some research on which dentists will give you the best level of care!
Affinity Contemporary Dentistry is Edmonds WA’s #1 family dentist. At Affinity Dentistry, we are trained & up to date on all the newest in dental technology. We are dedicated to offering a wide array of dental procedures & provide the residents of Edmonds with the highest quality dental care. If you are looking for a dentist using the keywords dentist Edmonds WA or family dentist Edmonds WA, call us today!
Health Articles1. Male Organ Pain: Are Barrier Protections To Blame?
Author: John Dugan
2. Know About The Key Responsibilities Of A Healthcare Support Worker
Author: Paige Rees
3. Smilex - The Place For Getting The Best Solution For Dental Issues
Author: Mohan Kumar
4. The Easiest Guide Ever To Get Fit & Healthy
5. Span Sure Medical Instruments Pvt. Ltd., Korea Automatic Thermal Massage Bed - Suppliers
Author: spansure medical
6. Midwives Acquire Nursing And Midwifery Programs To Fulfill Big Responsibilities
7. Specialties And Steps Involved In Elective Abroad Medical And Pre Medical Programs
8. Clinically Proven Solutions For Hairloss!!! Unfortunately Less Known!!!
9. How To Treat Gum Disease?
Author: Chris Hugh
10. Ways To Find The Best Chiropody Clinic
Author: The Harley Medical Foot and Nail Laser Clinic Lond
11. How A Good Parent Helps A Childcare Western Sydney
Author: Colleen Grenville
12. Top 30 Signs And Symptoms Of Adrenal Fatigue
Author: Peter Dobie
13. Male Organ Pain After Oral Sensual Activity: Urethritis?
Author: John Dugan
14. The Growing Relevance Of Mobile Massage Services In Albuquerque
Author: Bernadette Gongora
15. Now Natural Cure For Diabetes Is In Your Fingertips
Author: Salveo Life Sciences Limited