ALL >> Health >> View Article
How To Keep Your Smile White And Healthy
Total Articles: 2
Everyone wants to have a perfect smile, but maintaining it can take a lot of hard work on your part. Between brushing, flossing, using mouthwash, and regularly going to the dentists in Round Rock, keeping your pearly whites pristine takes effort. Not surprisingly, many of us aren’t able to or simply don’t keep up with our dental health as well as we should, which can cause problems such as cavities, infection, and discoloration.
Whether you have slacked a little on your dental cleaning habits or just don’t have the bright smile that you’re looking for, there are other options available to you. This article will give you an overview of what the most effective methods of whitening your teeth are and help you get the results you’re looking for in the long run.
Home Whitening Kits: Do They Actually Work?
You’ve seen the commercials on TV advertising home whitening kits, and you’re probably wondering whether or not they are effective. With the small price tag and easy instructions, the kits sound too good to be true. We’ve asked the dentists in Round Rock what they think, and the answer is sometimes.
The truth is that at-home whitening kits only affect some types of stains, and they typically take a long time before you will be able to see any results. Whether you’re using whitening toothpaste, mouthwash, trays, or strips, you’ll have to stick with it for two weeks to a month before you can determine whether it is working. Home whiteners will typically have some effect on surface stains, but discoloration due to age or genetics might be more stubborn.
Is Getting Veneers Worth It?
Many dentists in Round Rock and the surrounding areas are now offering porcelain veneers and dental implants as a method of whitening your teeth. Typically, veneers are expensive, but they provide a long-lasting solution for discoloration. Low-quality veneers will cost around $500 per tooth, while high-quality veneers can cost up to $2,000.
Veneers will not be a good option for you if your teeth are weak or have other dental problems. Additionally, a dentist might suggest that you go with another teeth-whitening solution if you don’t have enough enamel left on your teeth. Veneers are very permanent, so it is important that you consult one of the dentists in Round Rock or an area near you before you decide to get them placed.
Hopefully you now have a better idea of what to look for in your search for whiter teeth!
Great Oaks Family & Cosmetic Dentistry in Round Rock, Texas provides sedation, cosmetic & general dentistry procedures. In addition, Dr. Alayan has undergone advanced training at the Las Vegas Institute for advanced dental studies. If you are looking for a dentist in Round Rock using the keywords, Round Rock dentist or cosmetic dentist Round Rock, visit our clinic or website www.greatoaksdentistry.com.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important