ALL >> General >> View Article
Scada Systems For Electric Power Industry
Total Articles: 271
With a SCADA system from Lucy Switchgear you know you are getting an automation solution from an industry leader in the power distribution industry - http://www.LucyElectric.com
As one of the leading scada manufacturers, Lucy Switchgear has been serving the needs of electrical utilities markets, distribution network operators and electricity companies around the world for over 100 years.
The scada system design enables it to safely and reliably monitor and control the operation of large electrical networks.
The system collects and processes data sent from other substations providing the operator with a comprehensive view of the entire network.
Here's an animated diagram of a scada monitored electrical network, providing electricity from a regional substation to a number of other key areas and communities, including a residential area, commercial city district and a local airport. A busy port and a small rural community are also supplied by the primary substation through another circuit.
This demonstration walk through video shows how the scada system is used to manage and maintain the network intelligently following a fault.
When the fault occurs, the scada system receives notification of the circuit breaker trip and uses fault passage indicators placed around the network to determine where the fault has occurred.
The remote scada data operator is informed about where the fault lies and on which part of the line. The operator is now able to use the Lucy Switchgear system to isolate the problem area and re-route power to the affected customers.
Isolating the fault area from the rest of the network is key and allows the operator to arrange for a repair.
Typically, the network will be sectionalised and power re-routed within 3 minutes of the original fault.
Using the scada system allows the operator to direct the repair team to the specific area on the network where the fault occurred.
Once the operator receives word that the repair is complete and all repair people clear of the site, the scada system is used to restore power to the entire network based upon its usual configuration and operation.
The Lucy scada system structure is designed for it to work in conjunction with the complete range of switching and protection systems for operators.
General Articles1. What Are The Skills Development To Be Improved To Get The Best Jobs?
2. How Can An Electrician Wollongong Be Perfect For You
Author: Fellacity Trunck
3. Know Your Pan Card Status Here
4. Atharva Innovation Is Top Dealer And Distributor For Mechanical Products In Pune
5. Herbal & Natural Health Solutions For Women’s Problems
6. Pune- The City Of Opportunities For Mba Graduates
Author: Scmhrd Pune
7. Which Hotel Booking Sites Offer The Best Deals?
Author: Antonio Arola
8. Should You Invest In Vacation Homes In Costa Rica
Author: Jennifer Frazier
9. Express Entry System Alberta
Author: xiphias immigration
10. Auto Dealers For New And Used Cars
11. Entrepreneur Visa For Australia
Author: xiphias immigration
12. Online Food Ordering Script With Astounding Features
13. Trick To Buy Mi 1rs Products
14. The Essential Checklist For Hiring A Great Plumber
Author: John Roy
15. Stylize Your Appearance With Well Crafted Silver Jewelries
Author: Bryan Gentles