ALL >> Travel >> View Article
10 Facts About Dubai
Total Articles: 50
Dubai is a fairly unique place with world record breaking high rise structures and huge shopping malls in amongst the emirate’s other futuristic creations. For those who ever wonder why sending a letter in Dubai is different to another district or exactly what makes the Burj Al Arab a 7* hotel, learn on..
1. There is no such thing as a customary address system in Dubai. Surprisingly for a city so focused on business, Dubai lacks a fundamental address location system. It’s typically obligatory to easily draw a map or describe the location of an office or home to facilitate a delivery.
2. Dubai is resident to the world’s tallest structure: the Burj Khalifa. It stands at 828m tall and hosts a number of other world records together with: highest freestanding structure on the planet, highest occupied floor in the world, highest amount of levels on the earth, highest outside observation deck on this planet, lift with longest journey distance on the planet, and highest service elevator on the planet!
3. Laid top to bottom, the Burj Khalifa stretches over a quarter of the best way around the world and the full weight of the aluminium used to construct it's equal to that of 5 A380 aircraft.
4. Foreigners make up 85% of the whole inhabitants! Local Emiratis are in the minority amongst the inhabitants of just over 2 million. The vast majority of the inhabitants from abroad are from Asia, with almost 3per cent classed as ‘western’.
5. Dubai has air conditioned bus stops. Air conditioned public transport isn’t just confined to the buses only. With temperatures rising to over 40 degrees Celcius in some parts of summer, this isn’t as crazy an concept as it sounds. Some of the bus stops now have their very own Wi-Fi.
6. The Dubai Mall is the biggest shopping centre in the world and provides more than 1,200 outlets. The Mall features its personal aquarium, has its own ice rink and its own SEGA theme park.
7. Dubai holds the record for the longest gold chain ever made. The chain, displayed back in 1999 at the Dubai Shopping Festival calculated an unbelievable 4.1km in distance and weighed 200kg. Over 6,000 residents purchased sections of the chain when it was divided up.
8. While we’re on the topic, it's also possible to buy gold from a merchandising machine in Dubai. The Gold to Go machine in the Dubai Mall is guarded by armoured guards and offers 320 different forms of 24 karat gold including gold bars, coins and wearable jewellery. The live costs are up to date each minute.
9. Dubai provides the world’s sole 7* hotel. Positioned on its unique island (it's essential to have reserved a room to be allowed entry) the Burj Al Arab. The hotel presents a helicopter arrival service, Aston Martins and Ferraris for hire, in addition to a member of staff to suite ratio of 8:1.
10. Dubai is home to the world’s largest indoor aquarium, which holds over 10 million litres of water. The aquarium hosts greater than 33,000 aquatic animals and over 200 different species.
Travel Articles1. India Viajes Mundial El Mejor Viaje
Author: Jessica Johansson
2. Practical Wedding Transportation Solutions With Tampa Bay Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Overseas Exploration Travel In Nepal
Author: Sudip Shahi
4. Reasons To Choose A Good Taxi Service In Udaipur, Rajasthan
Author: Jai Bhawani
5. Bristol Taxis – Search For The Best Clifton Taxi Service Now!
Author: Michel Umer
6. Krabi Taxi – Krabi Airport Taxi Will Never Let You Down!
Author: Khun Franco
7. Beautiful Beach Tour In Goa
Author: Top Travel
8. Do You Know How Make Your Tour Of Sicily Quite Enthralling?
Author: Christian Guardione
9. India, A Paradise For Bird Watchers
10. Sightseeing Tour Limo In Washington Dc: What Are The Places To Explore?
Author: Mike Johnson
11. Applying Uae Visa Online Helps You Visit Top Tourist Attractions In Dubai
Author: Zuhair Hanif
12. Why You Should Reserve This Incredible Villa For Your Vacation?
13. Travel Myths You Need To Get Rid Of Right Now
Author: Wayne Brook
14. Nyc Car Services Compatible For Babies And Kids
Author: Robert Anhouse
15. How To Make Your Mountain Biking Easy With Travel Guides?
Author: Walter Winkler