ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Michigan Employment Discrimination Law - An Overview
Total Articles: 4
Right from the establishment of the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s in the United States, the Federal and State Governments have passed a number of laws that prevent employers from showing discrimination against workforce on most of the grounds, apart from the quality of the work or her personality or nature. Here are some details about Michigan employment discrimination law:
Race, nationality, religion and gender: This is the most popular anti-discrimination category. This rule prevents an employer with more than 15 employees from showing differences against them on the grounds of religion, gender, national origin and race. So, an owner of an organization cannot harass, pay less, fail to promote, deny training, fire or refuse to hire a person on any of these grounds. If done so, the job seeker or employee can get in touch with Michigan Employment Discrimination attorneys to file a complaint against the owner of the company for showing such a difference.
Other types of discriminations: When it comes to gender differences, it encompasses, differences on the grounds of pregnancy. Also, there should not be any partiality shown towards women and people from minority group. Also, differences should not be shown on the basis of skin color as well.
Equal pay discrimination: Also, when it comes to pay, it is important that the business owner should pay equally to men and women engaged in the same type of work. However, differences can be on the grounds of seniority, merit and other factors that are not based on gender.
Age discrimination: This includes partiality shown against employees, who are 40 years or more age by an employer with more than 20 people working. If a person is forced to retire on the grounds of age, he has all rights to get in touch with Michigan employment discrimination attorneys for the mental agony experienced and also for the loss of pay due to forced retirement.
Disability discrimination: The Americans With Disabilities Act and the Rehabilitation Act aims at preventing differences shown on the grounds of disability. All Federal contracts, government entities and private business owners with more than 15 employees should never show differences on the basis of inability. Here, it is important that the disabled person should show the proof of his disability and it is also important for the employer to make appropriate facilities for the proper operation of the disabled person.
People, who experience discrimination on any of the above-mentioned grounds can contact discrimination attorneys to seek their help in this respect.
We have decades of experience serving people in Detroit Police Brutality, throughout Michigan, and across the country. In addition, our Michigan Employment Discrimination attorneys give an efficient solution to even most complex cases and even presonal injury cases. To know more about Michigan Personal Injury Attorneys, visit us online.
Legal Articles1. Avail Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Services To Safeguard Your Legal Interests
2. What Does A Car Accident Lawyer Do?
3. The Traffic Tickets Defense Lawyer Houston Can Save You From All Types Of Traffic Violations
4. Importance Of Hiring A Wrongful Death Lawyer
5. Setting Up Business In India
Author: knowledgentia Consultants
6. Choosing A Reputable Attorney To Represent You In Court
Author: Adam Clark
7. Know About Law Firms That Help In Accident Cases
Author: Adam Clark
8. Leading Criminal Defense Attorney Assistance
Author: Adam Clark
9. At What Point Should You Contact A Lawyer To Deal With Your Car Accident?
10. 5 Important Questions To Ask Your Car Accident Attorney In Arizona
11. Contact Personal Injury Lawyers Oklahoma For Best Compensation
12. How To Divorce Your Spouse -mutual Consent Divorce- Hindu Divorce Law
Author: Legal Resolved
13. Wrongful Death Lawyers: What To Expect In A Wrongful Death Lawsuit
14. How To Attract Clients And Boost Your Law Firm Business?
Author: John Ford
15. Importance Of Legal Documentation Company