ALL >> Travel >> View Article
10 Facts About Dubai
Total Articles: 50
Dubai is a fairly unique place with world record breaking high rise structures and huge shopping malls in amongst the emirate’s other futuristic creations. For those who ever wonder why sending a letter in Dubai is different to another district or exactly what makes the Burj Al Arab a 7* hotel, learn on..
1. There is no such thing as a customary address system in Dubai. Surprisingly for a city so focused on business, Dubai lacks a fundamental address location system. It’s typically obligatory to easily draw a map or describe the location of an office or home to facilitate a delivery.
2. Dubai is resident to the world’s tallest structure: the Burj Khalifa. It stands at 828m tall and hosts a number of other world records together with: highest freestanding structure on the planet, highest occupied floor in the world, highest amount of levels on the earth, highest outside observation deck on this planet, lift with longest journey distance on the planet, and highest service elevator on the planet!
3. Laid top to bottom, the Burj Khalifa stretches over a quarter of the best way around the world and the full weight of the aluminium used to construct it's equal to that of 5 A380 aircraft.
4. Foreigners make up 85% of the whole inhabitants! Local Emiratis are in the minority amongst the inhabitants of just over 2 million. The vast majority of the inhabitants from abroad are from Asia, with almost 3per cent classed as ‘western’.
5. Dubai has air conditioned bus stops. Air conditioned public transport isn’t just confined to the buses only. With temperatures rising to over 40 degrees Celcius in some parts of summer, this isn’t as crazy an concept as it sounds. Some of the bus stops now have their very own Wi-Fi.
6. The Dubai Mall is the biggest shopping centre in the world and provides more than 1,200 outlets. The Mall features its personal aquarium, has its own ice rink and its own SEGA theme park.
7. Dubai holds the record for the longest gold chain ever made. The chain, displayed back in 1999 at the Dubai Shopping Festival calculated an unbelievable 4.1km in distance and weighed 200kg. Over 6,000 residents purchased sections of the chain when it was divided up.
8. While we’re on the topic, it's also possible to buy gold from a merchandising machine in Dubai. The Gold to Go machine in the Dubai Mall is guarded by armoured guards and offers 320 different forms of 24 karat gold including gold bars, coins and wearable jewellery. The live costs are up to date each minute.
9. Dubai provides the world’s sole 7* hotel. Positioned on its unique island (it's essential to have reserved a room to be allowed entry) the Burj Al Arab. The hotel presents a helicopter arrival service, Aston Martins and Ferraris for hire, in addition to a member of staff to suite ratio of 8:1.
10. Dubai is home to the world’s largest indoor aquarium, which holds over 10 million litres of water. The aquarium hosts greater than 33,000 aquatic animals and over 200 different species.
Travel Articles1. Logistical Reasons For A Wedding Shuttle Via Pittsburgh Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus
2. Joint Celebration For The Bride And Groom In A Party Bus Rental Through Phoenix
Author: john wick
3. Are You Planning To India Nepal Tour Packages?
Author: Rakesh Kumar
4. Melt The Stress Away With Honeymoon Limo Service In Gaithersburg
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
5. Easy Transportation Designation For All Bachelor And Bachelorette Party Plans With Pittsburgh Limo S
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
6. Celebrate Before Your Marry Via Party Bus Rental Dc
Author: john wick
7. Zimbabwe Travel Agency - Travel Cost Efficiently
8. Wonderful Manaslu Circuit And Tsum Valley Trekking In Nepal For 2018
Author: Landmark Discovery Treks
9. Tips To Plan A Perfect Honeymoon In Manali
Author: Solang Valley Resorts Manali
10. Take The Best Taxi Services During Winter Vacations – Om Travel
11. The Best Ways To Go Through The Northern Lights
Author: Ross Barkely
12. Hire Tullamarine Airport Transfers For A Comfortable And Safe Ride
13. Tour & Travel Company In India
Author: Services International
14. African Island Holiday Packages Can Be Customized To Meet Your Personal Preferences!
Author: Sandy Russell
15. How About Isla Espiritu Santo- A Tourist Must See
Author: Terry Neal