ALL >> Business >> View Article
Abney Associates Offices Closed
Total Articles: 25
PR Released June 23, 2014: The true scope of the company’s exposure is yet to emerge at this stage with little information being released and calls going unanswered. The financial services provider has played a prominent part in Hong Kong’s investment community for a number of years, though a series of high risk trades over the last twelve months has seen its clients become increasingly worried, with few taking assurances as to the state of the company’s financial health following its unprecedented losses.
Following the circulation of rumors that one of Hong Kong’s larger offshore providers was in financial difficulty, many in the investment community believed that Abney Associates was the company in question, though statements from Abney Associates rebuffed the allegations, stating only that the company was actively seeking bridging finance in order to cover short term debts accrued over the last two quarters and that all of its client portfolios were still covered.
It is believed that representatives of Abney Associates were as late as last night meeting with a number of institutions both here and on the mainland in efforts to secure financing, which some sources have placed as high as HK$775 million, though this appears to have been ultimately unsuccessful with the company informing staff that they would no longer be required and closing its offices as of 3 p.m. this afternoon.
In a brief statement released by Abney Associates this afternoon, the company stated that the closure of its operations were simply a temporary measure and that a number of avenues were being sought to ensure that clients of the company would have their accounts active again in the short term with little to no loses expected to be incurred during this period of inactivity. The statement went on to say that all of the company’s clients who had been affected by this move were to be contacted and offered options on how they wished to handle their portfolios in the coming weeks.
Business Articles1. Tiles Style Guide For Your Home Interior Décor!
Author: Ruchir Jethva
2. What Are Gst’s Seven Deadly Defects?
Author: Mohit Yadev
3. The Asean (association Of Southeast Asian Nations) Automotive Composites Market Is Expected To Grow
Author: Lucintel LLC
4. The Expanding Scope And Sphere Of Artificial Intelligence
Author: Avaali Solutions
5. Best Performance Based Software Development Company
6. Tips To Choose A Interior Designers For Home
Author: Anny winslet
7. 5 Tips To Find A Notable Insurance Accident Repair Centre!
Author: Rob Porter
8. How Can You Set Your Mark In The World Of Construction Using Online Business Directories?
Author: John Smith
9. Buy Cheap Assignment Online
10. Vilnius Activities & Tours
11. An Introduction To Thermal Spray
Author: Ross Barkely
12. How To Find The Best Towbar Accessories Suppliers In Australia
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. How To Gain Good Profit On Comex Signals By Gold Crude Research
Author: Gold Crude Research
14. Uk's Largest Canopies And Walkways Supplier
15. Residential Pest Control - How You Can Prevent Insect Problems
Author: Michael Gray