ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Build A Log House – 8 Easy Steps
Total Articles: 10
If you are searching for a guide that will enlighten you with the process of how to build a log house, your search ends here. Log houses have been one of the most popular choices for dwelling and are also the most convenient option for a comfortable living. Log homes are easy constructions and can also be created without the use of a professional builder. Therefore, if you are not planning to go for log houses for sale and want to do-it-yourself, all you need is a better guidance and some relevant information.
Here is an easy guide to plan and create log houses in 8 simple steps:
Log selection – The first task in the construction process is to select the raw materials. Since the primal material is log, you need to find a provider that can provide you the finest quality logs. Once you have selected the best ones, they need to be peeled and cut in specific sizes.
Site selection – Where you are going to construct your house is a point of concern too. Things to check out in this section are the nature of the surface of that particular land, structure, water table level, etc. Checking out these points will ensure that the land will be apt for holding the establishment firmly.
Engineering – Next comes planning the construction design of the house, or in other words, the construction blueprint. Here you can take the help of a professions or search it from the internet. There are various types of information sites that can easily get you through this process.
Buying other construction materials – Other than the log cabins, you will need various other materials for roofing, framing, plumbing, wall setting, and laying the foundation. You can easily find the required materials in the nearby hardware store. Make a list of materials and get them all at once. This way you might get some reasonable discounts from the provider.
Laying the foundation – With all the materials ready, you need to start with laying the foundation first. Excavate the specified region whereby you can pour the concrete.
Log work – Erect the log walls first. Install joists, pullins, ridge poles, columns, girders and notchwork. This will look like a bare house structure since the walling and roofing hasn’t been done.
Roofing and framing – Here you have two options. You can either go for the main roof or create a sub roof. Having a sub roof will give you an extra storage space. For the walls, you can make use of logs and glasses. It is better to have glass on the top layers of the wall. This will aid in getting more sunlight from outside and will act as a natural source of lighting.
Plumbing and electricity – These are the final requirements that will be necessary to attend. Plumbing and electricity will give the establishment the perfection one needs for dwelling.
Go for these steps carefully to get your log houses Ireland created in the best way.
About Author: coppolacabins.ie is a prominent provider of long lasting Log Houses Ireland at affordable prices. It also has
Home and Garden Articles1. Get A Window Mesh To Keep The Insects Away
2. 6 Advantages Of Cleaners In Canberra
Author: Tom Velko
3. Get Quality Solutions On Waterproofing And Maintain Your Property
Author: Jordan Curr
4. Types Of Fencing Put Up By The Homeowners In The Present Time And Its Worth
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. Reasons Why You Should Use Advanced Mowing & Maintenance's Expert Lawn Care Service
Author: Rodney Back
6. Things To Consider While Developing A New Garage In Your Home
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What To Keep In Mind While Planning Your Home Design
Author: Adam Leworthy
8. Why To Choose Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Shamia Akram
9. Relying On A Pool Compliance Service Provider Is Essential To Make Your Pool Safe
Author: David Donvito
10. Benefits Of Having A Pest Control East Bay Ca Done!
Author: Todd Purvis
11. Ideas On How You Can Create Privacy For Your Home
Author: Chloe Kellaway
12. How To Keep Your Roof Ceiling And Soffit In Good Condition For Years
Author: Brayden Haritos
13. Kitchen Waste To Compost Conversion In 4 Hours
Author: Anu kapoor
14. Cool Tips On Keeping Your Scaffolding Strong & Durable For Years
Author: Suzane Bogdana
15. Situations When Regular Rug Cleaning Becomes Essential
Author: Alyssa Ramsden