ALL >> General >> View Article
Scada Systems For Electric Power Industry
Total Articles: 271
With a SCADA system from Lucy Switchgear you know you are getting an automation solution from an industry leader in the power distribution industry - http://www.LucyElectric.com
As one of the leading scada manufacturers, Lucy Switchgear has been serving the needs of electrical utilities markets, distribution network operators and electricity companies around the world for over 100 years.
The scada system design enables it to safely and reliably monitor and control the operation of large electrical networks.
The system collects and processes data sent from other substations providing the operator with a comprehensive view of the entire network.
Here's an animated diagram of a scada monitored electrical network, providing electricity from a regional substation to a number of other key areas and communities, including a residential area, commercial city district and a local airport. A busy port and a small rural community are also supplied by the primary substation through another circuit.
This demonstration walk through video shows how the scada system is used to manage and maintain the network intelligently following a fault.
When the fault occurs, the scada system receives notification of the circuit breaker trip and uses fault passage indicators placed around the network to determine where the fault has occurred.
The remote scada data operator is informed about where the fault lies and on which part of the line. The operator is now able to use the Lucy Switchgear system to isolate the problem area and re-route power to the affected customers.
Isolating the fault area from the rest of the network is key and allows the operator to arrange for a repair.
Typically, the network will be sectionalised and power re-routed within 3 minutes of the original fault.
Using the scada system allows the operator to direct the repair team to the specific area on the network where the fault occurred.
Once the operator receives word that the repair is complete and all repair people clear of the site, the scada system is used to restore power to the entire network based upon its usual configuration and operation.
The Lucy scada system structure is designed for it to work in conjunction with the complete range of switching and protection systems for operators.
General Articles1. Neurostimulation Devices Market Opportunity, Trends And Growth Analysis, Industry Forecast To 2025
Author: Chris Smith
2. Tamilnadu Politics
3. Exclusive Tips To Hire Pro Roofing Services At Minimal Cost
4. Hydraulic, Thermoplastic, Industrial Hose Manufacturer
5. Best Electronic Recharge Platform To Get Instant Top Up Services
6. Reliable Motorola Service Centre Leeds – Motorola Repairer
7. Update Extends Dx Beyond Traditional Channels On
8. The Popularity Of Indian Sweets Online In Usa
Author: Ghasitaram Gifts
9. Guide To Choose Destination Wedding Photographer In Southern California
Author: Sagar Gore
10. Most Current New Trends And Styles In Pearl Jewelry
11. $211,500 Jackie Kennedy’s Legendary Three Strand Faux Pearl Necklace
12. Find Experienced Traffic Ticket Lawyer Houston To Have The Case Dismissed In The Court
13. Il Rapporto Con Blanchett è Cresciuto Intorno Agli Abiti Oscar E Sag
14. Tips For Hiring Best Orlando Wedding Videographer
Author: Sagar Gore
15. Textiles Turning Eco-friendly.
Author: Sanath Shah