ALL >> Health >> View Article
How Long Should Dentures Last?
Total Articles: 1
Depending on your age, the length of time that you’ve had the dentures, and how well you take care of them according to your dentist’s instruction, the length that dentures will last will vary. However, with the proper care and maintenance, you won’t have to spend money on dentures for quite some time. Still, however, it is recommended that you take your dentures to a professional denturist on a yearly basis.
The dentures themselves can last you up to thirty years if they have been taken care of well, but the dentures will likely need maintenance every seven-10 years. That maintenance can include denture repair, rebasing, general repair, or mechanical adjustments. The cost of those procedures varies depending on the denturist and the extent of the damage.
How to Keep Dentures in Good Shape
Just like real teeth, dentures require a specific level of maintenance. If you choose not to adequately care for your dentures, you could end up with an infection or have your dentures wear out and require replacement much sooner than is necessary.
Here are some tips on how to keep your dentures in great shape:
• Brush and rinse dentures daily with approved solutions
• Keep the dentures out of the reach of children and handle them with care
• Do not clean your dentures with household cleaners
• When not in use, place dentures in a soaking solution so they keep their shape and resilience
• Talk to your denturist immediately if your dentures are causing irritation or mouth sores
It is also important to note that most brands of toothpastes should not be used to clean your dentures in any way. The toothpaste will be too abrasive for your dentures and cause serious damage to them.
Your Dentures Are Due for a Repair; Should You Do It Yourself?
Most denturists and dentists advise their patients against do-it-yourself repair kits because they can also cause permanent damage to the dentures. The glue and other chemicals can irreversibly cause problems with the dentures. Unless you have experience with working with dentures, we recommend leaving denture repair to the professionals.
If your dentures have breaks, cracks, or loose teeth, don’t hesitate to call your denturist or other dental health care provider immediately. Dentures that are not in good condition can be potentially harmful to you. And, make sure to get regular denture relines by visiting your denturist.
For more than 30 years, Mark King with Mark’s Dentures Lab has been a trusted source for dentures in Salt Lake City. Patients from all over Utah come for denture repairs & denture relines because of our same-day service. Visit our website, www.marksdentureslab.com, to read more about our services & then give us a call.
Health Articles1. Little Known Advantages Of Metapathia Gr Hunter 4025
Author: Lachlan Hedditch
2. Choosing Between Medical Care And Bankruptcy
Author: Neil Udukala
3. Support Yourself During Chronic Fatigue
4. Prepping A Handsome Male Organ For A Doctor Visit
Author: John Dugan
5. The Care Which Should Not Be Ignored For A Long Time
Author: Claudia Lamington
6. Cpr Courses Winnipeg For The Safety Of Your Family
Author: Franke McDowell
7. Primacare Offers Mobility Scooters Best Transportation To The Elderly Or Disabled
8. Webinar Software: Excellent For Small Business
Author: Smith Victor
9. Baldness Treatment In Bangalore
Author: Dr Reddy
10. Cbd Oil For Pets – Things Every Pet Owner Should Know
Author: ABetter UCBD
11. Organic Traditions Ceremonial Grade Matcha Tea Is The Best Matcha Tea In The World!
Author: Owen Thomson
12. Cosmetic Dentist In Delhi
Author: Dr. Naina Chopra
13. Excel Family Dental - Dental Emergencies
Author: Heidi Huang
14. Plastic Surgery Abu Dhabi – An Overview!
Author: Antonio Brown
15. Best Chiropractor And Wellness Services In Toronto
Author: West End Rehab