ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Build A Log House – 8 Easy Steps
Total Articles: 11
If you are searching for a guide that will enlighten you with the process of how to build a log house, your search ends here. Log houses have been one of the most popular choices for dwelling and are also the most convenient option for a comfortable living. Log homes are easy constructions and can also be created without the use of a professional builder. Therefore, if you are not planning to go for log houses for sale and want to do-it-yourself, all you need is a better guidance and some relevant information.
Here is an easy guide to plan and create log houses in 8 simple steps:
Log selection – The first task in the construction process is to select the raw materials. Since the primal material is log, you need to find a provider that can provide you the finest quality logs. Once you have selected the best ones, they need to be peeled and cut in specific sizes.
Site selection – Where you are going to construct your house is a point of concern too. Things to check out in this section are the nature of the surface of that particular land, structure, water table level, etc. Checking out these points will ensure that the land will be apt for holding the establishment firmly.
Engineering – Next comes planning the construction design of the house, or in other words, the construction blueprint. Here you can take the help of a professions or search it from the internet. There are various types of information sites that can easily get you through this process.
Buying other construction materials – Other than the log cabins, you will need various other materials for roofing, framing, plumbing, wall setting, and laying the foundation. You can easily find the required materials in the nearby hardware store. Make a list of materials and get them all at once. This way you might get some reasonable discounts from the provider.
Laying the foundation – With all the materials ready, you need to start with laying the foundation first. Excavate the specified region whereby you can pour the concrete.
Log work – Erect the log walls first. Install joists, pullins, ridge poles, columns, girders and notchwork. This will look like a bare house structure since the walling and roofing hasn’t been done.
Roofing and framing – Here you have two options. You can either go for the main roof or create a sub roof. Having a sub roof will give you an extra storage space. For the walls, you can make use of logs and glasses. It is better to have glass on the top layers of the wall. This will aid in getting more sunlight from outside and will act as a natural source of lighting.
Plumbing and electricity – These are the final requirements that will be necessary to attend. Plumbing and electricity will give the establishment the perfection one needs for dwelling.
Go for these steps carefully to get your log houses Ireland created in the best way.
About Author: coppolacabins.ie is a prominent provider of long lasting Log Houses Ireland at affordable prices. It also has
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald