ALL >> Business >> View Article
Abney Associates Offices Closed
Total Articles: 25
PR Released June 23, 2014: The true scope of the company’s exposure is yet to emerge at this stage with little information being released and calls going unanswered. The financial services provider has played a prominent part in Hong Kong’s investment community for a number of years, though a series of high risk trades over the last twelve months has seen its clients become increasingly worried, with few taking assurances as to the state of the company’s financial health following its unprecedented losses.
Following the circulation of rumors that one of Hong Kong’s larger offshore providers was in financial difficulty, many in the investment community believed that Abney Associates was the company in question, though statements from Abney Associates rebuffed the allegations, stating only that the company was actively seeking bridging finance in order to cover short term debts accrued over the last two quarters and that all of its client portfolios were still covered.
It is believed that representatives of Abney Associates were as late as last night meeting with a number of institutions both here and on the mainland in efforts to secure financing, which some sources have placed as high as HK$775 million, though this appears to have been ultimately unsuccessful with the company informing staff that they would no longer be required and closing its offices as of 3 p.m. this afternoon.
In a brief statement released by Abney Associates this afternoon, the company stated that the closure of its operations were simply a temporary measure and that a number of avenues were being sought to ensure that clients of the company would have their accounts active again in the short term with little to no loses expected to be incurred during this period of inactivity. The statement went on to say that all of the company’s clients who had been affected by this move were to be contacted and offered options on how they wished to handle their portfolios in the coming weeks.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla