ALL >> General >> View Article
Scada Systems For Electric Power Industry
Total Articles: 271
With a SCADA system from Lucy Switchgear you know you are getting an automation solution from an industry leader in the power distribution industry - http://www.LucyElectric.com
As one of the leading scada manufacturers, Lucy Switchgear has been serving the needs of electrical utilities markets, distribution network operators and electricity companies around the world for over 100 years.
The scada system design enables it to safely and reliably monitor and control the operation of large electrical networks.
The system collects and processes data sent from other substations providing the operator with a comprehensive view of the entire network.
Here's an animated diagram of a scada monitored electrical network, providing electricity from a regional substation to a number of other key areas and communities, including a residential area, commercial city district and a local airport. A busy port and a small rural community are also supplied by the primary substation through another circuit.
This demonstration walk through video shows how the scada system is used to manage and maintain the network intelligently following a fault.
When the fault occurs, the scada system receives notification of the circuit breaker trip and uses fault passage indicators placed around the network to determine where the fault has occurred.
The remote scada data operator is informed about where the fault lies and on which part of the line. The operator is now able to use the Lucy Switchgear system to isolate the problem area and re-route power to the affected customers.
Isolating the fault area from the rest of the network is key and allows the operator to arrange for a repair.
Typically, the network will be sectionalised and power re-routed within 3 minutes of the original fault.
Using the scada system allows the operator to direct the repair team to the specific area on the network where the fault occurred.
Once the operator receives word that the repair is complete and all repair people clear of the site, the scada system is used to restore power to the entire network based upon its usual configuration and operation.
The Lucy scada system structure is designed for it to work in conjunction with the complete range of switching and protection systems for operators.
General Articles1. Norton Antivirus Setup Support For Virus Removal
Author: Shane Wills
2. Best Floor Plan Design Tips
Author: The Cheesy Animation
3. How To Select The Best Public Electric Car Charging Stations
4. Gebd - Education Directory Online In Australia
5. Land Transport Companies | Logistics Services In Dubai
6. Foxminers Launches Revolutionary Mining Chip
7. Wise Cards And Access Control - A Look In The Not Too Faraway Future
Author: Joe pi
8. Seo Mistake That Totally Effects Our Website Traffic.
Author: Nipa Sharma
9. Land Title Search Why It Is Needed And What They Consist Of
Author: Olivier Thomas is the author of this article
10. Taroudant In Morocco
Author: Medhat Elsergany
11. How Should One Choose The Best Mode Of Sicily Transfer?
Author: Christian Guardione
12. Psp4 Repair Centre Manchester - Playstation Repair By Experts
Author: PSP4 Repair Centre
13. Examcollection 400-151 Vce Practice Test
14. How To Take Care Of Indoor Plants
15. Realtor In Boerne Tx – Hire The Most Professional Fredericksburg Texas Real Estate Agent!
Author: Realtor in Boerne TX, Fredericksburg Texas