ALL >> General >> View Article
Scada Systems For Electric Power Industry
Total Articles: 284
With a SCADA system from Lucy Switchgear you know you are getting an automation solution from an industry leader in the power distribution industry - http://www.LucyElectric.com
As one of the leading scada manufacturers, Lucy Switchgear has been serving the needs of electrical utilities markets, distribution network operators and electricity companies around the world for over 100 years.
The scada system design enables it to safely and reliably monitor and control the operation of large electrical networks.
The system collects and processes data sent from other substations providing the operator with a comprehensive view of the entire network.
Here's an animated diagram of a scada monitored electrical network, providing electricity from a regional substation to a number of other key areas and communities, including a residential area, commercial city district and a local airport. A busy port and a small rural community are also supplied by the primary substation through another circuit.
This demonstration walk through video shows how the scada system is used to manage and maintain the network intelligently following a fault.
When the fault occurs, the scada system receives notification of the circuit breaker trip and uses fault passage indicators placed around the network to determine where the fault has occurred.
The remote scada data operator is informed about where the fault lies and on which part of the line. The operator is now able to use the Lucy Switchgear system to isolate the problem area and re-route power to the affected customers.
Isolating the fault area from the rest of the network is key and allows the operator to arrange for a repair.
Typically, the network will be sectionalised and power re-routed within 3 minutes of the original fault.
Using the scada system allows the operator to direct the repair team to the specific area on the network where the fault occurred.
Once the operator receives word that the repair is complete and all repair people clear of the site, the scada system is used to restore power to the entire network based upon its usual configuration and operation.
The Lucy scada system structure is designed for it to work in conjunction with the complete range of switching and protection systems for operators.
General Articles1. Budget-friendly Prom Transportation With A Party Bus Of Dc
Author: cheap party bus dc
2. 5 Tips To Store Your Clothes In A Self-storage Unit
Author: Hannah Paul
3. Teflon Wires - A Sturdy Material For The Safety Of Your Workplace
Author: Mr. Nitin Pratap Singh.
4. Iphone 6s Screen Repair Johnstone
5. The New Subaru Outback Shines As Pro Cycling Support Car
Author: Ben Sporn
6. Safety Tips You Need To Know Before Taking A Cab In Delhi.
Author: Hello42 cabs
7. Luxurious And Budget Friendly Transportation With Washington, Dc Limo Service
Author: limo service dc
8. Php Multi Vendor B2b | B2c Ecommerce Marketplace Web Development Company
9. Make Valentine’s Day A Group Celebration With Party Buses For Rent
10. Tips To Minimise Energy Bills In 2017
11. The Southbourne Tax Group: Tips On Having An Efficient Tax Appointment
Author: Elsie Meidinger
12. Email Address Verification
Author: parveen kumar
13. Everything You Need To Know About Leaking Balconies And Its Repair
Author: Andrew Lance
14. Steps To Get Into Mobile App Development And Ensure Success
Author: Harold Vance
15. Flights From San Francisco (sfo) To Mumbai (bom)
Author: Guru Karanam