ALL >> Environment >> View Article
Hvac Hygiene Inspections In Australia
Total Articles: 7
Business owners are often surprised when we inform them that their HVAC system is not only responsible for poor air quality but is also responsible for transmitting air borne diseases.
Over time, the presence of moisture ensures that every HVAC system will gather dust and also begin to rust. The rust in turn gathers even more dust and also loosens the insulation. Dust when mixed with moisture from HVAC system, the dust becomes a breeding ground for bacteria. The bacteria in turn releases spores into the air ducts thus spreading infections and disease. Soon enough a vigilant HR management team will notice people falling sick more often or complaining of headaches etc.
HVAC HYGIENE MAINTENANCE (AS/NZS 3666.2 & 3666.4)
Australian Standard AS/NZS 3666.2 & 3666.4 requires Australian businesses to conduct regular Asbestos air monitoring NSW. The building / business owners and managers have to ensure hygienic work / living environment to the occupants of the building. This includes periodic HVAC hygiene inspections.
Merely having a HVAC maintenance contract in place does not amount to a compliance of AS/NZS 3666.2/ 3666.4. This is because most HVAC maintenance contracts do not include HVAC hygiene as part of the service requirement. In any case, HVAC hygiene inspection is a specialized job and requires specialized diagnostic and sampling tools. The majority of HVAC maintenance crews and service providers are ill equipped to the task.
The frequency of the HVAC hygiene inspections depends on the design of the HVAC system, the quantum and placement of filtration systems, the type of areas serviced by the system and even the geographical location of the building. Broadly though, HVAC hygiene inspections need to be conducted once every 5 years.
BEST PRACTICE TO ENSURE HVAC Hygiene
Hire HVAC hygiene specialists to conduct your Asbestos registers and management plans as per Australian Standard AS/NZS 3666.2 & 3666.4. This provides a more accurate evaluation of the HVAC system.
There are many service providers that conduct HVAC hygiene inspections. The most prominent being J.M.B.E.C (http://jmbec.com.au)
Broadly, AS/NZS 3666.2 & 3666.4 is a three-stage process comprising of:
1. On-site assessment – of air-handling systems by a competent person
2. Evaluation and reporting – of growth of microo
3. Implementation of compliance –rectification and re-inspection.
INCLUDE HVAC Hygiene AS PART OF BUILDING MAINTENANCE
The dust and grime within the HVAC is invisible and hence no attention is paid to it. The only time that business / building owners look into it is when occupants fall sick and complaints begin to mount.
A building that is regularly maintained requires an allocation of $5000 to $20,000 for HVAC hygiene inspection and cleaning. Neglect it and the cost could balloon to a figure in excess of $50,000.
Always use a specialist team like JMBEC for your HVAC inspection. This is because parts within the HVAC system are difficult to access and only dedicated specialists will do a thorough job.
Environment Articles1. How Solar Energy Works And How You Could Take Advantage From It?
Author: Solar Etribe
2. Battle Of The Solar Manufacturers
3. An Intro To The Solar Hot Water Heater
Author: Ross Barkely
4. Say Hello To The Highly-efficient Solar On Grid Systems
Author: Solar on Grid Systems
5. Epa To Consider Controlling Polyfluoroalkyl Substances
Author: Environmental Resource Center
6. Solar Products Manufacturers In India
Author: Solar E tribe
7. The Future Of Solar Energy In The India What To Expect
Author: SOLAR eTRIBE
8. Solar Installation Training In India. How To Become One?
Author: SOLAR eTRIBE
9. Looking For Solar Leads? Find A Lead
10. How To Choose The Right Solar Energy Leads
Author: Solar e tribe
11. How Can India Become Globally Competitive In Solar Module Manufacturing
12. FundaciÓn Bioplanet - Lucha Por El Cambio ClimÁtico
Author: FUNDACIÓN BIOPLANET
13. Indoor Air Quality Maintenance – Important Factors To Know
Author: Mark Simon
14. Pest Control In Glasgow By Pest Control Expert Yaser Rashid
Author: Yaser Rashid
15. Radon Mitigation Ottawa – Improving Air Quality To Improve The Atmosphere
Author: Mark Simon