ALL >> Health >> View Article
How Long Should Dentures Last?
Total Articles: 1
Depending on your age, the length of time that you’ve had the dentures, and how well you take care of them according to your dentist’s instruction, the length that dentures will last will vary. However, with the proper care and maintenance, you won’t have to spend money on dentures for quite some time. Still, however, it is recommended that you take your dentures to a professional denturist on a yearly basis.
The dentures themselves can last you up to thirty years if they have been taken care of well, but the dentures will likely need maintenance every seven-10 years. That maintenance can include denture repair, rebasing, general repair, or mechanical adjustments. The cost of those procedures varies depending on the denturist and the extent of the damage.
How to Keep Dentures in Good Shape
Just like real teeth, dentures require a specific level of maintenance. If you choose not to adequately care for your dentures, you could end up with an infection or have your dentures wear out and require replacement much sooner than is necessary.
Here are some tips on how to keep your dentures in great shape:
• Brush and rinse dentures daily with approved solutions
• Keep the dentures out of the reach of children and handle them with care
• Do not clean your dentures with household cleaners
• When not in use, place dentures in a soaking solution so they keep their shape and resilience
• Talk to your denturist immediately if your dentures are causing irritation or mouth sores
It is also important to note that most brands of toothpastes should not be used to clean your dentures in any way. The toothpaste will be too abrasive for your dentures and cause serious damage to them.
Your Dentures Are Due for a Repair; Should You Do It Yourself?
Most denturists and dentists advise their patients against do-it-yourself repair kits because they can also cause permanent damage to the dentures. The glue and other chemicals can irreversibly cause problems with the dentures. Unless you have experience with working with dentures, we recommend leaving denture repair to the professionals.
If your dentures have breaks, cracks, or loose teeth, don’t hesitate to call your denturist or other dental health care provider immediately. Dentures that are not in good condition can be potentially harmful to you. And, make sure to get regular denture relines by visiting your denturist.
For more than 30 years, Mark King with Mark’s Dentures Lab has been a trusted source for dentures in Salt Lake City. Patients from all over Utah come for denture repairs & denture relines because of our same-day service. Visit our website, www.marksdentureslab.com, to read more about our services & then give us a call.
Health Articles1. After The Free Qigong Distant Energy Healing
Author: Michael Mohoric
2. That Member Rash: Eczema Or Psoriasis?
Author: John Dugan
3. Explore On The Internet And Make Yourself Free From Oral Issues
Author: Gary Adelani
4. Dental Care Facts You May Not Uncover In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
5. Pharmasynth Has Been Rated As One Of The Top Pharma Company In The Country
6. How To Get Benefits Of Orthodontics Courses For General Dentists And Orthodontic Online Learning
Author: Kenneth Steven
7. Dr. Bruce Hawley And Lynnwood Orthodontics Only Want The Best For Your Teeth
Author: Alan Greek
8. Invisalign In North Wales Office Qualified Dental Practitioners
Author: Paul Wilson
9. Best Place To Get Dental Care
Author: John Marker
10. 8 Basic Manhood Protection Hacks
Author: John Dugan
11. Neurostimulation Devices Market Is Expected To Grow Cagr Of 14.2% Till 2020
Author: Gomez R
12. Great Christmas Deals On Zopiclone
Author: Great Christmas Deals on Zopiclone
13. If You Are In Need Of An Orthodontist Then Dr. Grider Is The Man For You
Author: Paul Greig
14. The Orthodontist In Mckinney That Will Make You Look Great
Author: Change Albert Ratner
15. Men Can Get Their Best Nutritional Supplement With Naka Nutri Multi For Men