ALL >> General >> View Article
Scada Systems For Electric Power Industry
Total Articles: 271
With a SCADA system from Lucy Switchgear you know you are getting an automation solution from an industry leader in the power distribution industry - http://www.LucyElectric.com
As one of the leading scada manufacturers, Lucy Switchgear has been serving the needs of electrical utilities markets, distribution network operators and electricity companies around the world for over 100 years.
The scada system design enables it to safely and reliably monitor and control the operation of large electrical networks.
The system collects and processes data sent from other substations providing the operator with a comprehensive view of the entire network.
Here's an animated diagram of a scada monitored electrical network, providing electricity from a regional substation to a number of other key areas and communities, including a residential area, commercial city district and a local airport. A busy port and a small rural community are also supplied by the primary substation through another circuit.
This demonstration walk through video shows how the scada system is used to manage and maintain the network intelligently following a fault.
When the fault occurs, the scada system receives notification of the circuit breaker trip and uses fault passage indicators placed around the network to determine where the fault has occurred.
The remote scada data operator is informed about where the fault lies and on which part of the line. The operator is now able to use the Lucy Switchgear system to isolate the problem area and re-route power to the affected customers.
Isolating the fault area from the rest of the network is key and allows the operator to arrange for a repair.
Typically, the network will be sectionalised and power re-routed within 3 minutes of the original fault.
Using the scada system allows the operator to direct the repair team to the specific area on the network where the fault occurred.
Once the operator receives word that the repair is complete and all repair people clear of the site, the scada system is used to restore power to the entire network based upon its usual configuration and operation.
The Lucy scada system structure is designed for it to work in conjunction with the complete range of switching and protection systems for operators.
General Articles1. Tips On How To Solve Your Coursework Problems Effectively
Author: Tiana Crush
2. Arts And Crafts Supplies Online
Author: Nandan Goda
3. 7 Best Tips To Secure The Business From Cyber Security
Author: Edward Lewis
4. Three Project Ideas For Beginning Woodworkers
Author: Edmund Brunetti
5. How To Make Your Antalya Holidays Worth Cherishing
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
6. How Can You Protect Your Identity While Surfing The Internet?
Author: Bradon Wilson
7. How To Fix Brother Printer Offline On Windows 10?
Author: Bradon Wilson
8. Nhai Initiates New Surveillance System For National Highways
10. Green Magnesium Oxide From Meishen
Author: Allen hu
11. Top 3 Reasons To Invest In Mumbai Real Estate
Author: Saloni Mehta
12. Common Confusions Cleared About Regular Power-of-attorney
Author: Carl Glendon
13. Professional Medical Practice Management Is What You Need Now!
Author: Andre Nkosi
14. Email Marketing Drag & Drop Editor Create Unique Templates For Business Mailing
Author: Marsha Leyva
15. There’s Van Cleef & Arpes Accessories Spring@mimo.su